Latest News Article

[1.2.5][SSP] MINECANICAL : GRAVITY SCIENCE v0.4 (+6000DL]

#1.2.5# block ssp

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Bardouli

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

UPDATE
Finally after a long time, the v0.4 is out. With an update to 1.2.5, and the new Black Hole block!

And finally my new mod!

Posted Image
GravityScience Logo is AppleRed Item.

Posted ImageORIGIN
Playing with gravity is an old request who came often int he forum. There is actually already two other mods who allow to play with it, but who are still in WIP section : GravityCraft, and MineUpsideDown. Each one (even if they are merged now) bring some funny use of gravity in minecraft.

My mod came from two ideas : first create a simple mod who allow to play with gravity in Minecraft. I have made this request a long time ago.
Second create a huge mod project called Minecanical who will be a Buildcraft-like with some (i hope Posted Image )original ideas.
Actually there is many very incredible mod like that : RedPower, BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft and even PowerCraft, but i want to try. Posted Image
In order to avoid a too long coding i have decide to split my project into several science mod, who brings each one part of my ideas. The final purpose is to bring them together in a "technical-tree" mod like Better Than Wolves!

And this is the first one, maybe the simplest, because i think about it for a long time. I'm a redstoner so don't be surprised of the huge part that redstone take in this project.

So this is the first step of what i hope to be a huge project, who will bring more fun to you, minecrafters!

Posted Image
DOWNLOAD

In case of block id conflict a config file :

v0.4
- Update to 1.2.5
- Add Limited Black Hole
- Add Infinite Black Hole

v0.2
- Change how the block remove "classic" gravity
- Increase range of all block at 12 blocks
- Add Directionnal Attractor block
- Add Directionnal Repulsor block
- Add Directionnal Gravitor block

v0.1
- Add Attractor block
- Add Repulsor block
- Add Gravitor block
- Add Gravity Boots

This mod required ModLoader.

Posted ImageVIDEO

Presentation of the mod

A quick presentation of the Black Hole block.

More video :
Spoiler:

Posted ImageCOMPATIBILITY
The mod use ModLoader, and use seven ID 200 to 207, but they can be changed in the config file.

Posted ImageKNOWN ISSUES
Feel free to report any problem. Posted Image
Actually this mod still need settings for gravity power and entity movement, but i need feedback users to see chat need to bechanged.

Posted ImageHOW IT WORKS
Spoiler:

Posted ImageWHAT NEXT
- Add the Directionnal version of each block
- Improve Gravity effect, and avoid crazy reaction
- add the Black Hole Block
- add the Gravity Protection Block
- Create a version of the mod who allow the rotation of the entity and the "little planet" effect (will modifiy core-classe)
- Expand the capacity of the Gravity Boots : wall walking, fly, high jump, etc...
- Create 3 kind of boots, each one for a kind of block, and a different effect!

Posted ImagePosted Image
If you really enjoy this mod, and want to donate, click the button. Any donation, no matter the amount, is greatly appreciated. I also greatly appreciate your support in the form of watching the 5 second Adf.ly ads.

Posted ImageCOPYRIGHT
This mod (plugin, a patch to Minecraft source, henceforth "Mod" or "The Mod"), by the terms of http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp is sole property of the Mod author (, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner"). By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net. It may only be mirrored or reposted with advance written permission of the Owner. Electronic Mail is fine if you wait for a response. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Mod are strictly forbidden without advance written permission
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Builder4Free
  • Minecraft: pazzword

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

This is amazing! Will this work with any mob? Or just vanilla ones?
And btw I love how the villager just float up slowy, its awesome. Nice work +1!

Edit: First!
MOD EDIT: Builder4Free is awesome!

Nielsg99isonline
  • Minecraft: Nielsg99

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have not downloaded it yet but it looks great. I can see some pontenioal for great traps.
if this is just you'r warm up i can't wait to see what you'r capabil of :-)

Posted Image

A Man who wonders Alone is but a shell of his true potentional -Me

The_Bombs_Cast

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

DUDE! Im speechless! finally someone gets a gravity mod out of the wip section!  All hail!

oh and by the way, im a part of a new mod reviewing group, this mod looks like it quick to do, so can i make a mod review?
I is in ur house. Messing with ur chests

Builder4Free
  • Minecraft: pazzword

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

Still amazed by your mod, cant wait for the another new release(Bumpity bump)
MOD EDIT: Builder4Free is awesome!

TooAngryZin
  • Minecraft: TooAngryZin

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

This. thing. looks. Amazing.
I need to try this out. Thanks!  :lol:

This has a lot of possibilities... :)
Just a man and his awesomeness.

TooAngryZin
  • Minecraft: TooAngryZin

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Oh yeah, can you see if you can make new blocks that don't pull/repel/make you float through other blocks?

Still, excellent mod. :Diamond:
Just a man and his awesomeness.

TheLaserFish

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:31 AM

Sir you have I believe you have just won the "MOAST AWSHUM MOD EVAR" Well it won't be really epic until you add the walk on walls...  You just won a  :Diamond:

Also wanna give an installation guide some where?

Dan_Gray
  • Minecraft: DGX9

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

AMAZING!
Posted Image

Bardouli

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostBuilder4Free, on 29 January 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

This is amazing! Will this work with any mob? Or just vanilla ones?
And btw I love how the villager just float up slowy, its awesome. Nice work +1!

Edit: First!

Actually if the mod add an entity to the game, it will be affected. It could cause some trouble, beacause for example i have removed the entityweather from the "affected" entity list to avoid some weird visual artefact.

View PostNielsg99isonline, on 29 January 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

I have not downloaded it yet but it looks great. I can see some pontenioal for great traps.
if this is just you'r warm up i can't wait to see what you'r capabil of :-)

Thanks i have a lot of others ideas, i'm alone, but the more people loves my mod, the more it gives me energy to continue. I don't say that my ideas are better, but i think that they are different, but like RedPower and BuildCraft are different : same purpose, but tools are different!

You can use it for traps, but as i said, i have build this as a redstoner, i want this block to be as multipurpose as possible, to allow all the crazy ideas/system i like to see (and make myself) in Minecraft.

View PostThe_Bombs_Cast, on 29 January 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

DUDE! Im speechless! finally someone gets a gravity mod out of the wip section!  All hail!

oh and by the way, im a part of a new mod reviewing group, this mod looks like it quick to do, so can i make a mod review?

My mod is get out because i have decide to make it simple (but not simplistic). But when GravityCraft will come out, it will also blown mind.

Make a video guys, the more people will heard about my mod, the more i will get back feedback to improve it.

View PostBuilder4Free, on 29 January 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Still amazed by your mod, cant wait for the another new release(Bumpity bump)

I know that usually we have to wait for a release to be as complete as possible. But i really need users feedback for the gravity power and range. Because at least, the purpose is that people use my mod, and have fun with it.

View PostTooAngryZin, on 29 January 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

This. thing. looks. Amazing.
I need to try this out. Thanks!  :lol:

This has a lot of possibilities... :)

I have a little list in my mind :
- trap
- travelling system
- monorail
- game
- mob farming
- map
- parkour
- ... an my favorite one, all the ideas i can't even imagine! Because they will came from you guys!

View PostTooAngryZin, on 29 January 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Oh yeah, can you see if you can make new blocks that don't pull/repel/make you float through other blocks?

Still, excellent mod. :Diamond:

I don't understand, your request. Did you found a bug, or did you talk about the fact that entity seems to go through the block, because it's caused by the math behind gravity.

View PostTheLaserFish, on 29 January 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Sir you have I believe you have just won the "MOAST AWSHUM MOD EVAR" Well it won't be really epic until you add the walk on walls...  You just won a  :Diamond:

Also wanna give an installation guide some where?

The installation is simple like any modloader mods, put the zip into the mods folder inside the /bin, or the content directly inside the minecraft.jar. But i will add a installation guide. I feel stupid :)

For walking on the walls there is also Gravity Craft, who will be better for that i think. But i will add my little idea, because when you think gravity you think wall walking. ;)

View PostDan_Gray, on 29 January 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

AMAZING!

Thanks, and don't forget to post here any of your creation who will use this blocks. I want to see that. :D
Posted Image

Reikcraft
  • Minecraft: Raisu4

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

AMAZING MOD!!!!!!!
DIAMONDS FOR YOU
:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Explodo_nut

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

floating minecart woo creepy
Posted Image
Must Eat Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheJohnDoe

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Looks awesome, but I cannot try it because changing the config file isn't working. :(
Hello, I'm only studying english so forgive my grammar errors.

Bardouli

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostTheJohnDoe, on 29 January 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Looks awesome, but I cannot try it because changing the config file isn't working. :(

That's the problem with the method i use, you need to run the mod once in order to have the config file. I made a Stupid mistake. I will add a config file inside the mod .zip . Thanks for the feedback.

But for now here's the link of the config file, you have to add it inside the config folder. Open it with a text editor in order to change the ID (sorry if you already know how to use it, it's just in case).

mod_GravityScience.cfg

View PostExplodo_nut, on 29 January 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

floating minecart woo creepy
Posted Image

More!

Take a ride and make a video, it will be more creepy! ;)
Posted Image

XxBloodR41nxX
  • Minecraft: XxBloodR41nxX

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

this is a really good mod.Love it :D

Bardouli

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostXxBloodR41nxX, on 29 January 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

this is a really good mod.Love it :D

Thanks. Don't hesitate to post your creations here.
Posted Image

SulePanjul

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

make an anti gravity block.. so gravity effect will not trough the anti gravity block
Posted Image
If you can read this, you're awesome :)

Bardouli

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostSulePanjul, on 29 January 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

make an anti gravity block.. so gravity effect will not trough the anti gravity block

It was one of my first idea, but it makes the code more complex.
But i could maybé find a way. When you say gravity effect what do you mean exactly. Entites floating like the Gravitor, or entities unaffected by the gravity block, or maybe something else!

Instead of that i will add (in the next update) directionnal gravity block, who will create the effect only in line of block in front of them (like a piston but for entities).

It will allow a better control of gravity for more complex system.
Posted Image

SulePanjul

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostBardouli, on 29 January 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

It was one of my first idea, but it makes the code more complex.
But i could maybé find a way. When you say gravity effect what do you mean exactly. Entites floating like the Gravitor, or entities unaffected by the gravity block, or maybe something else!

Instead of that i will add (in the next update) directionnal gravity block, who will create the effect only in line of block in front of them (like a piston but for entities).

It will allow a better control of gravity for more complex system.
oops.. it's gravity effect from the mod :)
Posted Image
If you can read this, you're awesome :)

TheJohnDoe

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Config file is succesfully generating. But assigning id's is broken, for example I changed block ID of Powered Gravitor from 205 to another, but on loading game is crashing and crashlog complains about block id conflict.(sorry for possible stupid grammar errors)
Hello, I'm only studying english so forgive my grammar errors.