4 replies to this topic

Teraku
    Teraku

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • Minecraft: Teraku

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

And this is a slightly modified version of 3 files, making the new grass like the old grass again. This will make the top and sides of the grass match, and it will make grass less ugly. Someone described the grass as this: "Radioactive baby-barf green grass surrounding your home isn't exactly pleasing."

Alright first things first, download the zip file containing the files here:

http://www.mediafire...9sqf5s03yuggp43

Extract it somewhere where you can find it. You don't even need Winrar/Winzip to do this, Windows XP and up can open it like a normal folder.

Navigate to this folder: (You must have "Show hidden files and folders" enabled to do this!)

Windows XP:
(First drive letter here):/Documents And Settings/(Minecraft player's username here)/.minecraft/bin

Windows Vista/7:
Go to your user folder. Should be easy enough. Start Menu-Username.

Then navigate to AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/bin

Now, open Minecraft.jar using almost any program which can read .zip and/or .rar files (I use WinRAR), go to the root of Minecraft.jar, and delete terrain.png. Now add the terrain.png which is in the .zip I gave you to the archive, in the root folder again.

Now, inside the minecraft.jar, navigate to the "misc" folder, and replace "grasscolor.png" and "foliagecolor.png" with mine, just like you did with the terrain.png.

Done!

NOTES:

-The leaves will be gray if you play on "Fast" graphics instead of "Fancy". I'm too lazy to colour every pixel by hand, sorry.

-No, you can't just make your own terrain.png and gradient files with paint, because paint can't do transparency and just makes that what was transparent, white. This gives ugly borders around flowers, torches, and inside leaves. Along with many other things. And makes your grass and leaves gray.

Hope this helps!
EXPLOSIONS

Register or log in to remove.

Evangeder
    Evangeder

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Minecraft: Evangeder

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

THANKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  :GoldBar:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:

Edit: Lol, i didnt noticed this is a way to redo grass D: DERP

Posted Image

Posted Image

[center]

Esthin said:

I think this forced a chunk update in my pants. There's definitely something there that wasn't there before  [Notch]

stellardawn

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

i love the new grass <3 old one sucks so much
Posted Image

Teraku
    Teraku

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • Minecraft: Teraku

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Evangeder said:

THANKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  :iapprove:  :)  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:

Edit: Lol, i didnt noticed this is a way to redo grass D: DERP

Erm, and what does that mean?
EXPLOSIONS

Evangeder
    Evangeder

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Minecraft: Evangeder

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

I mean i didn't noticed wipe of gradents D:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[center]

Esthin said:

I think this forced a chunk update in my pants. There's definitely something there that wasn't there before  [Notch]