UPDATED FOR MINECRAFT 1.1
Requires: ModLoader 1.1 AudioMod 1.1 CustomMobSpawner v1.4
Chococraft is a mod that adds a new mob to Minecraft - Chocobos.
The Chocobos can be tamed, saddled, ridden and even bred, and come in various colors.
Download: ChocoCraft 1.2
ChocoCraft 1.2 (mirror)
Thanks to rsmalec
Thanks to InTheLittleWood
Thanks to Revolver0125
- Added Chocobo Abilities
- Added a new type of Chocobo - the Purple Chocobo
- The Purple Chocobo spawns only in the Nether
- Breeding a Purple Chocobo with one of any other color, will make the Purple Chocobo behave as a normal yellow one
- Breeding two Purple Chocobos will drop a Nether Chocobo Egg
- Nether Chocobo Eggs will hatch into a Purple Chicobo when thrown.
- Adjusted the speed of the chocobos due to the introduction of abilities.
- The rider of the Chocobo won't receive fall damage as of now.
- Fixed an issue where a tamed Chocobo would get a new name when re-tamed.
- Fixed an issue where Minecraft would crash when players entered The Nether
- Fixed an issue where the mutation chance by use of Golden Gysahls was lower than intended
- Added new item Chocobo Tweezers that allows players to pluck out a feather from a tamed or saddled Chocobo.
- Feathers can only be plucked out every once in a while, and they have a 75% change of being plucked out
- If the player fails to pluck out the feather, the tamed/saddled chocobo will become wild
- Added a new item Chocopedia that offers players some control over a tamed/saddled chocobo or chicobo
- Using the Chocopedia, players can name the chocobo, hide the name individually and make them follow or stay (tamed chocobos will still roam while not following). The Chocopedia also presents information about the chocobo's health and if he already can breed or needs to wait more.
- Gold, Pink and Red Chocobos now won't receive any fall damage.
- Extended the default Chocobo name list to 55 different names.
- Fixed the ID of the Chocobo Fertilizer to be compatible with Millenaire mod
- Fixed an issue where Chocobo Feathers wouldn't spawn
- Fixed an issue where Chocobo and Chicobo's health wasn't working as intended.
- Fixed an issue where players weren't able to cure Chocobos even when hurt.
- Added a config file for players to change the mod's properties
- Included Custom Mob Spawner API for better control on Chocobo Spawning
- Adjusted spawning rate of Gysahl Greens
- Adjusted spawning rate of Chocobos
- Chocobos now only spawn at forests, plains and mountains (includes snowy mountains)
- A maximum of 50 Chocobos will spawn (can be changed through the config file)
- Chocobos will despawn if too far from player (tamed or saddled Chocobos and Chicobos will always remain)
- Tamed Chicobos now remain tamed after growing up
- Chocobos won't lose ownership anymore, even when playing offline
- Adjusted Chocobo Feather spawning rate
- The player can now pick up items while on a Chocobo
- Added new item Chibi Gysahl - an item that will force a Chicobo to not grow up
- Added new item Gysahl Seeds - can be planted and will grow into Gysahl Greens
- Added new item Chocobo Fertilizer - used to instantly grow Gysahl Seeds into Gysahl Greens
- Added 15 Choco Achievements
- Chocobos and Chicobos can now be named once tamed. The name will show above their head
- Fixed a bug where Gysahl Greens wouldn't show up on Creative mode
- Fixed Chicobos behaviour - now they'll follow correctly and not push the player
- Fixed a bug where Saddled Chocobos wouldn't move to mate
- Slightly increased the size of Chocobos and Chicobos.
- Adjustments to the bounding boxes were made to improve riding animations and interactions.
- Adjustments were made to how close the Chocobo will follow his owner, due to the increased size.
- Chocobos won't Kweh as often.
- Saddled Chocobos texture was adjusted to remove glitch through the wings.
- Chocobos will now fit through doors.
- When following the owner, Chocobos will stop wandering to facilitate movement and instructions.
- Fixed an issue where saddled Chocobos would remain stationary even when freed.
- Fixed an issue where Chocobos kept pushing the owner when following.
- Fixed an issue where following orders would be reset when loading the game.
- Fixed an issue where Red or Pink Gysahls would not be consumed when used.
- Fixed an issue where you weren't able to get a Pink Chocobo.
- White/Black Chocobos are now faster than the previous ones, but still slower than Gold.
- Fixed the spawning rate of Chocobo packs.
Chocobos and their behaviour:
Types of Chocobos:
Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, White and Gold.
The average Chocobos are yellow, so all the wild ones you'll encounter will be of this type. Chocobos can be found in forests, plains and mountains (including snowy forests and mountains).
The other types can be obtained by breeding.
There are also rumors of there being 2 secret types.
What's the difference between each type of Chocobo?
- Yellow Chocobos are the average chocobos and have no clear abilities.
- Green Chocobos have the ability to climb, which means that they don't need to jump in order to go up a block that is one step higher.
- Blue Chocobos have the ability to cross water, which means that they don't won't sink in water and will travel fast in water.
- White Chocobos have the ability to climb and cross water, and are faster than the previous ones.
- Black Chocobos have the ability to jump high, climb and cross water, and are as fast as the white ones.
- Gold/Pink/Red Chocobos have the ability to fly, climb and cross water, don't take fall damage, and are the fastest chocobos.
- Purple Chocobos have the ability to fly (slower than the gold ones), climb and cross lava, don't take fall damage, are as fast as white and black chocobos, and are immune to fire. (Found only in The Nether)
Where can I find Gysahl Greens?
- Gysahl Greens can be found around the world, in places where flowers can grow (mainly forests, plains and mountains)
- You can also craft Gysahl Seeds to plant in your farm.
- For the seeds to grow instantly, you can use Chocobo Fertilizer
How do I tame a Chocobo?
- find a pack of Chocobos
- Feed one some Gysahl Greens
- You will see some hearts and a red collar when the Chocobo is tamed
What happens when a Chocobo is tamed?
- the Chocobo will follow his owner
- the Chocobo will stop following his owner if the owner right-clicks on it
- can be healed using Gysahl Greens
- can be saddled using a Chocobo Saddle
What happens when a Chocobo is saddled?
- the Chocobo will stay where left
- the Chocobo will follow his owner if the owner uses a Chocobo Feather on it, and stop following the same way (The feather will not be consumed)
- can be healed using Gysahl Greens
- can be ridden by right-clicking on it
Can I release a tamed or saddled Chocobo?
- by using a Chocobo Whistle you can release a Chocobo back to the wild, cleaning any ownership.
- you can only release Chocobos you own
- wild Chocobos can despawn, just like wild wolves.
What happens when a Chocobo dies?
- the Chocobo will sometimes drop a Raw Chocobo Leg which can be cooked (and is yummy)
How can I obtain a Chocobo Feather?
- Chocobo Feathers are occasionally dropped by wild or tamed Chocobos.
How can I breed two Chocobos?
- both Chocobos have to be fed Loverly Gysahls or Golden Gysahls. After that, they'll procreate and a Chicobo will born. You'll have 25% chance of breeding a mutation, i.e, of a chocobo of a new type to be born.
- by feeding both Chocobos with Golden Gysahls, the probability of a mutation will increase to 50%.
- you can only breed Chocobos you own
When will a Chicobo grow into a Chocobo?
- Chicobos are young Chocobos, so after some time they will eventually grow up
- Chicobos can also be fed a Gysahl Cake to grow up instantly, but only after they have been tamed.
*]Chicobos can also be fed a Chici Gysahl to remain as Chicobos. After this, a Chicobo will only grow up when fed a Gysahl Cake.
How can I get the other types of Chocobos?
I'll put a new spoiler tag on this, since these are the exact breeding instructions to get the other types. So be warned! If you want to experiment and find out about how to get the other types DO NOT READ THIS. You've been warned.
- Yellow + Yellow = Green or Blue
- Green + Blue = White
- Yellow + White = Black
- Black + White =(Golden Gysahls REQUIRED)= Gold
I won't tell you how to get the other two types anyway > All I can say is it is not through breeding, but by forcing a Gold chocobo to be another one ;P
And why do I want a Chocobo?
- Chocobos are cute
- They are a fast way to travel
Items and Blocks:
- Gysahl Greens - Gysahl Greens are the most important block in ChocoCraft. They are used to tame Chocobos and to create various other greens. Just like flowers, Gysahl Greens will grow randomly across the map and can be collected and even planted again.
- Raw Chocobo Leg - This piece of meat is dropped by the most unfortunate Chocobos. Just like regular chicken legs, they can be cooked on a furnace.
- Cooked Chocobo Leg - By eating this yummy chocobo leg, you'll reduce your famine. A Chocobo Leg reduces famine even more than a cooked chicken leg, healing just as much as a cooked pork chop.
- Chocobo Feather - Chocobo Feathers are very attractive items to Chocobos. They can be used to build saddles, whistles, and even special types of gysahls. Non-saddled chocobos will occasionaly drop these.
- Chocobo Saddle - Tamed Chocobos can only be ridden once they are saddled with these special saddles.
- Chocobo Whistle - All good things must come to an end. Because of this, Chocobo Whistles can be used to free Chocobos and release them into the wild. Chocobos released will return to a state where they have no owner.
- Loverly Gysahl - Loverly Gysahls are a special kind of Gysahl Greens adorned with Chocobo Feathers. These herbs are used to make a Chocobo fall in love and look for a partner to procreate.
- Golden Gysahl - Just like Loverly Gysahls, Golden Gysahls are used to make Chocobos procreate. These romantic herbs are known to increase the chances of adquiring a new type of Chocobo.
- Gysahl Cake - Chicobos just love gysahl greens and cakes, and when you join both, they're get really happy. Gysahl Cakes give joy to a Chicobo, making him grow up instantly into one big and beautiful Chocobo.
- Pink Gysahl - Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
- Red Gysahl - Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
- Gysahl Seeds - Seeds made from Gysahl Greens. Can be planted to build a Gysahl Green farm and can be fertilized with Chocobo Fertilizer.
- Chocobo Fertilizer - Fertilizer made from Chocobo bones. Can be used to fertilize crops, including Gysahl Seeds.
- Chibi Gysahl - Bitter gysahl empowered with Redstone to prevent a Chicobo to grow up.
- Chocopedia - Notebook that keeps information about the Chocobos. Allows player to name their chocobo, check on information about health and breeing status and even give orders.
- Chocobo Tweezers - Tweezers made for plucking out Chocobo Feathers from tamed and saddled Chocobos. Players can pluck out feathers only once in a while and with a 75% chance of success. If players fail, they hurt the chocobo and it becomes wild again.
- Chocobo Saddle = 1 Leather, 2 Strings, 1 Chocobo Feather
- Chocobo Whistle = 1 Gold Ingot, 1 Chocobo Feather
- Loverly Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Greens, 3 Chocobo Feathers
- Golden Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Greens, 4 Chocobo Feathers, 4 Gold Nuggets
- Gysahl Cake = 3 Milk, 3 Wheat, 2 Sugar, 1 Gysahl Green
- Gysahl Seeds = 1 Gysahl Green
- Chocobo Fertilizer = 1 Raw Chocobo Leg
- Chibi Gysahl = 1 Gysahl Green, 4 Redstone
- Chocopedia = 6 Iron Ingots, 1 Paper, 2 Chocobo Feathers
- Chocobo Tweezers = 2 Iron Ingots, 1 Chocobo Feather
Different types of Chocobos:
Okay, maybe there are more than 6:
A pack of Chocobos:
Ready to Ride:
Ridding the big bird:
Love in the air:
Child on the ground:
Known Issues and Bugs:
- Chocobos love to stare in the face of people. It's not as much dangerous as it is creepy.
- Chicobo is in a stable and it grows up it will be outside the stable
- Config file not working for IDs
You can change items/achievements IDs to solve conflicts, change the maximum number of Chocobos and choose whether to hide or show the name of the chocobos above their head.
Here's how to do it:
- You can find the config file in your minecraft folder "/config/" and it's called "mod_chocobo.cfg".
- Open it with Notepad or any other text editor
- Lines that start with "#" are comment lines and show the original value for each variable, so don't change these.
- To change an item id (for example the Gysahl Green), find the line that has the item variable (in this case, "gysahlGreenid=150") and change the number to another (like this "gysahlGreenid=180". You can change it to any number from 0 to 32000.
- To hide chocobo names, change the line "show_chocobo_names=true" to "show_chocobo_names=false"
- To change the maximum number of chocobos that spawn in the world around you (excluding tamed and saddled) change "max_chocobos=50". I'd suggest it to be less than 100-200.
For any other mod developer, or people that want to change other mod's ids and not these, here are the IDs that I use:
150 for the block of Gysahl Greens
151 for the Gysahl crops
1490-1515 for the items
4550-4564 for achievements
Ideas for Future Development:
- Release it for SMP
- Special Gui when riding Chocobo that will show his current health and name
- Chocobos to attack enemies of the owner, much like wolves do
- Chocobos to have specific gear for them, giving more health/speed or storage
- New type of Chocobo - Fat Chocobo - that can storage as much items as a large chest
- Chocobo music when riding
- Item that can call a Saddled Chocobo to you
- Randomize Chocobo heights
If you have any more suggestions, comments or ideas, keep 'em coming
How to Install:
- Install ModLoader, AudioMod and Custom Mob Spawner by following the instructions on the corresponding pages. The link to each can be found above the link to this mod.
- With ModLoader, AudioMod and Custom Mob Spawner installed, put this mod's .zip file in your minecraft "mods" folder.
- Next, open the mod's .zip file and extract the folder named "resources" to minecraft's "resources" folder.
- Chocobos are creatures from Square Enix's Final Fantasy franchise, which later became main characters on their own games. As such, I do not own any right on them.
- The models of the Chocobos were HIGHLY inspired by the Moa creatures in The Aether Mod. If you don't know this mod, you should. Go get it ASAP.
- The models of the Chicobos were HIGHLY inspired by the chicks present in Baby Animals Mod. If you don't know this mod, you should also go get it ASAP.