1168 replies to this topic

BlimpAtomic

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostEddieV, on 18 January 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Posted Image
UPDATED FOR MINECRAFT 1.1
Version 1.2
Requires: ModLoader 1.1 AudioMod 1.1 CustomMobSpawner v1.4

Chococraft is a mod that adds a new mob to Minecraft - Chocobos.
The Chocobos can be tamed, saddled, ridden and even bred, and come in various colors.

Download: ChocoCraft 1.2
ChocoCraft 1.2 (mirror)

This is my first mod, so please be gentle :)
If you'd like to support the art (and the artist), you can generously send a donation via Paypal.
Posted Image

VIDEOS:

Spoiler:

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

DETAILS:

Chocobos and their behaviour:
Spoiler:

Items and Blocks:
Spoiler:

Recipes:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

NOTES:

Known Issues and Bugs:
Spoiler:

Config File:
Spoiler:

Ideas for Future Development:
Spoiler:

How to Install:
Spoiler:

Acknowledgments:
Spoiler:

Banner/Sig:
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/952372-chococraft-10-mc-11-chocobos/"][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/105tc9e.jpg[/img][/url]
They are so cute!

Register or log in to remove.

JakeZKAM
  • Minecraft: JakeZKAM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Love the mod, i just wish the chocobos were A. Smarter (like more commands) and B. bigger (they're so small in comparison to my character. they should be 3 or 2.5 blocks high and a bit longer) but thats just my opinion :D keep up the good work!

DjGyarados
  • Minecraft: DjGyarados
  • Xbox:Portugal IV

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostJakeZKAM, on 19 February 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Love the mod, i just wish the chocobos were A. Smarter (like more commands) and B. bigger (they're so small in comparison to my character. they should be 3 or 2.5 blocks high and a bit longer) but thats just my opinion :D keep up the good work!
They already made a new, bigger and better model. It's going to be implemented soon.
Posted Image

Sigia
    Sigia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

View Postpercy795, on 19 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

OMG i can't find 1 freaking feather, just how rare are they supposed to be?!
Chocobos drop them like chickens lay eggs. I often times end up camping while waiting. I call it "Feather camping". It's where you get a handful of Chocobo and put them in an enclosed place, then sit in the middle while doing things in other windows.
Posted Image

Gaelstrom
  • Minecraft: Gaelstrom

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

How man Indices does this use? Terrain and item, because I do want to add this to my mod experience, but I'm running out of space for it.

EddieV
    EddieV

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Minecraft: SirEdeonX

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

View Postgaldiir, on 19 February 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

you should add the chocobo lady from ff 13-2...

Choco-boco-liina!!!!! >.< she's annoying lol

Fudgy Fetus
  • Minecraft: Fudgy_Fetus

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

So... anyone wanna share pictures of their farms? :D
Posted Image

Rhymane Flameheart

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostFudgy Fetus, on 19 February 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

I will when I have one, but I'm waiting on the spawn rate update before going on my main game to prevent further crop damage to my wheat/melon farm. Once that happens and once I actually begin to farm chocos, then I'll post a pic or two.
I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...

aspade01
  • Minecraft: aspade_01

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostRhymane Flameheart, on 19 February 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

I will when I have one, but I'm waiting on the spawn rate update before going on my main game to prevent further crop damage to my wheat/melon farm. Once that happens and once I actually begin to farm chocos, then I'll post a pic or two.
You can just lower the max chocobo's in the config file. I lowered mine to 10 and its a lot better.

I have one question. Is it possible you could make it were when you are flying on a chocobo that your head doesn't go into the blocks above you? I have to be very careful with my golden chocobo. Its very hard to control in tight spots because its so fast.

nhg1
    nhg1

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostEddieV, on 19 February 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

well of course she is she is from the stupid ff13 series they shouldnt even have the name of final fantasy

firas333
    firas333

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Proof that ff13/13-2 are inferior IMHO, the ff6 to ff10 I actually played from start to end with no pauses(as in didn't play other games, not that I didn't do other stuff :P).
Also, they seem to be milking it too much, like with the from start dlc, 5 day dlc, 3 week dlc...... and chocolina, seriously the most annoying ff char ever <_<

Kelemvore
  • Minecraft: elxist
  • Xbox:Demonoid74

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

you should add the chocobo lady from ff 13-2...

Yes , if you do put her in the game , I will build a cannon from my weapon mod , and shoot her with it!

Choco-boco-KABOOM!!!
Posted Image

aliencomander

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Chocolina is what happens when a 4th generation inbred comites beastiality with a chocobo and the baby is born with a SERVERE mental condition :P

user_316165
  • Minecraft: Choomby

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostSigia, on 19 February 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

Chocobos drop them like chickens lay eggs. I often times end up camping while waiting. I call it "Feather camping". It's where you get a handful of Chocobo and put them in an enclosed place, then sit in the middle while doing things in other windows.

I used to do this, but the noise... dear gods, the noise x.x
Mod ideas in my profile info! Send me a message or post in one of the threads if you're interested.
To touch Divinity, one must first be prepared to brave reality.

aspade01
  • Minecraft: aspade_01

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

I thought I was the only one who didn't like FF13. I even bought the FF13 360. Played it one day... its been collecting dust ever since. I've never even heard of Chocolina and I've owned FF13 since the midnight release.

I've spent hundreds of hours, not even collectively... individually, on FF 7-10.
My favorite to date is 7. Not because of the materia, the awesome characters, the awesome side quests... no none of these. I loved FF7 because of the Chocobo breeding.
Did I mention thank you for an awesome mod.

Gainspipr

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

How do i make them stay put? xD They...Just...Wont..
I tamed about 10 of them now i want them in their respective places in their barn.

Posted Image
Playing Better Than Wolves? Want it to be more sexy than it already is? Use this! Sphax-Style Better Than Wolves

firas333
    firas333

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostGainspipr, on 19 February 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

How do i make them stay put? xD They...Just...Wont..
I tamed about 10 of them now i want them in their respective places in their barn.
Only the saddled ones stay in place :S, and the saddled can't be told to walk freely unless you free then retame them.

Gainspipr

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postfiras333, on 19 February 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Only the saddled ones stay in place :S, and the saddled can't be told to walk freely unless you free then retame them.
Well that... sucks quite a bit. xD
Having that in mind, how about a Choco Rope? Allowing users to Tie Chocobos to Trees ,Fences. \
And they can walk freely around the place that they are tied too. (about 5-15 Radius?) And allowing to be tied to multiple places so that they stay where they are. :D

Posted Image
Playing Better Than Wolves? Want it to be more sexy than it already is? Use this! Sphax-Style Better Than Wolves

Rhymane Flameheart

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postaspade01, on 19 February 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

You can just lower the max chocobo's in the config file. I lowered mine to 10 and its a lot better.

No, the max chocos in the config file doesn't work yet, that's precisely what I was meaning in my post. Eddy had confirmed that as yet that stat does nothing, and no matter how you adjust it it will have no affect on spawn rates.

That's what I said in my post - I'm waiting for that option to become available, because right now I'm getting 50 or more chocos a time on my screen and they're all trampling my crops, even though I set the config file to just 5.
I used to be a console gamer. Then Xbox One and PS4 came out. Now I'm a PC gamer.
Minecraft - the only game in the world where you can dig out a pile of gravel with a roast chicken...

Sigia
    Sigia

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostFudgy Fetus, on 19 February 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Sadly, I've been too busy building up my mod to actually play MineCraft. :Skeleton: But that will changed after ChocoCraft's update.

View Postfiras333, on 19 February 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Did you know, if you hold the Chocobo Feather, you can make a saddled Chocobo follow you if you right click it an make it stay again with another right click?
Posted Image