Latest News Article

minecraft just doesn't start :[

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

aasnijders
  • Minecraft: AA_Snijders

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Ok hey everybody,

I've got this very strange problem with minecraft. Every time I want to run minecraft my pc just loads and then the entire screen goes black. It kind of crashes and then it goes back to normal without loading minecraft :[

Please i really need help.

Thanks for your time.

Register or log in to remove.

-abandoned-account-

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Do you have mods installed?

xxBurrows
  • Minecraft: xxBurrows

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Did you buy minecraft, or is this a cracked version ?

daxtron2
    daxtron2

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 268 posts
  • Minecraft: Daxtron2
  • Xbox:Daxtron2

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

like  your ACTUAL computer? or just minecraft?
Posted Image

zez_range
  • Minecraft: Zez_Range
  • Xbox:FourEleminator

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hey aasnijders.
First of all i need to know, is it your minecraft window that "Black-screens" or is it your entire computer?

If it is your minecraft, i would recommend backing up your savefiles and and then delete your entire .minecraft folder. If you installed any mods this problem can be caused by various reasons, where the most common one is forgetting to delete "META-INF". After you deleted your .minecraft, run the client and redownload the game. Then put back your savefiles.

If it is your computer, then im sorry to say that i cant help you :)

Good luck
-Zez
Posted Image
Better than Sleeping!

XinwxHleak

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postzez_range, on 30 January 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Hey aasnijders.
First of all i need to know, is it your minecraft window that "Black-screens" or is it your entire computer?

If it is your minecraft, i would recommend backing up your savefiles and and then delete your entire .minecraft folder. If you installed any mods this problem can be caused by various reasons, where the most common one is forgetting to delete "META-INF". After you deleted your .minecraft, run the client and redownload the game. Then put back your savefiles.

If it is your computer, then im sorry to say that i cant help you :)

Good luck
-Zez

Don't delete your entire ".minecraft" folder, simply delete the bin folder.

Don't know how to get there? If you are using Windows press (and hold) the Windows key (located between the left CTRL and ALT) then press the letter R while still holding the Windows key.
Then you can let go of the Windows key and R. Now type in %appdata% and press OK. Don't forget the %s.
Now, you should see lots of folders, one of them will be called ".minecraft", open up this one. You will see more folders, one of them will be named "bin", this is the one you will delete to revert Minecraft back into its "clean" state.

If you want to be even more precise about this, instead of deleteing "bin", open it. You will see some files, one of them called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar" delete that. You aren't done yet, also find the file called "version" and delete it.

Either way you did it, now open Minecraft and login and it will download the files again. It shouldn't black screen any more.

Posted Image

aasnijders

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Well i buyed the full game so it is not the cracked version.
I have no mod's installed.
And it's my entire computer that black's out.

I already checked on google and youtube but I just can't find any solution's :[

tavanuka111
  • Minecraft: Player572

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Then you have bad card drivers or did charsh nothing else. That happend to me one times...  :rolleyes:

Your Tavanuka111
Me, my cat and you are on my profile now

aasnijders

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostXinwxHleak, on 30 January 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Don't know how to get there? If you are using Windows press (and hold) the Windows key (located between the left CTRL and ALT) then press the letter R while still holding the Windows key.
Then you can let go of the Windows key and R. Now type in %appdata% and press OK. Don't forget the %s.
Now, you should see lots of folders, one of them will be called ".minecraft", open up this one. You will see more folders, one of them will be named "bin", this is the one you will delete to revert Minecraft back into its "clean" state.

If you want to be even more precise about this, instead of deleteing "bin", open it. You will see some files, one of them called "minecraft" or "minecraft.jar" delete that. You aren't done yet, also find the file called "version" and delete it.

Either way you did it, now open Minecraft and login and it will download the files again. It shouldn't black screen any more.
well i don't have that flie called version /:

So do i only have to deleted minecraft then?

aasnijders

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostXinwxHleak, on 30 January 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

well i don't have that flie called version /:

So do i only have to deleted minecraft then?