However, the one thing that Jeb is extraordinary at is that he actually adds things that people want. Take the ladder "fix" for example. People didn't like the ladder-hitbox loss, so Jeb simply re-added it again. If Notch was still working on Minecraft, he would have probably added some glitchy useless feature that nobody cares about(like swamps) instead. Whenever Jeb adds something, you are always saying "shit, that is AWESOME!" I mean, look at the new jungle biomes! They are beautiful!
All in all, Jeb is turning Minecraft back into the user-driven, fun game that it was back in alpha. And the transition is amazing.
Okay, so after a while I have found opinions on this thread all over the spectrum of possibilities. Here are the most popular opinions:
- Jeb doesn't deserve credit at all, this is Notch's baby.
- Jeb helped, but Notch is and was more helpful for Minecraft because he started the project.
- Jeb and Notch have contributed to Minecraft equally.
- Jeb is better for Minecraft than Notch because he listens to the community.
- Jeb is better for Minecraft than Notch because he is a more efficient coder.
- Jeb is better than Notch for Minecraft in every way.
- It is honestly too early to tell. We should wait an update or two before we jump to conclusions.
- Notch was better back in Alpha, but Jeb is better now that Minecraft is in a polish stage.
To help get a better knowledge of public opinion on the topic, I have created a poll in this thread for the aforementioned opinions. Hopefully we will get an interesting statistic on the Hardcore Minecraft community!