Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Mech Mod

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

The Mech Mod!

Hello, this is Nerdicus Ultimus. I'm announcing a mod that I am working on, that is basically a mech mod. Yes, I know that there is the BattleTech mod also in progress, but I am doing this as a challenge to myself, and also just want to get a good mod out there. There will be anywhere from a month to a year to the first release, and even that will be just a mech that you ride in; no jump jets, no weapons, nada. About a month after that, hopefully, jump jets will be added. After that, weapons, and exosuits. The mechs will be 6 blocks tall. Please give any comments, ideas, or questions! Posted Image Thanks! By the way, Veronax is making the art. Edit: by the way, I am now working with AlternateLives on HIS Mech mod, but this is still definitely in development! New edit: here's a link to the current progress. Here you go! https://sourceforge.....4.zip/download It's nothing much. So far, it's been tested to work with 1.2.4, but it MAY work with 1.2.5. Try it out and tell me! Basically, the mech right now is just a human shaped animal that you ride on. No controls, no weapons, NOTHING. That's my next step: controls. A crafting list will pop along later, as there is a more main release.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

spaminacanbythedram

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

This looks pretty cool, i'll keep an eye on it

Edited by jamolnng, 20 April 2012 - 01:59 AM.

may God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't~General George Patton                                                    
Posted Image

Egon
    Egon

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 743 posts
  • Minecraft: JeSuisNerd

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

I have to leave in a sec, but I have time to answer your last question there that I glanced at.

Find ModLoader, download it (it's on the forums).  By default, it comes with an "HD textures" option that you just have to check, then it patches minecraft.jar for you.  Works for using texture packs of any other resolution as well.
Posted Image<---  Finally complete!

spaminacanbythedram

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

This comment made null by the post above me, all it said was "idk"
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostEgon, on 20 January 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

I have to leave in a sec, but I have time to answer your last question there that I glanced at.

Find ModLoader, download it (it's on the forums).  By default, it comes with an "HD textures" option that you just have to check, then it patches minecraft.jar for you.  Works for using texture packs of any other resolution as well.

Where do you find the "HD textures" option? I've looked it up, but no success. It IS a modloader mod, anyways.
Posted Image

xXhodeb
    xXhodeb

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

i think he means "mc patcher"
Posted Image
LUK AT MI MAWDS THEY KEWL ARIGTE? MMK :D

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostxXhodeb, on 20 January 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ah. I've seen THAT a lot, though. Thank you!
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostxXhodeb, on 20 January 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Actually, need help using that with MCP. I'm using 1.0.0 with MCP, and am coding in 1.0.0. Could I get help with that? Perhaps a video of using it with modloader for high-res textures?
Posted Image

spaminacanbythedram

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostNerdicusUltimus, on 20 January 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Actually, need help using that with MCP. I'm using 1.0.0 with MCP, and am coding in 1.0.0. Could I get help with that? Perhaps a video of using it with modloader for high-res textures?

I think you can just get the 1.0.0 version of MCpatcher, Google it
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postspaminacanbythedram, on 20 January 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

I think you can just get the 1.0.0 version of MCpatcher, Google it
Did that, but how do you get it to use the MCP jar file, instead of the default one? I want to see it while I'm testing the code that I write!
Posted Image

spaminacanbythedram

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostNerdicusUltimus, on 20 January 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Did that, but how do you get it to use the MCP jar file, instead of the default one? I want to see it while I'm testing the code that I write!

I guess just patch the .jar and then decompile it?

Im not sure, I'm still really novice at modding and MCP in general
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postspaminacanbythedram, on 20 January 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

I guess just patch the .jar and then decompile it?

Im not sure, I'm still really novice at modding and MCP in general
Mmm! Never thought of that! Thank you SO MUCH! Will try in a moment.
Posted Image

Veronax
    Veronax

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

hello! well this topic got a lot of responses fast. Anyways the introduction. I'm Veronax, I'm Ultimus' partner in this mod. I'll be doing textures ideas and whatnot. This is our first mod we are going full on to do. We've tried making a elemental mod but that didn't really take off. anyways i hope this will make the Minecraft game play more interesting. Hope you enjoy! :)
╤○╤ - ghast face

xXhodeb
    xXhodeb

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

if the decompiling a patched jar part didnt work.

try searching for java decompilers or JAD and decompile the MC Patcher files and load them into eclipse. just be sure to delete them when u release the mod
Posted Image
LUK AT MI MAWDS THEY KEWL ARIGTE? MMK :D

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostVeronax, on 20 January 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

hello! well this topic got a lot of responses fast. Anyways the introduction. I'm Veronax, I'm Ultimus' partner in this mod. I'll be doing textures ideas and whatnot. This is our first mod we are going full on to do. We've tried making a elemental mod but that didn't really take off. anyways i hope this will make the Minecraft game play more interesting. Hope you enjoy! :)
wat he said is true (yes, i just threw spelling out the window). He made the really epic icons. Thanks a lot, Veronax! I'll be off for about 10 minutes practicing my band (nudge nudge, Veronax!)
Posted Image

Egon
    Egon

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 743 posts
  • Minecraft: JeSuisNerd

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey, a late reply from me!  Yes, I meant MCPatcher, sorry for that stupid mistake.
Posted Image<---  Finally complete!

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Tanks alot, people!
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hello, Spam! When is your FutureCraft mod going to be done? I think it would work great with the mech mod! Imagine, a Mech DROPSHIP! Wreaking havoc on enemy bases!
Posted Image

NerdicusUltimus

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello, to anybody who is still reading this topic! It is going fine, but I'm at a tough spot. If anybody knows how to receive player input and turn that in to movement, please reply on http://www.minecraft...put-and-forces/! Thanks!
(BUMP)
Posted Image

Mozilick
    Mozilick

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Minecraft: mozilick

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Looks great.  Will definitely be watching this.

http://gpxplus.net/user/mozilick

Pokemon hatching site...Need I say more?

Posted Image