Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Has Gotten Boring


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

Minecraft has Gotten boring! Yes I have tried it all, I've made new worlds everyday since I finish em get like Thirty Diamonds and built everything! Mansions, Skyscrapers, Houses, Hovels etc etc.. Even huge complex Mineshaft's which are just boring considering the fact that I love building Mineshafts (I know weird huh?) It seems to me that Minecraft is the same ol' repetive bullshit you see like "Call of Duty" And yes.. I've been playing Minecraft since Survival Test, I love Minecraft don't get me wrong it's just it's the same Ol' Process like I said. And I don't like that, Sure you can try something new but once that's over then your looking for something else new to Do.. I'm pretty much done with Minecraft But I can't get away from it (How Ironic) It's a game I still want to play yet, It does not amuse me nor scare me! I'm pretty sure I've just laid out the Kibbly Cat for the Trolls. Ahem.. (u nobob play lezz cod and play more minecreaft m0dz ftw!11!) So I just want to ask if any of you guys have any Idea's I can do! Like Mods.. Aether I want to try but never got a chance (1.7.3) And now it's 1.1. Finding Diamonds is like finding Coal, back in Alpha once I found Coal I neally cried from joy! (Since they where rare o' fuck back then) Okay I'll wrap it up! Sorry if there is Grammar/Spelling mistakes English is not my First Language ^.^ Thank you guys! And Leave your ideas and Opinions on my point.

ImadLeRider  :--+:
Crafting since June 2010!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

X8xScoutx8X
  • Minecraft: X8xScoutx8X

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

I'm an Alpha player too.
The games has gotten waaaaaaay to easy, and there's no punishment.
The worst that can happen is you fall in Lava, which most of the time is accidental.

Charcoal made the game easy as hell
When they doubled the durability on all tools and items, it also made it easy as hell.

Everything has just gotten easy, there's no challenge anymore.

When I hit this point, I tried this. It adds so much more to Minecraft, but it's not unrealistic like BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft. It's also pretty hard, especially if you try to play without using the wiki.

If that doesn't appeal to you, a different game would be the best option.

#3

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostX8xScoutx8X, on 18 January 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

I'm an Alpha player too.
The games has gotten waaaaaaay to easy, and there's no punishment.
The worst that can happen is you fall in Lava, which most of the time is accidental.

Charcoal made the game easy as hell
When they doubled the durability on all tools and items, it also made it easy as hell.

Everything has just gotten easy, there's no challenge anymore.

When I hit this point, I tried this. It adds so much more to Minecraft, but it's not unrealistic like BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft. It's also pretty hard, especially if you try to play without using the wiki.

If that doesn't appeal to you, a different game would be the best option.


Yes I completely agree with you, Better Then Wolves is good Yes. And I might give it a download soon! Thanks for the quick Reply! Hopefully, this will give me 10 More minutes of gameplay lol! OH AND! Yeah, the game is way to easy now.
Crafting since June 2010!

#4

Dirtyn33dl3z
  • Location: In hell, for what I did yesterday...
  • Minecraft: D3YD

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

Lol, comic sans . I dont have any solutions but after 1.0 was released I got a bunch of ideas! I dont play MC as much but I'll play it often.
Posted Image
My official counter: Faith in humanity = -9 (Because of BuildSmash)

#5

Possomtail
  • Location: NZ
  • Minecraft: Possomtail

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Play a different game, or downgrade minecraft.
Posted Image

#6

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostDirtyn33dl3z, on 18 January 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

Lol, comic sans . I dont have any solutions but after 1.0 was released I got a bunch of ideas! I dont play MC as much but I'll play it often.

Got a Problem with it huh? xD

View PostPossomtail, on 18 January 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

Play a different game, or downgrade minecraft.

It would still be the same.. And If you read my topic it says "I can't get away from it".
Crafting since June 2010!

#7

Wayuki
    Wayuki

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 953 posts
  • Location: Kuala Lumpur
  • Minecraft: Wayuki

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

If the vanilla game has gotten boring for you, and you're not sure what to download...

You could ofcourse make your own texture pack! Especially if you don't know how to make textures yet! It'll be a great opportunity to learn, and it will keep you busy for a while.  :)
Posted Image

#8

lost_artz
  • Location: Washington
  • Minecraft: lostartz

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

Finish all of the Super Hostile Maps or make a new world on Hardcore mode :D

#9

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostWayuki, on 18 January 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

If the vanilla game has gotten boring for you, and you're not sure what to download...

You could ofcourse make your own texture pack! Especially if you don't know how to make textures yet! It'll be a great opportunity to learn, and it will keep you busy for a while.  :)


Thank you for the Idea! I have tried that Idea and I suck at Pixel art  :P Yet I'll try again soon, and hope I get better ;)

View Postlost_artz, on 18 January 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Finish all of the Super Hostile Maps or make a new world on Hardcore mode :D

I have done that with my friends on Multiplayer :P
Crafting since June 2010!

#10

SilentStrike
  • Location: The Creeper Land (training them to blow you)
  • Minecraft: Tibi

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

Try some challenges from the forum, like hardcore superflat, and you always could try a creative server with some friends, or a PVP server
Posted Image [SSSS]

#11

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

View PostSilentStrike, on 18 January 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Try some challenges from the forum, like hardcore superflat, and you always could try a creative server with some friends, or a PVP server

Oh you would not believe how many times I've been on servers! But thanks for the Idea of Challanges should withstand me a couple of days :P
Crafting since June 2010!

#12

StephennJF
  • Location: Australia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

I still love playing it. Playing with people you know and have them all in a Skype call can make it awesome!  :)
Check out my channel to see the redstone creations I come up with. Electrical Engineer = Redstone Engineer  :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/StephennJF

#13

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostStephennJF, on 18 January 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

I still love playing it. Playing with people you know and have them all in a Skype call can make it awesome!  :)

I know! So Fun on Skype with friends!
Crafting since June 2010!

#14

mecas
    mecas

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: mecas
  • Xbox:xboxcasbas

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

Ive been playing since beta 1.2 , when it just turned beta. Back then you actually built a castle for protection against zombies and not just for the looks of it. That was the first thing that appealed to me from minecraft, but now with the hunger bar thatsnot needed anymore :(

#15

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

View Postmecas, on 18 January 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Ive been playing since beta 1.2 , when it just turned beta. Back then you actually built a castle for protection against zombies and not just for the looks of it. That was the first thing that appealed to me from minecraft, but now with the hunger bar thatsnot needed anymore :(

Yes, That's one of my reasons that I forgot to add! I loved about Minecraft how you built your bases to make you feel safe!
Crafting since June 2010!

#16

Zakristone
  • Location: I come; I go

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Go to the government and ask for a brainwash. Tell them to wipe all of your experience of Minecraft.

Then come back to Minecraft and drool at the fascinating stuff you've never seen before.

#17

ImadLeRider
  • Location: My Purple Room
  • Minecraft: imadrider

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostZakristone, on 18 January 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Go to the government and ask for a brainwash. Tell them to wipe all of your experience of Minecraft.

Then come back to Minecraft and drool at the fascinating stuff you've never seen before.

I wish that I could but it would cost me $10000.  :iapprove:
Crafting since June 2010!

#18

MrCai
    MrCai

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

If you are bored of the game, play something else, and revisit when the feeling takes you.  Multiplayer is what you make of it, when you make a city, or even just work on a single project, with friends the entire experiance it alot more fun.  You get out what you put in i suppose
Posted Image

#19

Blackwind
    Blackwind

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2114 posts
  • Minecraft: Blackwind

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

Stop playing for a month, in the meanwhile play other games or if you really have to watch a whole series of Lets Plays, I suggest Coe's Quest.

MichaeljMM79 said:

Talent didn't go anywhere, it just gets lost in all the noise. You have to find it.

http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=640

#20

RobinHood3000

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Like Blackwind said, take a break.  Minecraft's gameplay emerges from the interaction between the player and the mechanics.  It provides elements that you combine to create your own fun.  It's up to you to play it in such a way that it's fun for you.

And if it's not fun for you, but you still feel compelled to play it, then you may be approaching a clinical definition of addiction.  Food for thought.