Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[ADVENTURE MAP] THE TOURIST [160 000 + DL] 1.2 updated


  • Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1

stratocrafteur

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

*
POPULAR

hi everybody

i am stratocrafteur , and i'm proud to introduce you my map named THE TOURIST ,
A huge adventure in PARIS you'll never forget ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
screenshots by sylvain aioun

including :

- 4 hours of amazing experience

- a great screenplay

- epic builds such as the sacré coeur basilica of montmartre

- 5 exclusives redstone mini games

- soundtrack by cool rock bands

- jump , sprint and more...

The french version of the map was downloaded 10000 times since the beginning of the year !

some say :" woa ! fantastique ! "


check the trailer here :




download the map with its provided texture pack in english , french , italian or spanish language at planet minecraft :


MAP LINK =>>  http://www.planetmin...ap-the-tourist/



and leave comments...


NOTICE : if you want to play it in multi ,  start the adventure once in solo to see where it begins because the begining is not at the spawn point .


THE TOURIST on FACEBOOK :
http://www.facebook....372681702759621


SEE THE YOGSCAST HAVE FUN ON IT !!





german playthrough by soulcdancer here

my favourite maps :

Deja Vu by dasbuttocks

The Dropper by Bigre


have a good time ...

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Greenbean9396
  • Location: Connecticut
  • Minecraft: Greenbean9396
  • Xbox:Mr Burton9396

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

Not bad.

#3

SneakyCreepah
  • Minecraft: sneakycreepah

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Whoa man! That looks really nice. It must have taken you a long time.  :)

#4

stratocrafteur

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostSneakyCreepah, on 23 January 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Whoa man! That looks really nice. It must have taken you a long time.  :)

about 250 hours of work since 1.7

Posted Image


#5

LtLuckey
  • Location: MD, USA
  • Minecraft: Jon_Petrucci

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

This is easily one of the most enjoyable adventure maps I have played in a really long time.

Great job ^^


It's not too easy, not too hard, story makes sense (including the beginning).

I've gotta say, that easter egg in the apartment building made me jump the first time I saw it lol.


You've got a great map here, keep it up.

#6

stratocrafteur

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostLtLuckey, on 23 January 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

This is easily one of the most enjoyable adventure maps I have played in a really long time.

Great job ^^


It's not too easy, not too hard, story makes sense (including the beginning).

I've gotta say, that easter egg in the apartment building made me jump the first time I saw it lol.


You've got a great map here, keep it up.

i didn't know how the map will be understand in english language ( the map was first in french ) , so thank you for your comment , i don't need to worry anymore.

Posted Image


#7

stratocrafteur

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

try it and you'll love it  :blink:

Posted Image


#8

NyanNeko
    NyanNeko

    Glowstone Miner

  • Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Location: New york
  • Minecraft: Cat348

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

What's the video supposed to be on the sign?
I cant make the link work
Posted Image
I Solve practical problems

#9

BobyTheBeast
  • Location: My survival island maps, of course!
  • Minecraft: BobyTheBeast

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Somehow I doubt that you've had 12000 downloads, as this post only has 250 views...
Hey did you know that I make music now?! Check it out! https://soundcloud.com/roy-raymus
Posted Image

#10

Bakufreak
  • Location: Denmark
  • Minecraft: Bakufreak

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostBobyTheBeast, on 31 January 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Somehow I doubt that you've had 12000 downloads, as this post only has 250 views...
^ this.

Posted Image


#11

failed101

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

Yeah, it's a little suspicious between the downloads and views. But nonetheless, i'll still try out this map

(BTW this looks AMAZING
Part time map reviewer/Part time lurker/Part time miner!

#12

ZzirLegend
  • Location: edmonton

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

I got some sort of a problem when I get to the front enterance idk wat to do from that point after that, I don't see any signs instructing me on where to go, Help?
Posted Image

#13

bnorton
    bnorton

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

This is incredible. I've only played ~20mins of it and I can tell this is going to be an awesome map.

Also, 250 views and 12k downloads, he said the French version was released before the English one.

Edit: Is this supposed to be played on any specific difficulty? I've kept it at peaceful because I don't want creepers blowing up the redstone.

#14

stratocrafteur

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostNormalneko4, on 31 January 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

What's the video supposed to be on the sign?
I cant make the link work

are you talking about the sign of the end of the map ?

View Postbnorton, on 31 January 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

This is incredible. I've only played ~20mins of it and I can tell this is going to be an awesome map.

Also, 250 views and 12k downloads, he said the French version was released before the English one.

Edit: Is this supposed to be played on any specific difficulty? I've kept it at peaceful because I don't want creepers blowing up the redstone.

hi , you're right , the french version of the map was downloaded 10k times.
play it in peaceful and please check the READ ME !! file

Posted Image


#15

stratocrafteur

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

View PostBobyTheBeast, on 31 January 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Somehow I doubt that you've had 12000 downloads, as this post only has 250 views...

hi,
the french version of this map had reviews on the most popular minecraft french-speaking web sites.
just type " map the tourist minecraft " on google and you'll find them.

View PostBakufreak, on 31 January 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

^ this.

please read above suspicious mind  ;)

View PostZzirLegend, on 31 January 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

I got some sort of a problem when I get to the front enterance idk wat to do from that point after that, I don't see any signs instructing me on where to go, Help?

there are "INFORMATIONS" signs next the entrance doors , may be you should read them ...

View Postfailed101, on 31 January 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

Yeah, it's a little suspicious between the downloads and views. But nonetheless, i'll still try out this map

(BTW this looks AMAZING

please , read above ...

Posted Image


#16

stratocrafteur

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

i must admit i was wrong , it is 13000 downloads today :P

Posted Image


#17

dasbuttocks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Stratocrafteur is amazing, this map looks completely beautiful, and we will be recording a playthrough of it later today.

And to anyone doubting the download count in the title, it is completely legitimate.

Posted Image


#18

dasbuttocks

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

This map is 100% amazing.

The scenery is beautiful.
The puzzles enjoyable.
The story is interesting and well integrated.
The length is noteworthy.

Everything this map does is wonderful, and this should be the standard that all mapmakers should be trying to meet.

Posted Image


#19

stratocrafteur

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

View Postdasbuttocks, on 04 February 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

This map is 100% amazing.

The scenery is beautiful.
The puzzles enjoyable.
The story is interesting and well integrated.
The length is noteworthy.

Everything this map does is wonderful, and this should be the standard that all mapmakers should be trying to meet.

thank you , it was such a hard thing to do ,so i'm glad you've enjoy it ...

Posted Image


#20

dasbuttocks

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Poststratocrafteur, on 04 February 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

thank you , it was such a hard thing to do ,so i'm glad you've enjoy it ...

We make no promises as to how long it will take to get videos up, but they're coming.

Posted Image