Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Super Fast, Compact Day/night Sensor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vuncy_Tacofield
  • Minecraft: Vuncy_Tacofield

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

After watching a video from Apocaliptz I decided to take a stab at Etho's day night sensor design and find a way to condense them and attach them together to add sensitivity. (similar to the way Apocaliptz did)

From what I can see this version is more compact and Apocaliptz didn't upload a tutorial for his own.

Subscriptions would be nice. Expect me to upload video's more regularly and tidy my channel up.

-Vince
http://www.youtube.c.../VuncyTacofield Technical Minecraft and Music
Super fast day/night sensor Tutorial

Register or log in to remove.

gman
    gman

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Crazy....  :)

freezzerrr

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

how does the sensor work?
Posted Image

gman
    gman

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postfreezzerrr, on 23 January 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

how does the sensor work?

I'd like to know this too...

Vuncy_Tacofield
  • Minecraft: Vuncy_Tacofield

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

The bud switch connected to it toggles between an on and off state each time a block updates next to the piston. It essentially has a T-flipflop built into it.
The grass grows during the day and changes the state which then releases the water so that during the night the water makes the light level low enough for the grass to die again. When the grass dies during the night it toggles the bud switch back and cuts the water stream so the grass is ready to grow again.

(^That's how the basic day night sensor works.^)

The monostable circuits at the back send out pulses when ever their Bud-switch toggles. The top monostables send a pulse on the top line when it's respective sensor changes from night to day and the lower monostables send pulses on the bottom line when their respective sensor changes from day to night.

The memory cell at the end of the lines remembers which line received a pulse last. So if it was the top line it would be day time and vice-versa.
http://www.youtube.c.../VuncyTacofield Technical Minecraft and Music
Super fast day/night sensor Tutorial