19 replies to this topic

Nitro856
    Nitro856

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: darkflame7

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

This is actually a question, not a solution. Whenever your in a cave, and your mining or something, you usually hear a noise. I just started a new world, and I was mining, and just as I took some iron out of the furnace, I heard a noise that sounded like a bear roaring. I got freaked out and left the world. I was wondering are they just random noises when your near a dungeon or something? Or does it mean there's something like a Mob spawner near by. Discuss.
[URL=http://adventure-craft.com/]Posted Image[/URL]

Register or log in to remove.

Degen
    Degen

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah im wondering the same thing honestly. Sometimes it will be like a little tune or whatever but i never know what any of it ever means!
Youtube Channel: DegenTP
Daily videos!

Gasparic99
  • Minecraft: Gasparic104

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

its called ambiance... If your over an unlit space 3x3 or bigger(like a cave)it will play that.
one reason i turn off my computer's volume and just listen to my mp3 player.
Posted Image
If I help you please click the +... I like lime green....8P

DemonCrusher36

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Means theres a dark space within a certain number of blocks (16?) and the dark space i believe 3x3.

Posted Image

kaelvin
    kaelvin

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostNitro856, on 29 January 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

This is actually a question, not a solution. Whenever your in a cave, and your mining or something, you usually hear a noise. I just started a new world, and I was mining, and just as I took some iron out of the furnace, I heard a noise that sounded like a bear roaring. I got freaked out and left the world. I was wondering are they just random noises when your near a dungeon or something? Or does it mean there's something like a Mob spawner near by. Discuss.
just random nearby stuff queuing up some random noises to add to the immersion.
Villagers need to turn into zombies once killed by a zombie... March 24th 2012

Rhymane Flameheart

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ambience on the MCWiki, tells you everything you need to know.

You really shouldn't turn them off, they help when mining. If you hear one, it means there's an unexplored cave close by that may have some valuable resources in it - start digging!
I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...

Lobsplosion
  • Minecraft: Lobsplosion

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yep, it means theres a cave nearby. Just dig around and you'll find one XD I dunno why you guys get so scared, its just like, and echo from the cave :3

Yep, it means theres a cave nearby. Just dig around and you'll find one XD I dunno why you guys get so scared, its just like, and echo from the cave :3
----
Girl gamer c:

Carvb
    Carvb

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Minecraft: Explodeded

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

That sound means theres an unlit/dark cave near you or towards you
Posted Image

Pork_hock

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

It always freaks me out. But now i know that i don't want to dig down in that area.. I hate caves. :( I always get lost. :(
Girls can play minecraft too, you know? ;)

thejacobina1

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

It freaks me out too , when i started a new world , i was mining , and suddenly i heard a veeeeeery creepy noise , and yes , they are random OR you can be near a dungeon or something...maybe a mob.

aIpokissa
    aIpokissa

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Minecraft: alpokissa

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

That means there is a dark area near you, like a cave.

herofury

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

That high pitched screech used to make me jump sometimes when I first started playing this game. The world does feel eerie especially in single player.

Degen
    Degen

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

I noticed there are a few different ones though. Does each one have a different meaning? Such as Cave, Dungeon, Mineshaft, Stronghold? Or are they all pretty much the same but just different noises for variety?
Youtube Channel: DegenTP
Daily videos!

Screen500

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Unfortunately it scares the hell out of me, and then i leave the world.
"are you gonna bark all day little doggy or are you gonna bite"
- Mr.Blonde

Ocelot60
    Ocelot60

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4852 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Creepy ambient noises designed to scare players and add to the overall experience, and they do a great job if you ask me! We get lots of threads with alibis of people getting scared

Metatron
    Metatron

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2629 posts
  • Minecraft: KakarottoYo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostLobsplosion, on 29 January 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's not that fun when it sounds like a f*cking train in the middle of digging your f*cking mine!

"Have you noticed that the rain stopped once I had a roof above me? It will start again now that I'm back out. Gods and dogs alike delight to p*ss on me."

Kingdom561
  • Minecraft: Kingdom561

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

The Violin Shriek really scared me when I was running in the night, I have to play on tiny render distance and I kept hallucinating that I saw Herobrine in the fog.  Whenever I hear it and i'm running at night I grab my sword and spin around repeatedly slashing at everything I saw.
Posted Image

EmpireSnaps

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Guys for all your Minecraft needs check this out
SUBSCIBE AND AT 50 SUBS = GIVEAWAY!!!!
http://www.youtube.c...ps?blend=1&ob=0

Rhymane Flameheart

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostCmPunkCraft, on 29 January 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

yes , they are random OR you can be near a dungeon or something...maybe a mob.

No they are not random. They occur ONLY if you are near a dark area that has not yet been lit. Monsters do not trigger them, nor do dungeons, only open air blocks that are unlit.

View PostDegen, on 29 January 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I noticed there are a few different ones though. Does each one have a different meaning? Such as Cave, Dungeon, Mineshaft, Stronghold? Or are they all pretty much the same but just different noises for variety?

No they don't have different meanings, they all mean the same. The game just picks one of the noises at random to play when it is triggered by a nearby dark spot.
I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...

IChubbster

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Minecraft was better without the sounds as i get creeped out when my dads asleep and i hear a eery noise i leave the world and go on something else as just today i was making a mushroom house and i heard a noise and left it and it scares the hell out of me i thought minecraft was a happy non scary game wrong its bloody scary now