• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Kitty Commands!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ancient_Blue

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wolves have the ability to sit so that they won't follow you if you go too far away, or tp to you, so why can't kitties do the same? Sure, it's cute and all the way they follow you around, but what if you nned to go mining, or if you're fighting off creepers? Surely you don't want you feline friend to wander after you! What if they fall in lava or get blown up by a creeper? Poor kitty :'(

So, I think that cats and kittens should have the ability to sit if right-clicked (just like wolves/dogs). Please add this Notch/Jeb! :iapprove:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Zelpa
    Zelpa

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • Minecraft: Zelpa

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

They will probably add this in the next snapshot / update. Remember, these are only snapshots and do not have all of the features that the full update will have.

Posted Image

Probably the best texture pack I have ever used.

HazyHills
  • Minecraft: HazyHills
  • Xbox:HazyHills

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

I highly doubt the AI is finished for them...I would expect to see that kind of thing in the full release of 1.2.

imapirate

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm sure it'll be added in the next snapshot.
Posted Image

Ancient_Blue

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostZelpa, on 29 January 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

They will probably add this in the next snapshot / update. Remember, these are only snapshots and do not have all of the features that the full update will have.

Oh right, cool!

Posted Image

zorthax
    zorthax

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Minecraft: zorthax

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Cats can't be trained to sit on command in real life, so I think it's fine that they can't be told to sit, but maybe they only follow you if you're holding chicken otherwise they stay in a certain area

VileAssassin

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Please don't bump topics that have already been tended to. It's obvious that this is a bug and will be fixed when 1.2 comes out. So let this thread die so that other topics may take its place.

Ricky_the_pig
  • Minecraft: Oinkies

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

Not fully released yet. Wait soon and they will be able to sit down. Idk.
Posted Image

aIpokissa
    aIpokissa

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Minecraft: alpokissa

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Have you ever tried telling a cat to sit?

I don't think there should be an option to have to cat sit, but perhaps to walk around at the same spot or sleep?

Pickledineen0

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Cats in real life are very hard, if impossible to train to sit and do tricks. Dogs on the other hand are relatively easy to train, especially sitting. Note: I have both.

Think about telling a wild tiger-like cat to sit. Wonder what that would be like :D.

VileAssassin

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

^ That isn't the point. There MUST be a simple way to make them not follow you. It should be similar to dogs, as the game needs to be balanced. Cats don't really have a point, so making them harder to manage is bad idea.

Pickledineen0

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostVileAssassin, on 29 January 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

^ That isn't the point. There MUST be a simple way to make them not follow you. It should be similar to dogs, as the game needs to be balanced. Cats don't really have a point, so making them harder to manage is bad idea.
I'll go with the telling them to sleep idea then. Someone mentioned this in an above post.

ThesaurusRex84
  • Minecraft: ThesaurusRex84

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hey cat! Sit!

Sit!

Or...lick yourself.

Whatever you wanna do is fine.

How about instead of sitting, you can have them stop following you and let them roam about? They won't go too far away from the place you told them to roam about at, and they always come right back to that spot. Usually dragging something in in the process.
Check out Boats Evolved; the fancy huge customizable boats Notch tweeted about brought to life!
Posted Image

insomniac_lemon
  • Minecraft: insomniac_lemon

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

Instead of sitting they should just wander around your base. Sleep, Fish (if there is water), or just walk ect.

Posted Image