• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Spawn egg IDs for custom maps

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Spawn egg IDs for custom maps (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a great idea for custom maps?

1. Yes (46 votes [97.87%])

Percentage of vote: 97.87%

2. No (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

Are you going to use this in one of your maps?

1. Yes (32 votes [86.49%])

Percentage of vote: 86.49%

2. No (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

Do you think this great idea shouldn't be removed from the game?

1. Yes (21 votes [95.45%])

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

2. No (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Minecraft: eti33

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Spawn egg IDs for custom maps

Such a shame this doesn't work anymore, because Mojang removed this feature. Answer the poll if you think this shouldn't be removed! And I hope sometimes someone from Mojang sees this and put it right back into the game!

I just found a way to create all sorts of things with mob eggs. You must have something to get it, like SinglePlayerCommands, becuase it isn't in your creative inventory.
I couldn't find anyone saying this on the internet, so I thought I'd mention it. *edit* It seems this was once mentioned on the Vechs topic for a little while.

The command in SinglePlayerCommands for getting mob eggs is:

/i 383 [amount] [ID]

In the newest weekly snaphot you can shoot the eggs out of dispensers and it spawns the mob (or something else I will mention later). But you can't use this in just the 1.1 version.

You can use several IDs that aren't really in the game. So I'm not mentioning the IDs for mobs, becuase you can just get them with creative mode. Here they are:

2 : This one spawns experience orbs. If you hook up a dispenser (in the newest snapshot) with a rapid fire pulse. The only thing is, I heard you won't get any exp, it is just the sprite of the exp orb. So this isn't really good for custom maps.

9 : Don't do this. It is a spawn egg for paintings, but it just crashes Minecraft!

10 : This spawns arrows. The arrow will only spawn when placed on a wall, but the arrow will just fall straight down. This isn't really convenient, but maybe you can use it.

11 : This spawns snowballs. It's just like arrows, you can only place them on walls, but then they will drop and dissapear. You can use this for snowing or something.

14 : This spawns enderpearls. The same as arrows and snowballs, but I can't think of a good idea for this.

15 : This spawns an eye of ender. You can place it anywhere, but it will just go to the stronghold and then it disappears or you'll get it back.

20: This spawn TNT. When you place it (or shoot it with a dispenser in the newest snapshot) you will get an explosion. This is just great for custom maps!

40 : This spawns a minecart. You can place it just on the ground, so you don't need rails. This can be really convenient for custom maps.

41 : This spawns a boat. Just like the minecart, you can place it on the ground.

53 : This spawns a giant. This isn't a real mob you can get when playing Minecraft, but they are just huge zombies. These monsters can be good in dungeons of custom maps.

63 : This spawns an enderdragon. I don't really think this is convenient on the overworld, because it just destroys everything. It can be conventient in the end for like a boss battle, but with 5 enderdragons.

97 : This spawns a snow golem. This is just good for custom maps Posted Image So you don't have to build three blocks. Now you can just spawn one!

200 : This is an endercrystal. This thing is that exploding thing on top of the obisidan towers in the end you have to destroy before owning the enderdragon.

So this is the full short list of the IDs:

2 = exp. orb
10 = arrow
11 = snowball
14 = enderpearl
15 = eye of ender
20 = explosion
40 = minecart
41 = boat
53 = giant
63 = enderdragon
97 = snow golem
200 = endercrystal

I hope I helped a lot of custom map makers to improve custom maps!

I'm making a good custom map (WIP) myself. If you want to check it out, link is in the banner.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Just added a poll!
Posted Image

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

Just leave a comment if you have some awesome ideas!
Posted Image

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Even BTC (BlameTheController) a great custom map maker, found this list convenient :D
Posted Image

brianbloke

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm on 1.1 yet the Experience Orbs aren't getting shot out on my rapid fire.

teenspirit7
  • Minecraft: teenspirit7

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Don't think this works on 1.1 anymore... Which is a shame. Specially not on server ):

Posted Image

Zlix
    Zlix

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Minecraft: Olix27

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Posteti33, on 22 January 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

I couldn't find anyone saying this on the internet, so I thought I'd mention it.
Actually, these mob egg codes have been on Vech's Super Hostile thread for a little bit, but it is definitely good to have an easy to read list of functions and codes! Thanks!

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postbrianbloke, on 23 January 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

I'm on 1.1 yet the Experience Orbs aren't getting shot out on my rapid fire.

As I mentioned, they only get shot out in the newest snapshot (or the newest prerelease). Which, I think, was like 12w0a or something. So you can't shoot any mob eggs out dispensers on 1.1!!!

View Postteenspirit7, on 25 January 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Don't think this works on 1.1 anymore... Which is a shame. Specially not on server ):

It does work with SPC in 1.1 I was playing with mob eggs in 1.1 and then I found all those IDs.

Just added a full, but short list, of the IDs!
Posted Image

Arabus
    Arabus

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Minecraft: Arabus80

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

not sure if epic or just useless...

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

bump
Posted Image

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostArabus, on 26 January 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

not sure if epic or just useless...
It is just useless if you're not making a custom map, but if you do make one, it ben be very epic sometimes!
Posted Image

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

In the next real update (Minecraft 1.2) there will be a bottle o' enchanting (This has already been implemented in one of the snapshots). This will give the player experience orbs when thrown. So the egg with exp. orbs isn't really needed anymore.
Posted Image

Spiderduck343

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I was looking for something like this. Thank you for the list I'll use IDs in my costum map if I may :)

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostSpiderduck343, on 16 February 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I was looking for something like this. Thank you for the list I'll use IDs in my costum map if I may :)
Of course you may use it! I'd like a lot of custom maps with these things, because i think they will improve a lot of custom maps.
Posted Image

eti33
    eti33

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Just added another poll!
Posted Image

KittenAqua

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

It hates me too much to want to work... they used to work for me, but in one of the snapshots, I think 12w04a, this all stopped working. I could easily get the egg, but it wouldn't spawn anything.

However, if it works for anyone else, 99 should spawn the iron golem in the new snapshot.
Top hats are the best.

AzzaAp
    AzzaAp

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: AzzaAP

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

This was broken by the 1.2 update. Damn you Jeb!

karstvgl
  • Minecraft: karstvgl

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I cant place the eggs :(, i mean that things that come out
Posted Image

planetfall666
  • Location: That one place with that one thing that had that one thing one time
  • Minecraft: planetfall666

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Jeb, Y U do this to us?
Posted Image

A Baby Sheep
  • Minecraft: tylergarynoahcox

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Jeb broke this? GOSH FRICKEN DARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (185472934 Years Later) RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!