Latest News Article

exploding grass

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

JosefKald

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Norix said:

JosefKald said:

The "hidden TNT" usage of this intrigues me, so I propose a different method.

:D  :D  :soil:
:soil:  :tnt:  :soil:
:soil:  :soil:  :soil:

3X3 grid, as displayed above.

The idea is that it'd look just like a dirt block, but if you step on 'em, they explode.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Josef, you sleek, well-oiled muscleman!", (thank you)," why would TNT go off when you step on it? That's Silly with a capital s, as displayed here!"

Consider this. Currently, you set off TNT by giving it a good whack.

So, why wouldn't it go off if you step on it? Maybe TNT as it's used in Minecraft is an impact-sensitive substance.

So many people would set random ones everywhere and people would start getting pissed off because they keeps losing all their items to Fake TNT. But I like the idea XD

Well, they still take time to detonate, of course...so you could run away and minimize the damage (if you're quick enough, you tub of lard!). But I think the first time you step on an inccouous little brick of dirt and hear "*pchk* SSSSSSS", your first instinct would be to look around for a creeper. Little does the noob suspect the explosion comes from below! *evil laugh*
Here's a tip: Don't try to kill a creeper with a mushroom. Just don't.

Register or log in to remove.

Norix
    Norix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3743 posts
  • Minecraft: Norix

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

JosefKald said:

Norix said:

JosefKald said:

The "hidden TNT" usage of this intrigues me, so I propose a different method.

:D  :D  :soil:
:soil:  :tnt:  :soil:
:soil:  :soil:  :soil:

3X3 grid, as displayed above.

The idea is that it'd look just like a dirt block, but if you step on 'em, they explode.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Josef, you sleek, well-oiled muscleman!", (thank you)," why would TNT go off when you step on it? That's Silly with a capital s, as displayed here!"

Consider this. Currently, you set off TNT by giving it a good whack.

So, why wouldn't it go off if you step on it? Maybe TNT as it's used in Minecraft is an impact-sensitive substance.

So many people would set random ones everywhere and people would start getting pissed off because they keeps losing all their items to Fake TNT. But I like the idea XD

Well, they still take time to detonate, of course...so you could run away and minimize the damage (if you're quick enough, you tub of lard!). But I think the first time you step on an inccouous little brick of dirt and hear "*pchk* SSSSSSS", your first instinct would be to look around for a creeper. Little does the noob suspect the explosion comes from below! *evil laugh*

BRILLIANT

Alphasoldier

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Even though landmines are silly in such a game, this is a pretty awesome idea.
Posted Image

Norix
    Norix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3743 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

Alphasoldier said:

Even though landmines are silly in such a game, this is a pretty awesome idea.

Imagine making an entire room of landmines, then someone accidentally falling in.  :twisted:

JosefKald

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

Or, when you and your mates have made a base, you make an entrance that's big, easy to spot, and inviting. Place a few dirTNTs in front of it. Invader comes along. Boom. Meanwhile, the actual entrance to your base is a tunnel, located under a tree about a hundred meters away.

The downside is you'd have to repair the front of your base every time, but it's worth it.

Edit: And the booby-trapped entrance leads to a room with a chest in it. In the chest will be a note which says "You got PUNK'D, foo'!"

Alphasoldier

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

*Sssss*
"OH GOD CREEPER" *runs*
*SSSSSssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsSS!!*
Posted Image

JosefKald

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Alphasoldier said:

*Sssss*
"OH GOD CREEPER" *runs*
*SSSSSssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsssSSsSsSS!!*

...huh?

Alphasoldier

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

JosefKald said:

Posted Image

JosefKald

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Alphasoldier said:

JosefKald said:

Yeah, but what was with the very long string of sssses?

Norix
    Norix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3743 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

JosefKald said:

Alphasoldier said:

JosefKald said:

Yeah, but what was with the very long string of sssses?

They stepped on more?

Alphasoldier

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Because he was stepping on all the landmines in one room!

I got Ninja'd by Norix, but yeah, I should've probably added some bangs or booms.
Posted Image

JosefKald

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Ooooh.

Riiiiight.

:3

mrwormy
    mrwormy

End Dweller

• Members
  • 6711 posts
  • Minecraft: mrwormy

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

thecraww said:

Remember when someone suggested exploding grass and at least eight people did their best to suck his soul out? That was a bit of an overreaction, huh guys? We were sure immature back then. Glad that embarrassing moment is over.

Oh wait.

Am I late for the soul sucking?

Also...This idea sounds odd even for THIS game!
"Only a few find the way, Some don't recognize it when they do. Some don't ever want to..." ~Cheshire cat.

Swingerzetta
  • Minecraft: Swingerzetta

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Wow, this is still being discussed! So, pressure plates are mentioned for the future. I don't know exactly what this means, but it sounds like something that could take the place of 'exploding grass' pretty easily without being so Weird. you know?

Norix
    Norix

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3743 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

Swingerzetta said:

Wow, this is still being discussed! So, pressure plates are mentioned for the future. I don't know exactly what this means, but it sounds like something that could take the place of 'exploding grass' pretty easily without being so Weird. you know?

needs more tripwires

chesse20

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

exploding grass would be better then pressure plates because grass that explodes with tnt in it sounds more like something that would be in the time that minecraft is in
Posted Image

Alphasoldier

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

Yes and landmines were invented in the medieval times.

Pressure plates were there before TNT that's activated by standing on it.
Posted Image