calum100
    calum100

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: calum100

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Volcanoes in Minecraft:

Who here is bored of climbing a huge mountain and finding nothing of interest, well I am. Its about time Minecraft introduced volcanoes.

Volcano Itself:

The Volcano's outer shell would be made of a soot ( a dirt like substance ). The inner parts would be made of  :D  :stone: and of course  :Lava: . Under the volcano would be a large cave system consisting of  :tnt:  :stone:  :Lava:  and your favorite  :DORE: .

Reason's for Volcanoes:

For one the rewards would be great including:  :DORE:  :tnt:  :Lava:   :ironore:  :tnt:  :tnt:  and  :D  :VV: . It would be a new experience for veteran minecrafters such as my self. Lastly it would add a new visual effect to the regular world ( Maybe make a volcano Biome  :Notch:  ).

Dangers of a Volano:

Lava would be the main danger but I would love to see some new mobs. Maybe a lava lizard that shoots fire out of its mouth and a lava golem the throws fiery rocks at you. And of course you all know em and love em Creepers. But not normal creepers, red creepers that light you on fire with their explosion.

Thats all guys support me so this gets put in!

Volcanoes in Minecraft by Calum100
Minecraft isn't just a hobby.

Register or log in to remove.

Meeswa
    Meeswa

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

ohhh! Volcanoes im planing to build a little fake one but this sounds much cooler  :o

Posted Image]

Have a problem? ether dig a hole or blow it up!

theneonfire

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

Please don't talk in pictures
"my self" is one word
"Reason's" shouldn't have an apostrophe in it

I support the general idea of volcanoes as something pretty to look at, and maybe even the idea of eruption (which would change the physics behind lava), but not a lava creeper. Just no.

reaper822

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

Year great idea and i guess also an eruption so quick build a rock wall around your wooden home

and the suit is good to maybe also like a big cloud of smoke above it to!!!!!! :D

TheAnHeroMan

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

theneonfire said:

"my self" is one word

I support the general idea of volcanoes as something pretty to look at, and maybe even the idea of eruption (which would change the physics behind lava), but not a lava creeper. Just no.

1. Grammar nazi much?
2. Why not a lava creeper? Same thing as a creeper, but it sets you on fire. I don't see how it could be oh so horrible, anyone who builds a house of wood near a volcano should suffer for their mistake if a creeper asplodes all over it >_>

Anyhow, good idea, I like it, as long as there isn't 9000 blocks of diamond in the volcano. 8999 is good though.  :Pig:
derp

Antinoch
    Antinoch

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Minecraft: Antinoch

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, volcanoes are about the few landforms that I can think of that aren't in minecraft (The other is tall mountains with snowy peaks, which only exists in snowy biomes). I don't like the idea of new mobs though. Also the physics behind volcanoes would be too complicated; with volcanoes you need to program eruptions, dormant/extinct/active-ness, etc. Also how would you get to the minerals underneath? It's a blob of lava. You can't use buckets to clear the lava, since there's too much of it; you can use water but that only turns the outer shell of the lava blob into obsidian or cobblestone; Cutting into it from the side won't work since it'll just flow all over the place; TNT is too valuable; So what can you do? If you can't get into it, it's nothing but eye candy and a hazard.
Posted Image
Great server, great people. Join now!

reaper822

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

What you are saying about the program could be simplafied for intace you use a randomiz timer so
erupt EG: 78. Dormant is 1 to 100 disincluding 78 and extinct is when you completly cover the top lava with water.
Every day it randomizes the timer until it gets 78 and boom have an effect smog and the lava rises sanding maybe fire balls and or lava bombs this would be how and after all this it leves a layer of suit.

(ohh and also 78 insted of that when the world generates it could be randozide with all volcanos.)

calum100
    calum100

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

1. Grammar nazi much?
2. Why not a lava creeper? Same thing as a creeper, but it sets you on fire. I don't see how it could be oh so horrible, anyone who builds a house of wood near a volcano should suffer for their mistake if a creeper asplodes all over it >_>

Anyhow, good idea, I like it, as long as there isn't 9000 blocks of diamond in the volcano. 8999 is good though.  :iapprove:[/quote]

Why yes! He is a grammar nazi!

calum100
    calum100

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

theneonfire said:

"my self" is one word

[>>-i>]  []  :Ham:  :Blue:  :Blue:  :Violet:  :Indigo:  :Grey:  :Green:  {SMILIES_PATH}/feather.png]" title="-<->" />  :DBlock:  :Diamond:  :RFlower:  :YFlower:  :Lava:  :Iron:  :SSSS:  :Notch:  :Water:  :|:  :Bench:  :iapprove:  :Iron:  :Ham:  :Ham:  :GP:  :GoldBar:  :Flint:  :RFlower:  :Pig:  :Water:  :soil:  :sand:  :Ham:  :Ham:  :Ham:  :log:  :coalore:  :sponge:  :stair:  :stone:  :tnt:  :wood:  :goldore:  :goldore:  :Iron:  :////:  :,,,,:  :_:  :....:  :,,,,:  :Ham:

bboifresh

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Sounds quite interesting, will indeed add more tension within the game itself. But honestly, I don't think it will happen as it may take a lot of effort to code, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. I think the lava that we encounter underground is enough.
Minecraft is nothing more than a hobby to me.

CraeSC111

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:22 AM

I would quite like to see volcanoes. Currently I'm having trouble actually finding a lava flow, or diamonds. It would be nice to have an area that kind of marks where they are, and the lava filling the inside would make it challenging so that you can't just look for volcanoes, tunnel in, and get what you want. It would also add to the problem solving aspect of the game.

Amadran
    Amadran

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:40 AM

Pretty cool idea. I'd sure like to see that, and I think it'd fit nicely into sort of a natural disaster topic...? I'm not sure lol.
Anyway, what I'm basically picturing is a mountain covered in obsidian, with little streams of lava occasionally flowing down the volcano, and every... few hundred days or so the volcano would erupt, and everything within say... 200-400 blocks gets bombarded by lava/ash.

CraeSC111

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

I think that it shouldn't be covered in precious materials, because those would be too easy to get to. build a small square shelter and you can get into it. The materials should be where breaking the wrong block would result in your being caught in a flow of lava. After all I'm sure that volcanoes would seem more like a large deadly challenge, instead of just a shining beacon (Lava glows. haha) that points you towards the good stuff.

matty406
    matty406

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

I'm thinking a mountain with a deep pool of lava in the top, and as mentioned ealier, a variable that randomises the lava level every in-game day. Eruptions would probably be too much, but having it spill it's contents once in a while might be cool.
Also, Mordor biome: very mountainous, ravaged and lots of volcanos!