Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I find a nether fortress?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

YoshiDragon
  • Minecraft: Yoshidragon

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I've been looking around in my nether and I can't find a fortress. Have any tips for finding them?

and no, this world isn't before they added them.
Posted Image
"Like with jetpacks?"

Register or log in to remove.

doggant29
  • Minecraft: Beu_

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Travel East or West, I used a program called Amidst to show the locations of nether fortresses and they occur mostly in east-west lines.

eable2
    eable2

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Minecraft: eable2

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Just keep going in one direction...you'll find one eventually.

If you have enough resources, you can make multiple portals in the overworld to cover ground quickly (1 nether meter = 8 overworld meters, I believe).

It's totally random. Sometimes, it takes days to find one. Once, my portal put me right next to one.

EDIT: Also, I'd only look between altitudes 70 and 130...that's usually where I find them. (Use F3 key to view coordinates)
You can find my CTM speedrunning channel here: https://www.youtube....ZT4pJ3v5FczWbCA
You can find my mini-CTM maps here: http://www.minecraft...s-ctm-minimaps/

Stonecycle
  • Minecraft: Stonecycle

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

If this Nether was first generated, there should be a fortress somewhere very nearby. Every fortress I discovered is at least up to ten chunks away from the portal. Just bring lots of cobblestone, 'cause you're probably going to have to build indestructible bridges from Ghasts.
All these pony-based signatures aren't going to win these people any respect.

spiderking1008
  • Minecraft: spiderking1008

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

i always spawn in one... your just unlucky

Invder
    Invder

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

If you have your distance rendering set to short or tiny, consider putting it on normal or far for a sec just to look around. I did this at my Portal, and while I couldn't normally see a Fortress on my usual sight distance (Short) I was easily able to spot one when I turned it up, which allowed me to make my way over to it.