34 replies to this topic

roflnoob
    roflnoob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Originally i made this for a request...
I am quite new into modding, but i try...

.-=THIS MOD IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR BETA 1.2_02, I AM UPDATING AS SOON AS I AM FINISH WITH ISRAPHEl-MOD=-
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

RageKing

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

so does this door have any special effects or  does it act like an iron door?
Posted Image

roflnoob
    roflnoob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

RageKing said:

so does this door have any special effects or  does it act like an iron door?
Acts like an Iron-Door, just some more resistence... And looks more fancy in buildings of Obsidian =D
Posted Image

livedandletdie

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

lovely now if there was even more doors like a smoothstone full door and such. If only someone could make it someone on this forum. I will test this soon. Shall just remove a lot of the other mods I've tested so far. You never know with those damn item ids.

Exclamation said:

Why am I not allowed to ask stuff?

Oh that's quite a paradox!

DarkOmegaMK2

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

What's that? someone made an obsidian related object? MINE!!!

enough said...

I wish the graphic could change to fit other popular texture packs (like Eld) but thats ok...
"There's no embarrassment in the search of truth!"
Posted Image

Fortrek
    Fortrek

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

Nice, testing. ^^

roflnoob
    roflnoob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

DarkOmegaMK2 said:

What's that? someone made an obsidian related object? MINE!!!

enough said...

I wish the graphic could change to fit other popular texture packs (like Eld) but thats ok...
This is an early version... I am workin =D
Posted Image

Ocalorie
    Ocalorie

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

I believe kingbdogz is making an Obsidian Door as well. It will be nice to see which comes out better.  :Diamond:
Posted Image

Turnip
    Turnip

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

You should make it unique in some way.

Maybe, its only openable by fire?
Like, use flint and steel to light it, it'll turn into 2 portal pieces, stays open for 5 seconds, then turns back to obsidian. Wont take you to the nether, just is a walk through thing. :Notch:
Posted Image

livedandletdie

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Yeah that's a good Idea turnip. Well I've always wanted more doors so after this I say that you shall make more doors because you're good at it.

Exclamation said:

Why am I not allowed to ask stuff?

Oh that's quite a paradox!

tleinbach1

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

NICE!

livedandletdie said:

lovely now if there was even more doors like a smoothstone full door and such. If only someone could make it someone on this forum. I will test this soon. Shall just remove a lot of the other mods I've tested so far. You never know with those damn item ids.

You might want to try suggesting this to ... spacing out ... can't remember name ... FancyPack Guy!
Posted Image

DarkOmegaMK2 said:

I wanna learn java. any help?

You can get a lot of help if you go to school and study programming from scratch...

burnov
    burnov

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Honestly, this door needs to be SOLID, so that skeletons can't shoot arrows through it.
ZARDOZ... speaks to you!

Ryushi
    Ryushi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 972 posts
  • Minecraft: Ryushi

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Turnip said:

You should make it unique in some way.

Maybe, its only openable by fire?
Like, use flint and steel to light it, it'll turn into 2 portal pieces, stays open for 5 seconds, then turns back to obsidian. Wont take you to the nether, just is a walk through thing. :)

Do want!
Click on the banner to visit the TF2 steam group
Posted Image

Pixelated
    Pixelated

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Minecraft: Pixelated

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

Ocalorie said:

I believe kingbdogz is making an Obsidian Door as well. It will be nice to see which comes out better.  :(

Id say this one would be better.

Why?

Because it's already out, I dont have to install all the other useless crap King has, and it will probably require "hurr Soft and hard Obsidian Ingots durr."
Posted Image
Muh Permisshuns

Turnip
    Turnip

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:25 AM

Pixelated said:

Ocalorie said:

I believe kingbdogz is making an Obsidian Door as well. It will be nice to see which comes out better.  :Black:

Why?

Because it's already out, I dont have to install all the other useless crap King has, and it will probably require "hurr Soft and hard Obsidian Ingots durr."

Exactly my thoughts.
I have no idea why he had to make the ingots, and whats worth, theres 2 of them. What the  :Black:.
Posted Image

roflnoob
    roflnoob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi everyone

it seem's that the mod-loader keeps spitting out error's. ill fix it today. I decided to make some more new doors: A bookshelf door, hidden in a bookshelf. Like
:sand: = Door, but looks like bookshelf
:iapprove:  :iapprove:  :--+:  :stone:  :stone:
:sand:  :sand:  :--+:  :sand:  :sand:

I also set a new version to the obsidian door. I might call a Texturer to help ma...

(The bookshelf door will have a uniqe book in it, where  it says "Door" on the cover =D)

Thanks for all the support and good replies. I promise that: Ill make moire door's!
Posted Image

DarkOmegaMK2

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Pixelated said:

Ocalorie said:

I believe kingbdogz is making an Obsidian Door as well. It will be nice to see which comes out better.  :D

Why?

i Agree with this segment... note to modders... *cough*Kingbdogz*cough*... throwing random stuff into your mod like a mad man doesn't make it better!!! Learn from DrZhark (Mo' Creatures author) he separated his mod into different packs or from Shockah (Emerald Mod Author) who has a lot of stuff in his mod, but everything is related to the core idea.
"There's no embarrassment in the search of truth!"
Posted Image

kingbdogz
    kingbdogz

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

"hurr Soft and hard Obsidian Ingots durr."

Unless you can give me valid reasons as to what is wrong with my Rough and Soft Obsidian Ingots then I kindly suggest you shut up. I'm sick of idiots attacking my mod on other threads.

but everything is related to the core idea.

The core idea of my mod is to add a huge variety of different features. It's also aiming at adding further complexity at what I call the "3rd Tier" of your Minecraft world.

So no, I haven't strayed from the core idea. In fact, I only keep adding to it with each and every update. The mod has changed a lot since you last saw it, and it has improved a lot more than you would think.
Posted Image

Pixelated
    Pixelated

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • Minecraft: Pixelated

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

So you want me to go into your mod thread and tell you that Rough and soft Ingots are dumb, runes are dumb, and dust everything is dumb?

I would, but that would be considered "Hurr durr trolling" By every idiot who doesnt even know what it means, because I disagree.

Your Workbench, Purple glass, dragon and obsidian Items are good ideas, and I wouldnt mind a stand alone mod for those. Just Ditch the Ingots.
Posted Image
Muh Permisshuns

kingbdogz
    kingbdogz

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

So you want me to go into your mod thread and tell you that Rough and soft Ingots are dumb, runes are dumb, and dust everything is dumb?

No, I'm asking you to give valid reasons as to why they are dumb. Do you seriously believe I'm going to change something just because you call it dumb? Help me help you, give me valid reasons and I could probably consider changing it. But right now you're not convincing me.
Posted Image