THIS MOD IS IN ALPHA STAGE NOW! Use it at your own risk!
Then Nexus and most upgrades won't work here!
The thread will also get a revamp to make stuff a lot more clean!
Here is my new tumblr blog. I'll post there my progress about my mods and some other stuff. Also you can ask me something. Check it out: http://sanandreasp.tumblr.com/
Small enough to hold in your hand, strong enough to rule the land!
Originally created by Kodaichi, further development by SanAndreasP and SilverChiren. You can find the original (discontinued) version of this mod here
If you look for additional stuff for this mod, like arenas, look at this thread, here
We decided to use Minecraft Forge for this mod just because of several hooks, more compatibility (infinite item sprites) and SMP compatibility without having hundreds of pre-requirements. Read the instructions linked below, all of it!
And deal with it.
IMPORTANT : Install the Manager pack listed in the pre-requirements and make sure it'll loaded before my mods! It's now needed for ALL of my mods (including this one)!
Also be sure you get the latest one! It is version 1.4.2!
Since the thread gets a revamp when it's fully finished, here are some links.
For having the old stuff from the thread, open the spoiler below!
The mod is in Alpha stage currently, due to a rewrite of core elements, and thus not all upgrades / items work! Please keep that in mind!
To download the Manager Pack (which is now a coremod), go here:
To download the mod itself (MC 1.6.2, ver 1.9.9alpha), click this link:
To see the new install instructions, read this PDF:
To have a list of currently working stuff, read this:
- Blaze Rod
- Shear Blades
- Recipes (probably)
- a new creative-only item (arena placer)
If you want to know something about this mod, you can post your request here or ask us in the #risucraft or #clayman IRC channel on Esper.net.
Why you aren't implement [insert suggestion here]?
We don't implement suggestions we think they're stupid or they're really hard to make! Here is a list of no-future-implements stuff:
- Make them controllable. Will never happen due to the insane amount of editing, coding and compatibility issues it would take.
- Add a block to make their homebase. Not adding new blocks. Nor changing behavior about any existing block.
- Add dragons. Give a soldier a pegasus and a fire charge. There's your dragon.
- Add obsidian armor/weapons/anything. Obsidian is too overpowered to be included on anything
- Add tanks/guns/planes. No modern stuff. Goes against the main theme of the mod.
- Make giant clay soldiers. The mod is about little toy-like soldiers. Not human-like soldiers.
- Make them get resources. Why would they want to get resources? Their objective is to fight, not mine stuff.
- Things that already exist or featuring stuff that is already used. Pretty self explanatory... things cannot be used twice. Don't ask for stuff that is already implemented and don't suggest new uses for items that already in use. Also look at the further posts to see what items are already being used in the next update.
- Things that have already been rejected several times. Seriously. Read the previous posts. Take a look at what has already been rejected. For example: Siege stuff, new buildings, fancy new mounts like dragons and elephants, etc.
- Fixing Minecraft related bugs. Would require editing the original game files, and it would make the mod less or non compatible with several other mods. (like the "snow-issue")
I've talked with Kodaichi about the OpenSource plan and he won't make it open source anymore! Sorry guys, but he says, that he don't want to flood the forum with endless Clay Soldiers clones.
We've experienced a lot of PMs in the last time so we want to say one thing: Please do not PM us if it has something to do with the Clay Soldiers Mod! Exceptions, where you can PM us, are following things:
- You made a video
- You have at least 5 suggestions to the mod
We really hope you enjoy this mod!
- new building system: support for user-made buildings and properties