Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] The Dragon-Tamer Mod!


  • Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21

Flaming Ice
  • Location: At the Internet-beach surfing the web!
  • Minecraft: qwiiu

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Oh, My, God, Can I test please! (I can also code a tiny bit)

Register or log in to remove.

#22

virgili555

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Just a progress update for you all. Basic AI is currently being worked, and a basic AI  flight system is in place to allow the dragon to decide whether or not it should fly, or stay on the ground.

Posted Image
Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

Nothing to see here.


#23

MrDeidert

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

View Postvirgili555, on 07 April 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Just a progress update for you all. Basic AI is currently being worked, and a basic AI  flight system is in place to allow the dragon to decide whether or not it should fly, or stay on the ground.

Posted Image
Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

Amazing! This mod is going to be great!

#24

wormsorry
  • Minecraft: alosaras

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

awsome mod hope it gets done
Posted Image <----- plz click to save this poor orphaned egg

#25

xXyarblesXx
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: sorryworm

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Omg the venom dragon has soooo much detail,I can't wait to get this mod!

#26

virgili555

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Progress update: The first part of the dragon AI is still being written. The dragon can now determine as to whether or not it is stuck under a tree or the ground, and will attempt to unstick itself.

Nothing to see here.


#27

virgili555

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Another progress update:

The venom dragon is now rideable
Posted Image

Nothing to see here.


#28

Flaming Ice
  • Location: At the Internet-beach surfing the web!
  • Minecraft: qwiiu

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey dude, I know it would be "sharing your secrets", but would you mind helping barracuta with his dragon riding mod with some of the AI issues he has?

#29

virgili555

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostFlaming Ice, on 08 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Hey dude, I know it would be "sharing your secrets", but would you mind helping barracuta with his dragon riding mod with some of the AI issues he has?

Who are you referring to. We have two coders on our team.

Nothing to see here.


#30

xXyarblesXx
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: sorryworm

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Wait,Do you have to kill a venom dragon and then get it's egg,Then tame it,Feed it,Wait until adult or can you just tame and ride while it's found in the wild?

#31

Dan_Wallace

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

You kill a dragon and then get its egg. The baby dragon that hatches is already tamed; you don't need to feed it.

#32

xXyarblesXx
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: sorryworm

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Oh thank god,This is one of the mod's i'm looking for then :D

#33

bigm222
    bigm222

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

great mod sounds awesome i think you should add a download link it would be so cool to have this mod besides the entire mod doesnt have to be done all at once thats what updates are for

#34

virgili555

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

View Postbigm222, on 09 April 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

great mod sounds awesome i think you should add a download link it would be so cool to have this mod besides the entire mod doesnt have to be done all at once thats what updates are for

I don't think so. We're not ready to make a public downloadable version just yet. Here's some reasons why:
  • The AI is still in development, and bugs exist that severely affect the dragons ability to determine what to do.
  • Animations aren't finished.
  • Some parts of the dragon models aren't finished.
  • Some features for the initial release are not yet ready.

Nothing to see here.


#35

virgili555

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Here's a video of one of the smaller bugs with the Venom Dragon AI (each Dragon will have it's own AI to allow us to make the dragons act differently and uniquely).


There's also another bug displayed in the video that we're currently working towards fixing (wings flicker a little, nothing major).

Nothing to see here.


#36

bigm222
    bigm222

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postvirgili555, on 09 April 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:



I don't think so. We're not ready to make a public downloadable version just yet. Here's some reasons why:
  • The AI is still in development, and bugs exist that severely affect the dragons ability to determine what to do.
  • Animations aren't finished.
  • Some parts of the dragon models aren't finished.
  • Some features for the initial release are not yet ready.

Ok i didnt realize how much work needed to ne done and i would try and help but i barely know how to model

#37

virgili555

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

View Postbigm222, on 09 April 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Ok i didnt realize how much work needed to ne done and i would try and help but i barely know how to model

We're okay, but thanks anyway. Rest assured we're working very hard to get a stable pre-release out soon (if not a full initial release). Check the video I posted recently for a video of one of the smaller bugs present.

Nothing to see here.


#38

bigm222
    bigm222

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postvirgili555, on 09 April 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:



We're okay, but thanks anyway. Rest assured we're working very hard to get a stable pre-release out soon (if not a full initial release). Check the video I posted recently for a video of one of the smaller bugs present.

Oh yeah i saw that posted immediately before i posted i thought it was kijd of funny but it still is really cool that you have gotten the dragon to work that much an that looks like a really complicated model great job


#39

virgili555

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

View Postbigm222, on 09 April 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

Oh yeah i saw that posted immediately before i posted i thought it was kijd of funny but it still is really cool that you have gotten the dragon to work that much an that looks like a really complicated model great job

It'll be able to do a lot more by the time I'm finished with the AI. We've got a lot of actions for it planned, and if Dan approves, they may able to breed on their own without human intervention.

Nothing to see here.


#40

xXyarblesXx
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: sorryworm

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

When you've finished the venom dragon AI,Maybe you can add more dragon's like a Frost dragon.ect,Also maybe it is possible to put in dragon den's with chest's and chained skeleton's and even nest's with dragon egg's inside them (JUST IDEA'S)