Tweecee
    Tweecee

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: TheDeath12

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hello, dear Minecrafter,
I want to tell you about the Mooshrooms. Well, sheeps are eating grass from the grass blocks to get their wool back. But the mooshrooms should do that, too, but with Mycelium. If the mooshroom get sheared, we will get mushrooms and the mooshroom will turn into a cow. If they could eat Mycelium grass, their "mushroom wool" will grow again and the cows will turn into a mooshroom again. And there must be another mooshroom, but with the grey mushroom on the back. My name for THIS kind of a mooshroom is "Cowpignon" (is coming from "cow" and "champignon").

Thank you for reading my topic and sorry for my bad english, if I made mistakes. I hope that was interesting and a good idea.

Best regards,

Tweecee :D

A creeper have killed Steve by blowing up, but Chuck Norris is blowing up by killing a creeper. He thinks: "That was a fart, not a explode!"
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Register or log in to remove.

Henry the digger
  • Minecraft: halohenke

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I like the idea :)

Nakurusa
  • Minecraft: Nakurusa

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Good idea
♥ Maria ♥ ♥ Shana ♥
Also, Subscibe to my Youtube channel: ChileanCrafter

Speeshul
    Speeshul

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Location: In a crate waiting to be delivered to your house. (Australia)
  • Minecraft: Speeshul

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Wouldn't be to hard to make as a mod. Take a look at how sheep work then copy that and do it with mooshrooms.

xelx_ninja
  • Minecraft: ripplechip

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

i like the idea, but you can get lots of mushrooms from making giant ones...and also, the mushroom grass (lol) would disapear :( unless it regrew as mushroom grass.  There could be another way, he could add long mushroom grass, instead of just long grass which has a chance of dropping seeds, could drop mushrooms :D
Skittles.

Tweecee
    Tweecee

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postxelx_ninja, on 30 January 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

i like the idea, but you can get lots of mushrooms from making giant ones...

It is true AND false. The animals don't spawn anymore. The animal population could go up if you are breeding them. If you not breeding them, then the population isn't go up. And don't tell me about bringing normal cows to the mushroom biomes xD

View PostSpeeshul, on 30 January 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Wouldn't be to hard to make as a mod.

I must make that by cows. And they must turn into mooshrooms. This isn't easy and I am NOT a modder. :/
A creeper have killed Steve by blowing up, but Chuck Norris is blowing up by killing a creeper. He thinks: "That was a fart, not a explode!"
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

HubbaBubbaz
  • Minecraft: HubbaBubbaz

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Good idea. And the mycelium grass will be gone when they eated it?

Gameguy602
  • Minecraft: Gameguy602

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

But this wouldn't discriminate between cows that already were mooshrooms turning back into mooshrooms, and just some cow that found itself next to some mycelium. I do think that cows born in the presense of enough mycelium should be mooshrooms though, as if the spores just needed the weaker immune system to take hold.

Also, could you elaborate on what a "Cowpignon" would do and why we need them?
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Tweecee
    Tweecee

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostHubbaBubbaz, on 30 January 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Good idea. And the mycelium grass will be gone when they eated it?

yep :D
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Tweecee
    Tweecee

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostGameguy602, on 30 January 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Also, could you elaborate on what a "Cowpignon" would do and why we need them?

The mooshrooms are the red cows with red mushrooms. The cow "Cowpignon" is like a mooshroom, but with the grey mushrooms. If the mooshrooms get sheared, you will get red mushrooms and a normal cow. If you could shear a "Cowpignon", then you would get grey mushrooms and a red cow. There must be red and grey cows in the mushroom biomes. :)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Sketchman1981
  • Minecraft: sketchman1981

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

If you have a mooshroom, just use a wood bowl to milk it for infinite mushroom soup. No need to grow mushrooms. Though growing big mushrooms is not a very efficient way to get mushrooms either. I miss the way they used to spread. I had a great mushroom farm then. No need to constantly use bonemeal to make them large, then take the time to break every single block....it's annoying.

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9103 posts
  • Minecraft: Deonyi

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

No support.

Sheep should have unique characteristics that we shouldn't just plaster over other mobs.

Posted Image

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10472 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostDeonyi, on 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

No support.

Sheep should have unique characteristics that we shouldn't just plaster over other mobs.
Yeah. If we start shearing shroom-animals, it should be a shroomified sheep.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spinosaurus4
  • Minecraft: Spinosaurus4
  • Xbox:sucks
  • PSN:termite-king9

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

This would be awesome, I could feed my cows Mycelium, Shear them and get mushrooms, I'd never need to kill passive mobs again!

Spaceboot1

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

I have long thought that cows should eat grass to replenish milk. This is basically a logical extension of them also eating mycelium and turning into mooshrooms.

And to the people saying cows eating grass would diminish sheep: wtf?
I think you are going to love my Survival Let's Play series on YouTube! It's called Spaceboot1's Garden. I make pretty things.

Want to play Minecraft SSP like Spaceboot1? Try my modpack, all mods made by me, Spaceboot1!

Jukakun
    Jukakun

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah that would be intersting, bad that most of us never see a Mushroom Biome anyways...
Support!
I am a League of Legends player! If you understand my puns, you're awesome!

Jeear
    Jeear

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Minecraft: Jeear
  • Xbox:I have no Xbox

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostDeonyi, on 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

No support.

Exactly my thoughts,
"Cowpignon" is a bad name for me.
Posted ImageLeafeon used Magical Leaf!
Spoiler:

kevin3212
    kevin3212

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2080 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

mooshrooms become normal cows when they are sheared
"It's all up to you, but remember you came here for advice, and our advice is build."-StrawHatUra
My planned rig: http://pcpartpicker....bbaj/saved/2CRT
Who's Jeff Dunham?

SkarmorySilver
  • Minecraft: Geosternbergia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Partly supported. It makes sense for the cows to graze on mycelium and regenerate their mushrooms, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to code in part of the sheep pogramming. But for consistency normal cows would have to graze too, and I don't see any purpose for that. No support for the Cowpignon, though - there's already a suggestion about brown-mushroom mobs with sheep-like AI: http://www.minecraft...607-portobaalo/
Proud to be a Minecraftian, troper, brony, creature designer, artist, writer, and more!

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • Minecraft: squirrelmail

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I would love to see that implemented in the game as mooshrooms are single use now :(
Posted Image