• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.2.5/1.3.1] Memory leak fix, sticky arrows, fixed skeleton models and other patches

tweaks performance model arrows patches 1.2.5 1.3.1

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

BarracudaATA
  • Minecraft: barracuda

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

This is a collection of small patches for cosmetic changes or optimizations that don't add new content and therefore don't need a thread on their own.

All patches here don't have any dependencies, should work with most other mods and require the usual minecraft.jar editing process.

Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry. Posted Image

Pincushion Fix
This patch brings back the sticky arrow feature on mobs that was removed since Minecraft 1.9-pre. The time to put arrows into your foe's knees has come again!

Some mobs have upscaled or complex models. In order to avoid huge or misplaced arrows, these mobs won't show sticky arrows:
  • Ender Dragons
  • Slimes and Magma Cubes
  • Ghasts
  • Giants
It should work with all other mobs and animals, even from mods.

Posted Image

Review by Etalyx:

Download for Minecraft 1.2.5
Download for Minecraft 1.2.4
Download for Minecraft 1.2.3
Download for Minecraft 1.1

Skeleton Model Fix
This patch fixes the skeleton's arms that are using the zombie pose instead of the regular bow-holding pose.

Posted Image

Download for Minecraft 1.3.1

Optimized Object Pool/Memory Leak Fix
This patch adds a limit for the object pool for vectors and axis-aligned bounding boxes. This should fix "out of memory" errors in extreme game situations where lots of objects are involved, for example when igniting huge amounts of TNT blocks. If you don't know what all this means, then you probably don't need this patch. Posted Image

Download for Minecraft 1.3.1 (download source code)

Particle Limit Enhancer
This patch simply raises the hard-coded limit for simultaneously rendered particles from 4000 to 256,000 per texture layer. This will drastically decrease the performance if fully utilized, but results into more spectacular scenes for Minema.

TNT Flash Fix

This patch changes the solid white flashing on primed TNT blocks to a semi-transparent overlay. This also fixes the Z-fighting bug that came with 1.3.1.

Optimized Profiler

An optimized profiler that has a better performance when active.

Download for Minecraft 1.3.1 (download source code)

My other mods
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

asdf722
    asdf722

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Minecraft: SergeantAsdf

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

wow nice mod
Posted Image

VossMaster
  • Minecraft: Vossmaster46

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

GREAT SCOTT! This man is a genius!

-This user has now passed on to another realm of foruming-

Habigo16

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

is this compatiable with 1.0 since1.1 dosent add any mobs
EDIT:Hmmmm my minecraft loaded but when I fired an arrow at a mob nothing happened and the arrow wasnt stuck in the mob
Posted Image<--Please click or this cute egg will die ;D

BarracudaATA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Well, it doesn't add mobs but both the MCP code and the class names are different. I'm always working with the latest code and downgrading isn't easy.

In other words: it won't work for 1.0.0, sorry.

Edit: well ok, I have an older version of the pincushion patch with a few bugs: http://www.ata4.info...ion_mc1.0.0.zip
Posted Image

Habigo16

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

o, ok
Posted Image<--Please click or this cute egg will die ;D

BarracudaATA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

The skeleton model fix wasn't actually working. I updated the download, sorry for that :rolleyes:
Posted Image

BeastGamer
  • Minecraft: pivotgamer84

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Are these just render patches that will work in SMP provided the client has the patch?
Posted Image

BarracudaATA

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yes, they should all work in multiplayer. I haven't tested the arrow patch on a server yet, but they shouldn't cause any problems.
Posted Image

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Your tweaks or so useful i am using all of them by the way! :D

Posted Image

Expert_Creeper_Hugger
  • Minecraft: SpecialRumble65

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostBarracudaATA, on 23 January 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

This is a collection of small patches for cosmetic changes or optimizations that don't add new content and therefore don't need a thread on their own.

All patches here don't have any dependencies, should work with most other mods and require the usual minecraft.jar editing process.

Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry. ;)

Pincushion Fix
This patch brings back the sticky arrow feature on mobs that was removed since Minecraft 1.9-pre. The time to put arrows into your foe's knees has come again!

Some mobs have upscaled or complex models. In order to avoid huge or misplaced arrows, these mobs won't show sticky arrows:
  • Ender Dragons
  • Slimes and Magma Cubes
  • Ghasts
  • Giants

Posted Image

Download for MC 1.1 (direct link)

Skeleton Model Fix
This patch fixes the skeleton's arms that are using the zombie pose instead of the regular bow-holding pose.

Posted Image

Memory Leak Fix
This patch adds a limit for the object cache for vectors and axis-aligned bounding boxes. This should fix "out of memory" errors in extreme game situations where lots of objects are involved, for example when igniting huge amounts of TNT blocks. If you don't know what all this means, then you probably don't need this patch. ;)

My other mods
It doesn't work D: :SSSS:

Expert_Creeper_Hugger
  • Minecraft: SpecialRumble65

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostBarracudaATA, on 23 January 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Click the adf.ly links to support me in the development of my mods, but feel free to use the direct links if you're in a hurry. ;)

Pincushion Fix

• Ender Dragons
  • Slimes and Magma Cubes
  • Ghasts
  • Giants

Posted Image

Skeleton Model Fix

Posted Image

Memory Leak Fix
This patch adds a limit for the object cache for vectors and axis-aligned bounding boxes. This should fix "out of memory" errors in extreme game situations where lots of objects are involved, for example when igniting huge amounts of TNT blocks. If you don't know what all this means, then you probably don't need this patch. ;)

My other mods
but the mods my my arrow go thru the mobs when i do normal

obsidianCore

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

lol pincushion rocks dude! best fix ever!
Posted Image

obsidianCore

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

i love that it affects all mobs :D the bow and arrow has officially become my favorite weapon since this mod came out :D

Suggestion to users:

get the zombie dismemberment mod, the blood mod, and the head trophy mod.

and let the slaughter begin :D
Posted Image

streetstar5

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Memory Leak Fix: this mod is incompatible with Portal Gun v5. The Portal guns just won't work.
Posted Image

BarracudaATA

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hm, interesting. But I'm testing a bytecode patching concept that could fix these issues.
Posted Image

xaiyain
    xaiyain

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Plz, update skeleton model fix to 1.2.3

Bockwurst
  • Minecraft: germanPorkchop

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Sry for this "Update-post" but i really want the arrow-stick-mod-thingy in 1.2.3 O.o
So: please update!

Posted Image

Borz0r
    Borz0r

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Minecraft: Borz0r

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Update? :D

Posted Image
Add me on league of legends! sparkyuk

BarracudaATA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Okay, I updated the Pincushion and Skeleton Model fix for 1.2.3. The memory fix maybe will be replaced by a small ModLoader plugin, so I won't update it right now.
Posted Image