• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do i get mods to work?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ihatefattyslol

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

I want to play the island survival mod but I don't know how to install it or whatever. I already downloaded it now I just need somebody to tell me how to get it to work. I've been searching for a bit and still don't know.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forums.

Register or log in to remove.

jsm
    jsm

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Minecraft: jsm

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

first things first, do you have a windows or mac?
Please support my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.c...g?feature=watch

ihatefattyslol

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

I have windows 7.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forums.

zakstar7
    zakstar7

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

ok hold the Windows key and press R, type in %appdata% and press enter click roaming. find the .minecraft folder usually located at the top of the list. there should be a folder called: bin, click on it, find the minecraft.jar file, open it with Winrar, if you dont have WinRar heres the download link

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

download the top file. (WinRar x86), ok so open the minecraft.jar file with WinRar and the mod file with winrar.
have both opened up and visible side by side (backup your whole bin folder file incase you do something wrong) (to backup your bin folder its simple, make a new folder somewere name it whatever you want, copy and paste the whole bin folder into the new folder you made) now most modders will have a ModLoader first like Risugami and 303's ModLoader, so if you have a ModLoader downloaded, open with>WinRar and select all the files you see except the top one (...)  and drag them into your minecraft.jar file. go into a file in your minecraft.jar called META-INF and delete the 2 bottom MOJANG files. now exit both opened WinRar pages. reopen your minecraft.jar file (With WinRar) and open your actual mod you already had downloaded at first with WinRar and drag all the files except the top one (...) from your mod into the minecraft.jar folder, close both down, and open minecraft.

if it doesnt work you probably dont have the right ModLoader for that mod or the Mod itself is older than the current minecraft version which right now is 1.2.6. this will not work with the browser version of minecraft, only the minecraft alpha version you download from the website, make sure you read the instructions carefully and those of the website where you got your Mod and ModLoader. if it still wont work delete the whole bin folder and replace it with the backed up bin folder i told you earlier to do, if you think its a problem with the mod, try some of 303's mods and his special ModLoader that he and Risugami merged together, his arrow mod is a great way to start. and its really easy to use, if you have any problems then just write back to me on the forums or send me an email at: [email protected] (sending me an email will increase the speed of me answering you back as i check my emails alot and dont go on the forums much at all).anyway i hoped this helped! BYE  :Pig: .

i hate creepers!  :SSSS:

NEED MOB SPAWNERS

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

ok, but i have a mac. then how does it work?  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :Notch:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :iapprove:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :soil:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :DBlock:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

wizzykiddy180

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

wat if u have a mac cos i am trying to get the mod portal gun but it is not working at all ahhhhh !!!!!
its sooo annoying cos i dowload it then i get minecraft.jar i open it with archive utility and when i change the folder that i made with all the mods inside. i open minecraft to play and it doesnt let me play and when i change the mincraft.jar thing back and it lets me play i still dont hav the mods
  :)  :Teal:

fire259
    fire259

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: fire259

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Thank you you you are my angle because 7 zip did not work now winrar now i can see my mod ty you saved my life :)
The flame burns under water   Posted Image

DiamondOwnge

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

if you have a mac then trade it in for windows and play mods.Its also better   :iapprove:
Posted Image
SSSSSSSS.....oh shit....RUNNNNN!!!!!DIAMOND SWORD!!!!!

dax25
    dax25

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

hey zakstar7 you made me download somthing that didnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :angry:

nvm

sorry

Dekiller337

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ok so I have placed tmi in my minecraft.jar file which i opened with winrar, I then open up minecraft and there is nothing new. What have I done wrong????  :(

freelancerkrona

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

i did all the right steps and enterd my minecraft and it died my minecraft did