Here is my new tumblr blog. I'll post there my progress about my mods and some other stuff. Also you can ask me something. Check it out: http://sanandreasp.tumblr.com/
Small enough to hold in your hand, strong enough to rule the land!
Originally created by Kodaichi, further development by SanAndreasP and SilverChiren. You can find the original (discontinued) version of this mod here
If you look for additional stuff for this mod, like arenas, look at this thread, here
We decided to use Minecraft Forge for this mod just because of several hooks, more compatibility (infinite item sprites) and SMP compatibility without having hundreds of pre-requirements. Read the instructions linked below, all of it!
And deal with it.
IMPORTANT : Install the Manager pack listed in the pre-requirements and make sure it'll loaded before my mods! It's now needed for ALL of my mods (including this one)!
Also be sure you get the latest one! It is version 1.4.2!
4. Screenshot of the Week
10. Planned Features
So you're probably wondering to yourself "A mod involving clay? No Way! I need all the grey goop I can get for my brick castle!" Well put those tried, burnt hands to rest for a second and think about this: What if you could create your own miniature army out of clay and stage the most epic battles imaginable in a space small enough to be your backyard? Now before you accuse us of being a madman, take a look at this mod. Read ahead through the thread, and you'll see just what kind of violent mayhem you can cause with just a few simple materials plucked right from the ground.
This mod is for the Minecraft ver. 1.5 / 1.5.1 / 1.5.2. Do not use this mod besides 1.5 / 1.5.1 / 1.5.2.You may use an older version for an older Minecraft, but we won't give support when you do this.
This mod needs some requirements to run properly:
- Latest Version of Minecraft -> 1.5 / 1.5.1 / 1.5.2
- My Manager pack - v1.4.2 -> Thread: LINK | Download: LINK
- Minecraft Forge 220.127.116.114 or higher: LINK
The new install instructions since v8 can be found here:
Configure the mod!
Yes, it is possible to configure the IDs for this mod in a text file! Here are the instructions:
Here's how it works: A clay soldier is an item you can hold in your hand. It is crafted using a clay block (for substance) and soulsand (for sustaining intelligent life). Specifically, one block of clay and one block of soulsand can be used to create four soldiers. Once you have a nice little pile in your hands (up to 16), right-click to place them all at once. They will quickly spread out and begin to roam the landscape. They walk slow and don't jump very high, but they have enough arm strength to climb up a single block. Unfortunately, since they lack a decent skeletal support structure (or even skin, for that matter), their delicate figures can be horribly mutilated by even the weakest of blows. A player can cripple a clay soldier in just a single punch. So naturally, they aren't hostile towards anything bigger than themselves. So, what in the world are they qualified to fight against? ...Other clay soldiers, of course!
Clay soldiers have a team-based mentality. They respect similar colors of their race, and treat their identical equals as brothers. But when colors other than grey come into play, things start to get a little bit more exciting! You can use red dye, blue dye, green dye, yellow dye, orange dye, pink dye, brown dye (cocoa beans) or purple dye to change the color of your soldiers, and then set them loose to start a fight! Grey soldiers are peaceful unless attacked, but all other colors will rush in for the kill without mercy! Their natural hatred towards members of a different spectrum allows for a lot of exciting events to take place in your Minecraft world. Build giant battlefields, arm your fortresses to the teeth, and let your soldiers transform the earth into a sea of crumbled clay!
...But then again, it's just a bunch of identical clay men, right? And there's nothing interesting about that, is there? If only there were some way to make things more interesting... OH WAIT, there is!
Following things in the spoiler are removed in v6! However, they are still there in previous versions:
arrows give feathers, book as infinite paper capes, break compatibility between iron ingot and lilly pants, glass panes or bottles for individual goggles, make parachuters not throw ranged attacks, fix pegasi dying to rider's attacks
Even with all of the new additions this time around, we decided we should take time to make some changes to old effects. Arrows now will provide not only a sharp stick, but also a feather. Books will provide infinate paper capes. Iron core soldiers will no longer float when wearing lilly pants. Glass panes and bottles will provide a single soldier with goggles. And ranged attacks now work as they should for parachuters and pegasus riders.
Also, we decided against easter eggs this time around. You might notice some small things, like colorful capes or lazy soldiers, these are intended, but way too common to consider easter eggs, and besides with them being mentioned here, they're only hidden to the jerks that don't read.
Pretty much just bugfixes this time around. We changed the nexus so that it will only read numbers between 1 and 500, with the exception of the no item chance which ranges from 0 to 500, and also added a box to set the hp of the nexus. Also, you now have to craft the shear blades from a pair
of shears, and give each blade to the soldier separately (reverseable: 2 blades crafts one pair of shears shears). Here is the complete changelog:
This time it's just an update to Minecraft 1.3.2, but it doesn't mean it's not awesome! This time we ported the mod to Multiplayer, so you can go in combat with / against your friends! That means, it's also automatically LAN compatible. Also we decided to go to Minecraft Forge due to extended possibillities. So we don't need countless prerequirements to make it multiplayer, have our own texture sheet, so we can add even more items and you can install even more mods! Unfortunately, due to limitations with packets, we had to decrease the max. value for the nexus options to 250, but that shouldn't be a problem.
- added new internal stuff that needn't warrent your immediate attention
- coal soldiers craftable out of charcoal as well as regular coal
- easter eggstension
- non-fruit turtles now immune to fire
- buffed blaze powder to 100 from 15
- sounds tweaked
- music repaired
- nexus now can distinguish between different mount sub-types
- placement rotations and animations fixed
- shear blade handling fixed
- lazy soldiers can now be lazy
- geckos no longer the only mount without a secret power
Horses, Pegasi, Turtles, Bunnies and Geckos:
Note: there is an endstone variant of the turtles, which is made with endstone and soul sand.
Note: there is a carrot variant of the horses and pegasi, which is made with carrots.
I have to edit the crafting images above.
Clay Disruptor, Clay Cookies and Clay Nexus:
An awesome Trailer by cherchell58:
An awesome Spotlight by DrPlaystation:
An awesome Showcase of v9 by EnigmaticMiner:
Hall Of Fame:
- fixed crash bug with turtles, bunnies and geckos
- fixed wrong rendering of firecharge and snowball entitiy throwables
- fixed shear blade pickup (soldiers will now pick up and "save" shear blades)
- updated to Minecraft 1.5
- Usage of the new "runtime-deobf" Forge feature, means that the mod will work after an MC update most likely
- Added Manager Pack check which gives you an info box rather than a crash if the Manager Pack isn't installed or outdated.
- TNT block provides endless gunpowder upgrade
- updated for Minecraft 1.4.6
- added crafting recipes for single pumpkin / melon soldier (gray soldier + pumpkin / melon seeds)
- some more easter eggs
- Potions are no longer applicable on the nexus
- Fixed crash when pegasi die
- fixed nexus destroyed when hit by instant damage potion
- added new item: brick lump
- Soldiers will drop these instead of regular bricks to prevent picking up by others during battle
- They can be crafted (back) into regular bricks
- Soldiers will drop these instead of regular bricks to prevent picking up by others during battle
- Usage of the Forge entity registration - never occupying vanilla entity IDs again!
- fixed crash bug related to occupied dataWatcher ID
- updated to Minecraft 1.4.4
- fixed crash bug when spawning horses from the nexus
- fixed crash bug when soldier tries to swing its arm
- fixed crash bug whilst shift-clicking in nexus
- added support for shift-clicking in nexus (will be further extended in the future)
- added carrot horse recipe
- fixed hidden carrot horse in the creative GUI
- add Creative Tab for Clay Soldiers (incl. custom background)
- add new Config and Language Manager
- fix: make coal soldiers craftable with charcoal
- gave passive fire immunity to all non-fruit based turtles
- buff blaze powder attacks to deal 100 damage to diamond soldiers, up from 15
- change corrupt sound to zombie
- idle sound added for corrupt soldiers
- fix: music disks not playing music
- make neutral mount/companion nexus detect type, so that a max 15 dirt horse spawner will work even if there are 30 sand horses around
- rotation fixed on the nexus (it won't have a random rotation after placing anymore)
- arm swinging on soldiers works again
- bricks give motionless core to disable knockback on self and disable movement
- string as a core, incompatible with only iron ingot, resists one explosion (will still allow the soldier to ride a mount, use a feather, or float with pants)
- fix: shear blades being held in wrong hand
- wheat seeds make the soldier not become a zombie when killed by zombies
- Geckos are no longer the only mount without a secret ability
- repaired camouflaged effect on soldiers with eggs
You can download the mod here:
MC 1.5 / 1.5.1 - v. 9.1.1: Download
To support this mod, add one of these banner to your signature!
Banner made by Kodaichi:
Banner made by nicknick111. Sent to me by Labman47:
Achievement banner small*:
*Achievement Banners by http://mag.racked.eu
If you want to know something about this mod, you can post your request here or ask us in the #risucraft or #clayman IRC channel on Esper.net.
Why you aren't implement [insert suggestion here]?
We don't implement suggestions we think they're stupid or they're really hard to make! Here is a list of no-future-implements stuff:
- Make them controllable. Will never happen due to the insane amount of editing, coding and compatibility issues it would take.
- Add a block to make their homebase. Not adding new blocks. Nor changing behavior about any existing block.
- Add dragons. Give a soldier a pegasus and a fire charge. There's your dragon.
- Add obsidian armor/weapons/anything. Obsidian is too overpowered to be included on anything
- Add tanks/guns/planes. No modern stuff. Goes against the main theme of the mod.
- Make giant clay soldiers. The mod is about little toy-like soldiers. Not human-like soldiers.
- Make them get resources. Why would they want to get resources? Their objective is to fight, not mine stuff.
- Things that already exist or featuring stuff that is already used. Pretty self explanatory... things cannot be used twice. Don't ask for stuff that is already implemented and don't suggest new uses for items that already in use. Also look at the further posts to see what items are already being used in the next update.
- Things that have already been rejected several times. Seriously. Read the previous posts. Take a look at what has already been rejected. For example: Siege stuff, new buildings, fancy new mounts like dragons and elephants, etc.
- Fixing Minecraft related bugs. Would require editing the original game files, and it would make the mod less or non compatible with several other mods. (like the "snow-issue")
I've talked with Kodaichi about the OpenSource plan and he won't make it open source anymore! Sorry guys, but he says, that he don't want to flood the forum with endless Clay Soldiers clones.
We've experienced a lot of PMs in the last time so we want to say one thing: Please do not PM us if it has something to do with the Clay Soldiers Mod! Exceptions, where you can PM us, are following things:
- You made a video
- You have at least 5 suggestions to the mod
We really hope you enjoy this mod!
- new building system: support for user-made buildings and properties