Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Enable teleporting for all players

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

boobjob12
  • Minecraft: boobjob12

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have a 1.1 bukkit server and was wondering, how do you enable teleporting for all players (not just ops)? (if possible)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Survivzor

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

The only way in a vanilla server is to make them OPs. If you install bukkit you could give everybody the 'bukkit.command.teleport' perm node.

View Postrch, on 24 March 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I use my shoe temporary Minecraft window sponge.

JeroenFM
  • Minecraft: JeroenFM

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostSurvivzor, on 20 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

The only way in a vanilla server is to make them OPs. If you install bukkit you could give everybody the 'bukkit.command.teleport' perm node.

Doesn't that also give them permissions to teleport others to them? Great way to grief: just stand next to a lava pool and teleport people to your position.

Survivzor

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Correct. There is no bukkit permission on its own that solely allows users to teleport to other people. The basic TP command doesn't provide this distinction.

You would have to use a different plugin if you wanted to change how TP works.

View Postrch, on 24 March 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I use my shoe temporary Minecraft window sponge.

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8739 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Well since he said it's a bukkit server, you could try getting permissions and assigning teleport to the default group. If you really like to keep it vanilla, don't make more than a default group in permissions :lol:

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image

boobjob12
  • Minecraft: boobjob12

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostJeroenFM, on 20 January 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

Doesn't that also give them permissions to teleport others to them? Great way to grief: just stand next to a lava pool and teleport people to your position.

The server is actually just for me and a couple friends, and I want to let them teleport without making them all ops. I trust that they won't be that evil :)

View PostSurvivzor, on 20 January 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Do I need to install a permissions plugin to do this? Or can I edit either the permissions.yml file or the config.yml in the Essentials folder?
Posted Image

Rogue
    Rogue

Gambrinous

• Forum Admin
  • Curse Premium
  • 8739 posts
  • Minecraft: Rogue
  • Xbox:RogueMurder

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

As far as I know you can use the permissions.yml, although I have never gone about doing this.

Quote my post to make sure I see your reply - MCF Hosting CoordinatorPosted Image