• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Barkers3
    Barkers3

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

My children want me to purchase Minecraft for use on their computer. What I could not discern from the website is whether if I install it on their machine if they will each be able to individually use it and create their own worlds, etc.

Also, if I purchase it on my machine, will I get an executable that I can transfer to their machine for the installation?

Thanks!

Dan

Register or log in to remove.

Gking19
    Gking19

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • Minecraft: Gking19

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

From my understanding, what you do is download minecraft.exe. Then you open it up and log in as the person. This'll download all the files needed for minecraft. Repeat the process for all their computers. Now concerning all of them playing at once, I don't think they'll be able to play together on the same acccount due to some error.
~Chinchillin like a villain~

Barkers3
    Barkers3

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostGking19, on 14 January 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

From my understanding, what you do is download minecraft.exe. Then you open it up and log in as the person. This'll download all the files needed for minecraft. Repeat the process for all their computers. Now concerning all of them playing at once, I don't think they'll be able to play together on the same acccount due to some error.

It will only be installed on one computer (the children's), and they will not be playing together, but individually. I just need to make sure that when each of them are using it by themselves they can create their own worlds somehow (i.e., not working in their sibling's world).

1Megaprime96

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

it's really easy:

you download the launcher, you log-in with the name/pass of child nr 1 and it will download the files on the computer
(for windows; type %appdata% in the search of start and press enter, then you can see the .minecraft folder)

There shouldn't have to be a problem because you can start multiple worlds ;) (with a title etc)

but what i'm asking to myself, why would you buy 2 accounts if you're never going to play at the same time?

Posted Image

nickburns80

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

So bottom line?

If my wife and I want to play together on same world, we have to buy the game twice?

Thanks