• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6] Grey Goo Mod v2.3.3 (NEW RAINBOW GOO!) {With machines, Plague World, dimensions!}

grey goo mod updated plague spread nanomachine modloader

• Please log in to reply
1307 replies to this topic

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Now with rainbow goo, your very own multidimensional copier!!!  Grey Goo Mod v2 has machines, dimensions, tons of items, and even more goos to manipulate your world like never before.

This update adds rainbow goo and Plague world, two features that have been in the works for a VERY long time. It also adds a sort of 'backup' dimension that you can access through the Goo Portal (under machines).

If you have played this mod before, well, go look through the new machines and items before you start. It is very different. I changed nearly everything about the mod, added more in this update than there was in the original mod, and am very excited to see what everybody thinks about it. See below for all the juicy details.

Updated for 1.4.6!

Version 2.3.3 has been released! Download right here.

-------------------- Download and install instructions---------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Plague World Challenge---------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Getting Started with the New Version---------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Goos---------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Machines and Items---------------
Spoiler:

------------------------------- Epic Video Warning--------------------------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Letter To The Player---------------
Spoiler:

--------------------Change Log---------------
Spoiler:

--------------------Pictures---------------
Spoiler:

-------------------- Credits, and an Apology---------------
Spoiler:

Now I have my very own legal jargon section!
Spoiler:

Pnats! Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

irawryou
    irawryou

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Minecraft: irawryou

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

O_O
EDIT: Holy crap this is pretty awesome!! I engulfed and NPC village >:]
Posted Image

The_Appollyon
  • Minecraft: You really want to know?

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Holy shoot that is creepy. I'm scared! :blink:
Posted Image

Creepermart

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

This is a TOTAL rip off of the bacteria mod
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostCreepermart, on 25 January 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Ill be honest, I never saw the bacteria mod. Someone in the Mod Development forum mentioned it to just recently, well after I had started. The inspiration came from science fiction, specifically Ice 9 from Cats cradle and the general idea of a wild nano-machine grey goo.  

Wikipedia- Grey Goo

Wikipdia- Ice Nine

Posted Image

tyron1995

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Hey, great mod! i was watching this a little on the wip forum. As just a request, mayyybbeee make the purple block be  in the worldgen so when/if you come across it, theres already a hole of it spreaded. Also lol why would you want to make something that destroys your world. If it was in the gen, it would be already started and you would have it from stopping. Just a thought tho :P Anyways, love the mod on any condition
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hmmm... It would be cool if I could add to one of the options when you select world type, and are given super-flat and normal. The thing is, I have no idea how to do that. I can definitely imagine going mining, getting down deep, and all of a sudden the rest of the cave is all infected. It wouldn't spread out of hand, either, because it would only start in loaded chunks.

Anyone want to point me in the direction to do that?

Posted Image

Iopkluj123

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

*Jaw Drop* Er..You may want to add "BACK UP YOUR SAVES" :D

Downloading
Posted Image

Sigia
    Sigia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostCreepermart, on 25 January 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

To be fair, the bacteria mod had only one "infection" and it eats everything, if I remember right, that it is "trained" to. This mod, as far as I can see, is not like that. These goo eat each other and everything else. The Bacteria just keeps spreading and spreading if you aren't careful. Hell, it'll eat your world if you train it to eat certain blocks. This mod, however, has a way to contain and destroy itself. (Itself being the various "goo".) From the outside view, yes, it seems similar to the Bacteria. If anything, this is a more advanced block eater. They are both original in their methods, but similar in the overall idea of "block eaters". So, no, it's not a total rip of the Bacteria mod. They are both separate in their own ways.

To the maker: Good job on making something rather unique. Keep up the good work. I do believe I'll be hanging around to see where this goes. You have my support.

Also, here's an idea I just thought of- a goo that "eats" water?
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

Ha! I havent used blue yet, perfect. I will make a block that only eats fluids. Purple does eat water just fine, though.

And I added the bit about backing up saves. Id hate for someones castle to get eaten.

I have been messing around with worldgen stuff, and I accidentally had way too much spawn in the beginning. About 2 min into the game, everything was purple. Everywhere. It was terrifying. Gotta tone that down a little.

Posted Image

XeriaX
    XeriaX

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: XeriaX

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

This is a great mod! I'm going to upload a video review of it tomorrow! I hope your looking forward to seeing it! Great mod btw and I had a couple of suggestions you should change/add to the mod! It's all in the video and I think it would be cool to have the ideas in it!

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Wow, I cant wait! Thanks. Also, I just added another block, Blue Goo, that eats only water. (and lava).

Right now, I am working on a block that eats air, and grows a bit more slowly that the others. I think it will be white.

I also added a "Plague World" version in the download, that includes some world gen modifications. It randomly spawns just a few purple goo blocks deep underground that slowly surface. Fighting these off can be difficult, because the time they reach the surface, the entire underground is already infected.

Posted Image

SiikiKala

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

You should really make the block appear in worldgen, as someone already suggested. This would make it so you have to stop it from spreading, and would add a fun survival aspect.  The matter that eats everything out of its way, spreading like a virus  sounds wicked cool, i will definitely try this. You should make the lines on the blocks glow in dark, much like spider eyes. Looks good when i picture it in my mind. These are just suggestions i would like to see.
Great work!

edit: Dang, i was foolish and didn't notice this was added already. Oh well, atleast i have what i wanted!

bieux
    bieux

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Minecraft: bieux

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

If the name of the mod is gray goo, where is the gray goo?
Blah Blah

Con_Number_1
  • Minecraft: Con_Number_1

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

I had this mod many months before bacteria mod was even in development! You could edit a text file and tell it what to eat and replace it with.

Czaarek99

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Cool!!!!
And check out my banner!
Posted Image

stevenrs11

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostCon_Number_1, on 25 January 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

I had this mod many months before bacteria mod was even in development! You could edit a text file and tell it what to eat and replace it with.

If you mean you had my mod, that is impossible, because I didnt even know what a .class was a week ago...

If you had a similar mod, then cool, Id like to see it!

On a different note, I need to make it so plague world only generates a limited number of Purple seed blocks, sorta like strongholds. Ideally, it would place one block randomly near spawn, and only one more a good deal farther away. No more would spawn for the entire map, because too many causes unmanageable lag.

Posted Image

DragonAvatar1

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

it looks cool

Len923
    Len923

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Minecraft: Len923

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

make server version!
Posted Image

Blasterboy111
  • Minecraft: bfan1012

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Look's like an awesome mod! I am gonna go try it out.
Posted Image