Add all 118 elements to your game with MineChem!
Minechem allows you to handle elements and molecules with test tubes, there are various machines that can manipulate the test tube to other elements and you can turn elements back into items and blocks!
New!! Molecule Sorter.
The Molecule Sorter will automatically collect test tubes from adjacent machines. It will sort any incoming test tubes into five internal compartments based on chemical formulas you can set. Machines will automatically take test tubes from adjacent sorters, with this you can create your own factories. You can also pipe in items from the top.
You can do conditional matches such as the example below:
Will match any helium element with any amount of atoms. The '*' is a wildcard character for any number so you can also use:
Fe*O*That will match Fe2O3, Fe5O19 etc.
To accept anything use 'default'.
You can also use lesser than and greater than characters:
C>60Will accept any carbon tube with more than 60 atoms. Like wise:
C<40Will accept any carbon tube with less than 60 atoms. Note you can't use compound molecules with the lesser and greater character.
You can use the pipe character to accept multiple tubes:
H2|O2Will accept H2 or O2 but not H2O2
If you want to be really advanced you can start the formula with an exclamation mark and it will parse is as Regexp.
I'm not going to explain regexp here, the feature is there for people who understand it but if your curious this will help.
Thanks to LJ28795 for the spotlight.
Thanks to piedudeaus fo the spotlight.
Table of Elements
Right click to show the periodic table of elements.
Hangable Table of Elements
Right click on a 9 x 5 wall to hang.
Displays all minechem recipes.
Minechem Buildcraft Pipes Optional
Works very much like the Molecule Sorter, except it's a pipe.
- Build the Electrolysis Kit and place three bottles of water into the bottom three slots and two empty test tubes into the top two slots.The water will electrolyse into Hydrogen (H2) and Oxygen (O2).
- Now build a Bonder, place an empty test tube into the first slot and the two test tubes we filled before into the other slots. The bonder will bond the two elements together, we get Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). Notice how the test tube has turned green, this indicates a test tube that contains two or more elements, a.k.a. molecule.
- To make a Fission Reactor we need Uranium. We can get Uranium by placing three slime balls in an Electrolysis Kit, this will make Uranium and Carbon. Uranium is a radioactive element, try not to have it in your inventory for too long as it will cause radioactive poisoning and wil eventually decay into Protactinium. All radioactive elements will eventually decay into Lead. Use the recipe above to make the Fission Reactor.
- Place the carbon we made in step 3 into the Fission Reactor and two empty test tubes, the fission reactor will split the carbon in two, dividing its atomic number by two, giving you Lithium elements. Carbon is atomic number 6 and Lithium is atomic number 3.
- Don't just place water into the electrolysis kit, try other stuff such as tnt, sugar or even ores from industrial craft.
- Machines can be enabled to require industrial craft 2 power to run, this option can be enabled in the config file found inside ".minecraft/config/mod_minechem.cfg"
- Machines will automatically place output tubes into adjacent chests, they will also take empty test tubes from adjacent chests.
- When using buildcraft pipes, piping in from the top will place items into input slots and empty test tubes into output slots. Pipe from the sides to take items out.
- As the bonder only has 4 slots you may need to go through multiple stages of bonding to build complex molecules.
- When crafting items that require a container in the molecular crafting table, for example water, you need to place three containers into the right slot. For example to craft water place H2 and O2 into the left slots and three glass bottles into the right slot.
Not compatable with Forge 1.3.2, use 1.3.1 or 184.108.40.206
Download MINECHEM v1.5 for Minecraft 1.1
Unzip directly into your minecraft directory allowing folders to merge, requires ModLoader and Forge.
Installation tutorial: (video)
Download Minechem Buildcraft pipes 1.1.2 Requires Buildcraft.
Place the zip inside your mods folder.
(I've tested this with Buildcraft 3.1.3, I do not know if this will work with earlier versions)
If you have any errors or have discovered any bugs please report them with the log to:
If you're on a mac and have no log you can CMD-SPACE and type console, go to file, save a copy.