• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Flaky99
    Flaky99

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi! I want to ask you how to solve the FAILED TO BIND TO PORT problem. I have a server that worked perfectly and me and my friend played in it. But for some reason my internet drivers broke and I needed to change them. When I changed them the server broke and now it says the message:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
[WARNING] **** NOT ENOUGH RAM!
[WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on X.XXX.XXX.XX:25565
[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

Please help! I`ve serched the interwebs for 4 days but nothing!. Thanks for reading this.  :unsure:

Register or log in to remove.

Tyler Salwierz

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

It means you have another Minecraft server still bound to that port -- or another application. Try restarting your computer, and if that fails look for a running java process in your task manager and then kill it.
ElpisHost.com - Providing rock solid hosting since December of 2011!

Flaky99
    Flaky99

Carpenter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

I tried restarting... No effect... And what to remove from the task manager? I start the server on a newly logged on computer! And I use windows 7.  :unsure:

Tyler Salwierz

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostFlaky99, on 30 January 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

I tried restarting... No effect... And what to remove from the task manager? I start the server on a newly logged on computer! And I use windows 7.  :unsure:

Have you considered asking for help in the Server Administration section of the forum?
ElpisHost.com - Providing rock solid hosting since December of 2011!

teqx
    teqx

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1602 posts
  • Minecraft: teqx

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Can you change your port number in server.properties to 25555 instead of 25565 and try again? Remember to also change the value for your portforward if you have one :P

Leave the server-ip  in the properties blank.

When you have done all that, start the server and when it is done loading try a port test: http://www.canyouseeme.org/
Just type your new port (25555) and test it, if it reports a Success that means others can now connect again to your external ip.

Remember to tell them the new port! They should add :25555 at the end of the IP.

StarringShaun
  • Minecraft: StarringShaun

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostTyler Salwierz, on 29 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

It means you have another Minecraft server still bound to that port -- or another application. Try restarting your computer, and if that fails look for a running java process in your task manager and then kill it.

YOU SAVE MY FREAKIN' LIFE.... THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH... I LOVE YOU FOR THAT... NO HOMO

Bdog8282
    Bdog8282

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostTyler Salwierz, on 29 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

What do you mean killing it on task manager

opalskimountain

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

open task manager by click crtl+alt+del and then go to the processes tab and look for a process called java.exe or javaw.exe and hit end process. This is for PC.

rabbits_kill

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

ahh i got same prob going to try this:D if it works il say:D

ok that failed D:
i never had this until i tried to switch from hamechi to normile

any help plz!?

Posted Image

PlowmanPlow

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Just a note on "killing" the minecraft process...

If you forcefully terminate the server without allowing it to "clean up" and write what is in memory to disk you can run a serious risk of corrupting your map.

Dudeian
    Dudeian

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Minecraft: dudeian

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

What I did which worked was used my wireless IPv4 address(not sure if it has to be wireless)

Skylord_morganman
  • Minecraft: Morgan7OO8

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostStarringShaun, on 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

YOU SAVE MY FREAKIN' LIFE.... THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH... I LOVE YOU FOR THAT... NO HOMO
So did you server start working again?

darkgod153

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then open TaskManager and check for any Javaw processes and close them, cause you might have just ran craft bukkit jar by itself

Marshgray
  • Minecraft: Marshgray
  • Xbox:Marshgray

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

I tried the taskmanager, and it didnt work. BUT for whoever still has a problem, click the button on the bottom saying all user processes or something and end all java processes. Also if you have another GUI or something check if it is running in TM because that might be interfering
A turtle with no legs tends to not move much.

Liysadf1998

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I still cant get i to work. What am I doing wrong. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

xvenom1291x
  • Minecraft: xvenom1291x

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

If you are receiving this message:

16:28:32 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version <version>
16:28:32 [INFO] Loading properties
16:28:32 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
16:28:32 [INFO] Generating keypair
16:28:33 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on (Don't want to show IP)
16:28:33 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
16:28:33 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requ
ested address: JVM_Bind
16:28:33 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

It usually means that the server is still running on that port. This usually happens when you exit out of console improperly. The easiest way to fix this is by:

For Windows:

- Go into task manager.
- Look for the Java program that is running.
- Click on Java program and 'End Task'

For Linux:

- Just do 'pkill -9 java'

For Mac:

- I have no idea.....who uses an Apple computer for running Minecraft servers o_O

This should allow you to than run the server without the error. Also, you can just reset your computer, which will free up the port and stop whatever is running on it.

MarkSill
  • Minecraft: MarkSill
  • Xbox:Telanom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

It's possible your internet drivers are using that port now. Try a different port.
Are you a potato?

xvenom1291x
  • Minecraft: xvenom1291x

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostMarkSill, on 17 February 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

It's possible your internet drivers are using that port now. Try a different port.

Drivers don't use ports, in case you didn't know. Computer drivers can still function without internet, so saying they use a port does not make sense.

EXophyt3_Kube

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

SAME YESTERDAY MY FRIEND JOIND but today they cant join ='(

XxHDxX
    XxHDxX

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I had this exact issue and here's how I solved it. Assuming you have wired internet or not this is how I fixed it. Not sure how but it most definitely worked.I simply added my Local IP address into the server IP address line and it worked. Instead I was being told to add my external IP address.So try this:
1. go to search prgrams.
2. type in CMD and hit enter. A command console should appear.
3. Type Ipconfig without any spaces.
4. Find you IPv4 address and NOTE IT DOWN. If you live in the UK it should look like this with either double or single number at the end. - 192.168.X.XX
5. Go to your server properties file and add this to the Server-IP line. Your server may now work.
6. Now when you add your server in-game, make sure you add it using your EXTERNAL IP address and not the one you found using the command prompt. You can find this by typing into google 'What is my IP'.

Again, this fixed this issue for me so it's a matter of chance it will work for you.

Edited by XxHDxX, 27 February 2014 - 07:00 PM.