Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5] The Runic Dust Mod [Mar14]

1.5 magic runes forge decoration

  • Please log in to reply
2378 replies to this topic

#1741

Explosionguy
  • Minecraft: Explosionguy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

I've been working on trying to get this on a localhost server so I can have mcmmo and other plugins with mods like this at the same time. I am SO CLOSE to finishing it and have forge and other mods on the server already, but for some reason when I put this in the server mods folder, and I try to restart the server, it gives a huge error message in the cmd prompt. Can you please help me with this? This is one on my favorite mods!

Here's the error message:
http://imgur.com/G4nYA

Posted Image

Posted Image


Register or log in to remove.

#1742

Bellaabzug21

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostExplosionguy, on 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

I've been working on trying to get this on a localhost server so I can have mcmmo and other plugins with mods like this at the same time. I am SO CLOSE to finishing it and have forge and other mods on the server already, but for some reason when I put this in the server mods folder, and I try to restart the server, it gives a huge error message in the cmd prompt. Can you please help me with this? This is one on my favorite mods!

Here's the error message:
http://imgur.com/G4nYA

I'm no expert, but one of the class files appears to be missing, try reinstalling both this mod and forge, forge first, then drop the mod in the mods folder. If it still doesn't work, check the IDs. Or if you're using 1.4.4, this mod hasn't been updated yet, and we are patiently waiting for it to.

In the meantime, has anybody else used the soulstones mod with the rune of sarlac to create an epic mob grinder?
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

#1743

Mozilick
    Mozilick

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Location: Killing creepers with style
  • Minecraft: mozilick

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostDragonMaster16, on 14 November 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I don't care about the pillars but I want to know how to get that lightning effect.

With my limited knowledge of thaumcraft, the person who took the shot had very good timing.  I am fairly sure that the lightning happens naturally.

http://gpxplus.net/user/mozilick

Pokemon hatching site...Need I say more?

Posted Image


#1744

Explosionguy
  • Minecraft: Explosionguy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostBellaabzug21, on 15 November 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

I'm no expert, but one of the class files appears to be missing, try reinstalling both this mod and forge, forge first, then drop the mod in the mods folder. If it still doesn't work, check the IDs. Or if you're using 1.4.4, this mod hasn't been updated yet, and we are patiently waiting for it to.

In the meantime, has anybody else used the soulstones mod with the rune of sarlac to create an epic mob grinder?

Thanks, but unfortunately it's not that simple. I downloaded the craftbukkit client from here:
http://mcportcentral...Ports_for_1.4.2
It came with forge, and I think some other things. So when I try to put the CORE and DEFAULT files in the mods folder, it should work, but it gets that error.

EDIT: I tried this with another mod (Simple Ores) and it works perfectly. I could even join without having the mod in my client! I think it must be something with the runic dust mod itself.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#1745

Eryan
    Eryan

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 370 posts
  • Minecraft: 95_Eric

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostExplosionguy, on 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Unfortunately it's not that simple. I downloaded the craftbukkit client from here:
http://mcportcentral...Ports_for_1.4.2
It came with forge, and I think some other things. So when I try to put the CORE and DEFAULT files from runic dust in the mods folder, it should work, but it gets that error.

And unfortunately, it's also not that simple as just dropping the mod file into the folder.

If you want to have mods on bukkit, they have to be ported to bukkit.

So unless somebody ports this mod to bukkit,  you won't be able to use it with MCPC's craftbukkit.

And with this mod being semi-complex, it might take a little while to be ported, if ported at all.
Check out my server if you like mystcraft, universal electricity, forestry, buildcraft, industrial craft and more.

Posted Image


#1746

ikonfokkah

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hi,

Im getting an error when starting the game using dust mod. It dissapears if I remove the default runes.jar, but I get disconnected when starting a game(Internal server error).

Files Im using:
dustmod-v1.1_CORE.jar
dustmod-v1.1_DECORATIVE-PACK.jar
dustmod-v1.1_DEFAULT_RUNES.jar
dustmod-v1.1_TEST-PACK.jar
+ a ton more mods

Crash report:
Spoiler:


#1747

Explosionguy
  • Minecraft: Explosionguy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostEryan, on 15 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

And unfortunately, it's also not that simple as just dropping the mod file into the folder.

If you want to have mods on bukkit, they have to be ported to bukkit.

So unless somebody ports this mod to bukkit,  you won't be able to use it with MCPC's craftbukkit.

And with this mod being semi-complex, it might take a little while to be ported, if ported at all.

Is billythegoat101 going to port it? He's obviously welcoming people to put it on their server and i'd love it to be on mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#1748

billythegoat101
  • Location: Under there
  • Minecraft: BILLYTG101

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostExplosionguy, on 15 November 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Is billythegoat101 going to port it? He's obviously welcoming people to put it on their server and i'd love it to be on mine.

No, I do not have a lick of experience with bukkit, bukkit code, or anything bukkit related.
I want to make this mod function and I barely have time for that. If you want to wait until I port it, you better be thinking with the units of months/years. Sorry but I just don't have the time.
Posted Image

#1749

bocochoco

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Any idea when we can look forward to a 1.4.4 update? Posted Image This is one of my favorite mods.

I noticed the other day, when I used the lumber rune to deforest a forest, that it drops a really huge amount of plant dust. I think I got 5 stacks of it from a small forest, but I also got no saplings from it.

#1750

AshtonDurkhun

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Encountering a strange bug... When I place a sign and write something on it, then log out and back in, the writing vanishes...

Tested this by removing ALL other mods from my server AND client, still signs lose their writing...

Suggestions?

#1751

Maoyu
    Maoyu

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Minecraft: Maoyu

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostAshtonDurkhun, on 15 November 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Encountering a strange bug... When I place a sign and write something on it, then log out and back in, the writing vanishes...

Tested this by removing ALL other mods from my server AND client, still signs lose their writing...

Suggestions?

Any chance you're running on Minecraft 1.3.2? Because that's a bug in the game itself that's been around since 1.3. It has nothing to do with any of your mods.

It's supposed to be fixed since 1.4 though.

The only fix I could find was reloading the chunks. Either by quitting/loading spammage, yet each time some signs were blank so that isn't very effective. Moving far away from the chunks the signs are in so they're unloaded and walk back to them later seems to result 100% succesfully for me. However that can be time consuming for something such as signs. (Teleports runes also work. Teleport far away and back and your signs shoudl be visible again.)

Of course in case you're playing creative you could just teleport yourself far away and back.

Come think of it: Using a Nether Portal back and forth probably also works.

#1752

AshtonDurkhun

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

it's 1.4.2... apparently something I did made the bug resurface...

If it was only me playing, I wouldn't care, but these signs tell the story of the world (it's an RPG server) and they're in the starting area, which once left a player can never come back to... x_x

#1753

Explosionguy
  • Minecraft: Explosionguy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postbillythegoat101, on 15 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

No, I do not have a lick of experience with bukkit, bukkit code, or anything bukkit related.
I want to make this mod function and I barely have time for that. If you want to wait until I port it, you better be thinking with the units of months/years. Sorry but I just don't have the time.

The mod works great for me right now, I really don't know what you mean. I have had a couple of runes not work and stuff, but that's about it. You even have a section in the post for servers that have your mod, but no one can put it in their server unless you port it...

Maybe you could have someone do it for you?

Posted Image

Posted Image


#1754

Eryan
    Eryan

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 370 posts
  • Minecraft: 95_Eric

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostExplosionguy, on 16 November 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

The mod works great for me right now, I really don't know what you mean. I have had a couple of runes not work and stuff, but that's about it. You even have a section in the post for servers that have your mod, but no one can put it in their server unless you port it...

Maybe you could have someone do it for you?

Bukkit completely changes how a minecraft server works.
There are huge modifications and changes to the class files of the server and the way you code a mod can change significantly to get it to work on bukkit, dependent upon what methods are being implemented.

A port of forge to bukkit takes around 100 man hours according to cpw because of all the changes made by bukkit.  (remember, FORGE, not a mod itself, since through decompiling a lot of the mappings can get assigned to a mod after forge has been ported, but the mappings do not and cannot solve everything)

I will look into porting this, but I'm really only gonna decompile and look into the coding, see if it has container methods or not.
If it does, I probably won't be able to port, I haven't learned how to fix errors with container methods.
Otherwise, there's a 0.5% chance that I -might- be able to port this.  But I am thinking probably not.

Edit - And no, billy, I'm not planning on releasing any bukkit port if I manage to port it without getting (or not getting; in which case no posting) your permission first.

Edited by Eryan, 16 November 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Check out my server if you like mystcraft, universal electricity, forestry, buildcraft, industrial craft and more.

Posted Image


#1755

billythegoat101
  • Location: Under there
  • Minecraft: BILLYTG101

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostEryan, on 16 November 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Bukkit completely changes how a minecraft server works.
There are huge modifications and changes to the class files of the server and the way you code a mod can change significantly to get it to work on bukkit, dependent upon what methods are being implemented.

A port of forge to bukkit takes around 100 man hours according to cpw because of all the changes made by bukkit.

I will look into porting this, but I'm really only gonna decompile and look into the coding, see if it has container methods or not.
If it does, I probably won't be able to port, I haven't learned how to fix errors with container methods.
Otherwise, there's a 0.5% chance that I -might- be able to port this.  But I am thinking probably not.

Edit - And no, billy, I'm not planning on releasing any bukkit port if I manage to port it without getting (or not getting; in which case no posting) your permission first.


FYI, source is already available. https://github.com/b...Runic-Dust-Mod/ hope that helps. Thanks for the info I wasn't fully aware of that.
Posted Image

#1756

Bellaabzug21

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostExplosionguy, on 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Thanks, but unfortunately it's not that simple. I downloaded the craftbukkit client from here:
http://mcportcentral...Ports_for_1.4.2
It came with forge, and I think some other things. So when I try to put the CORE and DEFAULT files in the mods folder, it should work, but it gets that error.

EDIT: I tried this with another mod (Simple Ores) and it works perfectly. I could even join without having the mod in my client! I think it must be something with the runic dust mod itself.

Oh my god, why didn't you say so, this mod isn't ported to buckit yet. And I really doubt that it ever will be.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

#1757

Eryan
    Eryan

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 370 posts
  • Minecraft: 95_Eric

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Well, it's at the point where it will load up on the server and not crash it, but as soon as I place a dust, it crashes.

Error is contained within similar lines to this one

else if (var10 != null && (var10.id == DustMod.idust.id || var10.id == DustMod.pouch.id))  (variable names are weird cause I decompiled)

the error occuring at DustMod.pouch.id

Eclipse and the crash log is telling me that "the field ItemReed.id is not visible", which I have no idea what that is referencing to.  Yes I do.  But, I'm still not sure if I can fix it.
Check out my server if you like mystcraft, universal electricity, forestry, buildcraft, industrial craft and more.

Posted Image


#1758

TippyEx
    TippyEx

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hiya,

I think i've found a bug in the decorative pack for v1.1.
When making runic dusts with sand some work properly, others produce the wrong colours.

The following are crafted properly :-
  Black, Red, Green, Brown, Blue, Purple, Cyan, Light Gray, Gray and Pink

the rest are crafted with the wrong dyes or not craftable at all (white).


Other than that, awesome as it was for 1.2.5, thanks for the great mod.

TippyEx

#1759

Lord_vastrix

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

billythegoat101 Where are we standing on a 1.4.4 update of yur mod? =)

System security is a temporary condition!


#1760

Explosionguy
  • Minecraft: Explosionguy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostEryan, on 16 November 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Bukkit completely changes how a minecraft server works.
There are huge modifications and changes to the class files of the server and the way you code a mod can change significantly to get it to work on bukkit, dependent upon what methods are being implemented.

A port of forge to bukkit takes around 100 man hours according to cpw because of all the changes made by bukkit.  (remember, FORGE, not a mod itself, since through decompiling a lot of the mappings can get assigned to a mod after forge has been ported, but the mappings do not and cannot solve everything)

I will look into porting this, but I'm really only gonna decompile and look into the coding, see if it has container methods or not.
If it does, I probably won't be able to port, I haven't learned how to fix errors with container methods.
Otherwise, there's a 0.5% chance that I -might- be able to port this.  But I am thinking probably not.

Edit - And no, billy, I'm not planning on releasing any bukkit port if I manage to port it without getting (or not getting; in which case no posting) your permission first.

Well thanks for looking into it! I REALLY hope you can get it ported! I LOVE this mod SO much, and I would love for it to get ported, so I can put it in my server. I'm sure other people would like to also.

Posted Image

Posted Image