Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ohhh Can't John Make Me a Monkey PLease
Please john make me a monkey :iapprove:

Register or log in to remove.

Worldsshrugged
  • Minecraft: Edwardos
  • Xbox:Pyrarson

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Aghh dammit! I didn't want to know there were Ocelots, I wanted to find out myself!

AtomicPotato

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

I REALLY like the way Jeb is taking Minecraft. The only thing to make the biome system perfect right now would be to add melons that spawn in the world naturally like pumpkins and to replace the boring tundra biome with the glacier biome from this mod http://www.minecraft...nd-green-hills/

Myhappypie
  • Minecraft: Myhappypie

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

YEEEESSSS! CATS! My favorite animal in minecraft!
Posted Image
Maybe you should click this?

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

WTF?!?!?!?! I've been trying to tame an ocelot with raw fish for about 20 minutes now and it's having no effect. Does it not work in creative or something? I want a kitty! NAOW!

Kevlar98
  • Minecraft: Kevlar98

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Awwwww how cute an ocelot and kittens! so when do we get puppies?

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Awwwww how cute an ocelot and kittens! so when do we get puppies?
since the LAST update.

OriginalPresets

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Jeb is slowly adding biome features. Also I have been experimenting with Ocelots. Having one of them is bad. They just non-stop follow you. Pretty annoying. I would prefer if they didn't follow you and they did there own thing. However every minutes they will come back to you. Always before night.
Posted Image

Kanosint

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ummm...

We have puppies since last snapshot, actually...

Otterman
    Otterman

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

I love how Jeb is making Minecraft fun again whereas Notch was ruining the fun of it mainly by boring terrain even tho ruining the fun of Minecraft wasn't any of his intensions.

Posted Image

Mecheon
    Mecheon

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostAtomicPotato, on 26 January 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

I REALLY like the way Jeb is taking Minecraft. The only thing to make the biome system perfect right now would be to add melons that spawn in the world naturally like pumpkins and to replace the boring tundra biome with the glacier biome from this mod http://www.minecraft...nd-green-hills/

Tundras exist in real life

Crazy stuff like that doesn't. I'd prefer tundras because they actually, y'know, exist

I am aware that glaciers exist, but I know that they don't look anything like that biome
The Emperor's Rage echoes through the hills. The Emperor's Strength grips this land with fists of iron. The Emperor's Courage burns everlasting. The Endless Army will crush the Emperor's foes.

MaininguDensetsu

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

There are now jungle tree saplings

corefire
    corefire

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • Minecraft: corefire1528

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

This looks great, testing now! :D

Wop124
    Wop124

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Minecraft: wop124

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Theres a new Dispencer texture.
Minecraft server ip:

ManDog
    ManDog

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

How the hell do i tame a Ocelot, i trapped him in my house, i have 10 raw fish, i keep right clicking one but nothing happens, i don't lose any fish. It just continues to run round like a crazy mofo.

RaustBlackDragon
  • Minecraft: Toastito

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Um... so... what advantages do these things have over wolves?

As far as I can tell, they don't have any, and actually have several disadvantages. But I believe in constructive criticism, so since Ocelots are here to stay, here's how I'd go about making them useful:

The only thing I can think of, actually, is maybe pest control, but that would require the implementation of pests, which would be mind-blowingly annoying for some people, and would force people to use cats instead of having them be optional.

Really, I want to know the story behind this, it just came out of nowhere and really doesn't add anything to the game. I'd argue they're even more frivolous than wolves, but that's another matter.
Posted Image

OriginalPresets

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostManDog, on 26 January 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

How the hell do i tame a Ocelot, i trapped him in my house, i have 10 raw fish, i keep right clicking one but nothing happens, i don't lose any fish. It just continues to run round like a crazy mofo.
Stay around 10 blocks away from them. Crouch / sneak and hold your fish out. It should then slowly walk towards you. Make no sudden movements if you wave your mouse about then it will run off. When it becomes close to you it should lift its head up. Then feed it some fish.
Posted Image

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

Why do they need to have a use? Can't they just be there because they are cool and people like cats?

vanderherring

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hey, I`ve got a world I created using 12w03a minecraft. Will it get the new stuff from 12w04a or do I have to make a new world to see it?

RaustBlackDragon
  • Minecraft: Toastito

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostRufus, on 26 January 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Why do they need to have a use? Can't they just be there because they are cool and people like cats?

Sure they can, but wolves have a use, sort of, in addition to being pets. Cats should as well.
Posted Image