Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Zombie Fall Distance 1 hit kill


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1

Calbar1995
  • Minecraft: Calbars1995

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

How far do Zombies have to fall to be 1 hand hit kill?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

John The One
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: McPhaser

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

22 or 23 blocks
Posted Image

#3

RNinive
    RNinive

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: RNinive

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think it's 23 blocks.

#4

panzerman121

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

A fall from 22 blocks high will leave the zombie with half a heart in damage points, unless he falls in water (that's deep enough).

#5

Baconboy2015
  • Minecraft: BaconBoy2015
  • PSN:MrBacon18

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

They are never a one hit kill, because they have armor.  Make them fall 22 blocks, and then you have to hit them twice.  Once to remove the armor, and a second to kill them.
Feel free to check out my channel!

#6

runnerman1

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostBaconboy2015, on 01 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

They are never a one hit kill, because they have armor.  Make them fall 22 blocks, and then you have to hit them twice.  Once to remove the armor, and a second to kill them.

What the F*** are you talking about....
We are the Minecrafters. Practical is not a word in our dictionary.

#7

panzerman121

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostBaconboy2015, on 01 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

They are never a one hit kill, because they have armor.  Make them fall 22 blocks, and then you have to hit them twice.  Once to remove the armor, and a second to kill them.
This is what the wiki entry states:

Quote

Zombies and Skeletons would occasionally wear armor in survival test. This armor, however, did not alter any of their stats, and was purely superficial
.

#8

Calbar1995
  • Minecraft: Calbars1995

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

thanks everyone

#9

horaholic

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postpanzerman121, on 01 February 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

This is what the wiki entry states:

Zombies and Skeletons would occasionally wear armor in survival test. This armor, however, did not alter any of their stats, and was purely superficial
.

The wiki is wrong. Make the zombies  drop 23 and hit them twice barehanded. It takes one hit to get through their armor, and one hit to kill their remaining half heart of health. This is PROVEN. End of discussion.

Correction: The wiki is not wrong, but it is referring to 'Survival Test,' which was two years ago, when sometimes zombies and skeletons would APPEAR to have armor on.

#10

panzerman121

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Posthoraholic, on 02 February 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

The wiki is wrong. Make the zombies  drop 23 and hit them twice barehanded. It takes one hit to get through their armor, and one hit to kill their remaining half heart of health. This is PROVEN. End of discussion.

Correction: The wiki is not wrong, but it is referring to 'Survival Test,' which was two years ago, when sometimes zombies and skeletons would APPEAR to have armor on.
If you are that certain mein freund, then edit the wiki post. Some of us do consult that first before posting already answered questions on the forums. If it is wrong, help us and change it.

#11

horaholic

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Its referring to an older version of survival, and thus it shouldn't be changed.

This wiki says this about zombies:

Quote

Zombie's armor has no durability (i.e. cannot be damaged). Two points () of armor gives 8% damage reduction from most sources. It means, you need to deal 22 ( × 11) physical damage to kill a Zombie.

Armor doesn't prevent fall damage, so If they land with half a heart of health, your first hit takes out the armor, and your second hit takes its remaining health and kills them.

#12

panzerman121

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

View Posthoraholic, on 02 February 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Its referring to an older version of survival, and thus it shouldn't be changed.
Since you seem to be master of zombies, answer this: How does the new zombie AI affect deadfalls? I have seen the videos where the mob navigates mazes, avoids lava/cacti, and peers through windows, but will it blindly leap from a high place? I have not built a death platform to test, but I have seen them atop my tallest buildings, but so far no lemming dives. (Damn dogs do it all the time though!!!)

#13

StarshadesJack
  • Location: Earth (I think?)
  • Minecraft: StarshadesJack

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postpanzerman121, on 02 February 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Since you seem to be master of zombies, answer this: How does the new zombie AI affect deadfalls? I have seen the videos where the mob navigates mazes, avoids lava/cacti, and peers through windows, but will it blindly leap from a high place? I have not built a death platform to test, but I have seen them atop my tallest buildings, but so far no lemming dives. (Damn dogs do it all the time though!!!)

I'm fairly certain mobs have always been wary of ledges and very infrequently perform a lemming dive. So, use the sign trick. Signs are considered valid blocks by mobs, so they'll attempt to walk on them. Thus, they fall to their (near) deaths. Unless, of course, the new AI specialist Mojang hired removed that. I doubt it, though, because I'm pretty sure Mojang isn't anti-grinder.

Edited by StarshadesJack, 02 February 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Founder of and lead game developer at Team Mokyuu, doodler-artist, professional eccentric weirdo!
I am also on the YouTubes! Click banner to go to my channel? :)
Posted Image

#14

panzerman121

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

I do not normaly build such devices, but after reading this thead I will build one for "testing".  had been looking for something to do! Thank you.

#15

Scoutsman
  • Location: Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Scoutsman

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

When i used the trick the still died by the fall damadge...
but i made it 20 and it worked!  :iapprove:
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~{Love You All}~~~~~~~~~~~<3

#16

nickryba333
  • Location: In my dreams, dreaming of me on an island
  • Minecraft: nickryba

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostBaconboy2015, on 01 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

They are never a one hit kill, because they have armor.  Make them fall 22 blocks, and then you have to hit them twice.  Once to remove the armor, and a second to kill them.
Are you playing survival test or some crap?

#17

horaholic

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Postnickryba333, on 02 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Are you playing survival test or some crap?

View Postrunnerman1, on 01 February 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

What the F*** are you talking about....

Why are you guys disputing this? There are MANY threads just like this, and MANY people on here who set up their xp farms like this. We're trying to explain to people why one hit kills dont work with zombies. You're acting like we dont know what the hell we're talking about, but me, and MANY, MANY, other people have built these contraptions, and you know... just MAYBE, we've figured it out. If you think we're all just lying through our teeth, try making one. you'll notice that a 24 block fall will kill them, but after a 23 block fall you'll have to hit them twice (unarmed) to kill them. Thats because they have an ARMOR POINT. Get it?

And Panzerman, to get mobs to fall or jump off of something, place a sign over the edge. They think its a block and will try to walk on it.

Here's a diagram: My link (no, its not my picture)

#18

Zaryan
    Zaryan

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1437 posts
  • Location: California
  • Minecraft: Zaryan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Even if zombies wore armor, armor doesn't negate environmental damage. That's why there is a protection enchantment...
I like to give +1's out to the grammatically inclined.Also if you want me to reply to you, quote me.

View Postblaster, on 04 December 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Grab a mug of bacon and sit down.

#19

Mantere
    Mantere

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1010 posts
  • Location: The Crown -Server

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostStarshadesJack, on 02 February 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm fairly certain mobs have always been wary of ledges and very infrequently perform a lemming dive. So, use the sign trick. Signs are considered valid blocks by mobs, so they'll attempt to walk on them. Thus, they fall to their (near) deaths. Unless, of course, the new AI specialist Mojang hired removed that. I doubt it, though, because I'm pretty sure Mojang isn't anti-grinder.

Actually considering how big hits the darkroom grinders and spawners have taken during the game development, I would say that Mojang has some serious issues against mob grinders. They barely work anymore, if you compare current ones to to the ones people built before beta 1.4 or something.

Posted Image


#20

Calbar1995
  • Minecraft: Calbars1995

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks everyone who has commented. my xp grinder is working perfectly.