Server Ip : www.Skicraft.co.uk
Join our mumble!:18.104.22.168:32395
Website: Click on me!
Welcome to the SkiCraft server's forum page.
We run a very friendly community based survival server, with a fairly strong focus on economy. Using many plugins to improve your experience on the server, we are always looking for new players and new staff to improve our already great community base. We like to reward kind and talented players with lots of perks and ranks, and are open to suggestions for ways to take the server forward.
What kind of server is Skicraft?
There are 3 main aspects to how we run the server at SkiCraft.
Towny is a plugin that achieves a great deal. It can not only protect your land and blocks, but it also serves as a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy. This means that players can purchase land and create thier own towns and cities with their friends, become mayors,and if feeling particularly mean, set daily taxes!
So if you fancy becoming the ruler of a Nation (Group of Towns), and going to war with others, then this is perfect for you! Even if you don't fancy yourself as the mayor, you can join a town with your friends and work those stock markets to become rich!
I strongly suggest you ready this Towny Wiki, for more infomation on this plugin!
The Economy! Using Skiros and Wongas, our currency, you have the ability to purchase items from shops, from other players, and basically trade to your hearts content. If you fancy mining all day, and then selling your goods, head to the main city to sell your wares to the shop keepers, who will offer you a good price, or perhaps undercut their prices and make your own shops and make a fortune. The possiblities are endless, and there are many ways to make money, and buy services to aid you in game. Perhaps you would like to hire someone to do some work for you? Or maybe you just want that extra bit of land for your town. The economy drives all of this.
As will be covered later, we have many ranks, and even more to come. Ranks are a way of progressing in SkiCraft, and they can be achieved in many ways. If you rank up, naturally you get more priviledges as you get more trusted on the server. As well as normal ranks given out by our staff, there are also automatic ranks for Mayors or rulers of Nations. These are based on the size of your Towns/Nations, and will change depending on the amount of residents you have in your respective settlements. These ranks are all displayed in before your name, so everyone will be able to see your progression and rank in game. As you rank up and therefore get more trusted, you will evenetually unlock the ability to use the wilderness fully.
Because of the configuration of the server, your builds are completely protected. It is up to you who you allow to build on your land due to Towny. Trust your mayor!!
LWC Also protects all of your assests automatically when you place them in chests. This means everything you own is protected as long as you are sensible.
The Rules and how we enforce them
No one likes to be constrained by rules! So we keep them minimal and enforce them strongly, so that you will have the best time possible on SkiCraft. There are a few simple rules that we ask (kindly ) everyone to abide by.
- The most important rule. NO MODS OR CLIENTS! If we see anyone with Fly mods, speed mods, X-ray, anything that gives you an unfair advantage, you will be banned on the spot. We have a 0 tolerance policy to people that use mods on SkiCraft. We have ways to detect any hacks, so don't run the risk of getting banned!
- Don't be a jerk! (Straight forward, I hope no explation should be needed.)
- Pvp is on in certain areas, and that is fine if you kill others, however if you keep getting kicked from every town you join because you murder your own townsfolk in the wilderness, expect to be punished and if continued banned(This rule is a follow on from the one above).
- No Capslocks/Swearing/spam, We have a fairly old community, but the younger players are just as welcome as anyone else, we all swear sometimes but we ask to keep this to a minimum due to the younger players. The Capslocks rule is enforced by my (Tomski) very strongly .
- Respect everyone. From a Builder to a Super Admin, respect everyone! It doesn't matter what rank it is, you might need to know this by the way, the password is Spongecake, everyone deserves to be respected! Treat others how you would like to be treated!
- No Exploiting of bugs, for gain.
Rule 2 states 'Don't be a jerk! (Straight forward, I hope no explation should be needed.)' . It seems that some confusion has arisen regarding this rule, as griefing someone in the wilderness is allowed, but could be considered being a jerk move. So, I think that an explanation is needed. The following are some jerk-like things that will not be allowed from this edit onwards.
- Plot toggling PvP - This is just a ridiculous childish thing to do, and ruins the game for a lot of people.
- Killing fellow town members within a town for no reason - Refrain from this. Again, it ruins the game and is a pointless exercise. When players join a town, they want to build, not be killed.
- Gloating about wildy steals to the previous owner of the items - Unfortunately this is seen often. If you're going to steal in the wilderness, don't gloat about it.
- More will be added as time progresses.
Enforcing the rules
How do we see that the rules are enforced and act as more than guidelines? Easy, Jail, kick and Ban. All the members of staff are armed with the ability to do all of the above, and will do so if there are rules breaks. Depending on the severity of the rule break, one of the above will be used. The jail serves as a warning, and not only will some of your time in game will have to be spent in the damp cells of Varanir, where other players are free to torture you, but your money will be reduced, and respect on the server slightly lowered . After your warning, you are very prone to being banned if rule breaks continue.
If possible, it would be great if you could donate to keep the server up and help it grow! It would help a huge amount in expanding the server. Plus there will be rewards for those donators! Don't worry if you can't, we aren't forcing you to!
Rewards For donating!
.£5 or more -Supporter
- 15,000 Skiros
- Spawned wolf
- /tpa Teleporting commands
- Multiple Homes
- Special tag in name to show that you are a supporter!
.£12 or more -Donator
- 35,000 Skiros
- Multiple Homes
- Special tag in name to show that you are a donator
- Ability to Fly
- Ability to use the craftbook train systems
.£20 or more -Super Donator
- 80,000 Skiros
- Mob Disguise
- Multiple homes
- Ability to Fly
- The /ascend command
- custom made name changable once a month
- Ability to fully use the craftbook trains and hidden switch
- Exempt from needing a ticket to board vehicles
While the nations of SkiCraft all have their respective capitals, an independant, neutral capital exists as an entity above any nation. In Varanir, the spawn city, lie the main centres of commerce, culture and huge features of architecture. The Cathedral is the centre-piece of Varanir, towering over all of the city, and is the main spawn-point. See the Capital Hall for all the information on Towny, including on creating and owning your own town, or joining another's. The SCB is the monetary and economic centre - it is not only the main functioning bank, but also contains information on creating your own banks using Towny, as well as on the shop system.
Among the admin-run stores, there are a sparce few number of public available plots, which can be rented to take advantage of the large amount of traffic moving through spawn - this can be a great selling point for a store, or a place to show off your building skills, if you can afford the extortionate rent.
So you've got this far! How to join!?!??!?
So you want to join!
After all this, and you think this is the server for you! Great! One thing left to do, get that pesky IP! At SkiCraft we pride ourselves with our unique solution for new members. We operate an ingame whitelist. Everyone is free to join and you will be dealt with by a member of the server in game, to trial you out on the server. After a short task, you will soon be accepted onto the server and free to join the community! Easy and simple, and gets rid of the need for posting on forum threads or being on a waiting list. We wan't you to get playing straight away! But make sure you read all the rules thoroughly before coming on, If you don't read them, we will be able to tell
The newest videos to be recorded on Skicraft!
Here are two of the older videos!
Put this in your Sig to help support the server!