Additional Information Video
By now, many great extensions of the Minecraft gameplay exist (such as Industrialcraft, Buildcraft....) but they have one common weakness. They usually require you to amass X resources before you can make use of the advanced stuff. The process of mining down and then stripmining for raw materials has become very repetitive and boring after a while, so i decided Minions to do it for you were needed!!!
Minions can [currently]:
- follow you around
- be sent to places
- chop down entire forests
- carry you, animals and other players
- dig mineshafts complete with stairwell
- dig custom spaces you defined, above and below ground
- mine ore veins you point out to them
- intelligently strip mine where you tell them to
- return their goods and loot to you
- or to a Block with inventory (> 23 slots) you pointed out
They don't come for free, you have to prove your worth by slaying living beings (to accumulate levels) and then take action for the dark gods. Only after a number of evil deeds they may grant you minions.
So, here's the short minion manual:
- Kill enough stuff to reach lvl 8
- Press M and do evil 4 times
- Receive Master Item
- Rightclick Master Item to spawn Minions
- Rightclick to issue orders, context-sensitive (a place, trees, an animal, an ore vein, your feet)
- Also press M for advanced orders
- Rightclick chest (FROM DISTANCE) to set it as destination
- Charge staff like a bow to have minions follow you
- Rightclick minions to have them drop whatever they have
- Leftclick Minions for working incentive .... mueheheheh
- Leftclick with Staff out for evil sparkly
Default settings: (configurable by the file in the /mods/ folder)
Minions main menu: "M"
Maximum Minions per player: 4
Cost of evil Deed: 2 levels
- 4 evil deeds are required to gain minions
Requirements to install:
Newer versions - just Forge
The folders in the downloaded file are labeled.
As you might notice, evil Deeds can be added dynamically using the config file. Share yours!
Downloads moved to:
My other mods: