• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2]Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and GLSL Shaders Mod

• Please log in to reply
20849 replies to this topic

__Smile__

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ehm - Hello. I've got a problem with the Shaders, i've installed them correctly and they work brilliantly when opening them with the original minecraft application. BUT - when i start minecraft with the MagicLauncher it doesn't work. This launcher is the only way i can use Mo' Creatures and so on, so why doesn't they work together? Is there a compatability issue here or something? This would be odd since the shaders require OptiFine wich is said to be most easily downloaded with the MagicLauncher.

Also somehow my character skin doesn't show up in MagicLauncher - solving this problem aswell would be awesome.

Thanks for listening :)

Register or log in to remove.

Hienrick
  • Minecraft: Hienrick
  • Xbox:Hienrick

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yet again, I'm making a post as nobody is posting any help, it's a common issue that Myself and others are having, even on vanilla with no texture packs blocks that are in the process of being destroyed will turn black.

Is there any way to fix this, please offer some help as it's a well known issue.
Posted Image

Kisarus
    Kisarus

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

hey....can you please make the leaves less waving?
it looks like the trees were in a tornado....

GrandmasterKirbs

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Ok guys, I have read through this thread a couple of times, followed the neccecary steps, but I seem to be missing something. Here are my system specs:

Processor: Phenom II x4 2.3GHz
Ram: 4gb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I have installed MagicLauncher and Optifine Smooth
I have installed the windows Core file
I have installed the default shaders

What happens:
I open magic launcher (And have tried the default MC launcher) and I get the Mojang logo for a few seconds and then a white screen at which point it fails to progress forward.

I've gone through the install process three times now, and figured if the third time wasn't a charm, I'd give asking a shot.

If I missed any valuable information to help find the solution, please let me know, and thanks in advance for you help.

- Kirbs

Lone Renegade

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

WOOT I got it working and fiddled around with the various possible settings to get it looking like I want.

Now I'd like to get into more serious tweaking to maybe increase FPS and increase the light given off by torches / glowstones / lava underground. It gets so dark down there it looks terrible. Posted Image

Is there a guide with the settings explained and what they change in game?

View PostGrandmasterKirbs, on 15 April 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Ok guys, I have read through this thread a couple of times, followed the neccecary steps, but I seem to be missing something. Here are my system specs:

Processor: Phenom II x4 2.3GHz
Ram: 4gb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I have installed MagicLauncher and Optifine Smooth
I have installed the windows Core file
I have installed the default shaders

What happens:
I open magic launcher (And have tried the default MC launcher) and I get the Mojang logo for a few seconds and then a white screen at which point it fails to progress forward.

I've gone through the install process three times now, and figured if the third time wasn't a charm, I'd give asking a shot.

If I missed any valuable information to help find the solution, please let me know, and thanks in advance for you help.

- Kirbs

If you're using MC Patcher, turn off HD texture and font support. I had that enabled cuz of a texture pack I was using and found it doesn't work together.
Posted Image

Thausent
    Thausent

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Minecraft: Thausent

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

hi guys i install your awesome mod today and i've got one problem.
Look at the ref pictures, them explain them self.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Can somebody help my Posted Image

the parameters of my  graphic card
Win 8Preview
Driver
296.17-desktop-win8-64bit-international-preview
for the Geforce 250GTS

GrandmasterKirbs

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostLone Renegade, on 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

WOOT I got it working and fiddled around with the various possible settings to get it looking like I want.

Now I'd like to get into more serious tweaking to maybe increase FPS and increase the light given off by torches / glowstones / lava underground. It gets so dark down there it looks terrible. Posted Image

Is there a guide with the settings explained and what they change in game?

If you're using MC Patcher, turn off HD texture and font support. I had that enabled cuz of a texture pack I was using and found it doesn't work together.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check that out. I don't believe I have added MC patcher yet at this point, but I'm going to go through the install process one more time.

DanTheMann1218
  • Minecraft: Craftineer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

I get a blackscreen when I start up Minecraft. Is there any other mods I have to install to get this to work?
Posted Image

juan120
    juan120

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: Juan120

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Is there a way to install this manually. (Instead of using the Install application)

GrandmasterKirbs

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

EDIT: I'm a moron...
I forgot to delete META-INF.

The game loads now, thanks for any help!

DanTheMann1218

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostGrandmasterKirbs, on 15 April 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

I'm a moron...
...because I thought the Optifine was optional, and that the shaders run without it.
Posted Image

MuffinzFX

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hey! I loved this so much I decided to make a video of it :D
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6ebM4l0ViE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chaosboylu

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostThausent, on 15 April 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

hi guys i install your awesome mod today and i've got one problem.
Look at the ref pictures, them explain them self.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Can somebody help my Posted Image

the parameters of my  graphic card
Win 8Preview
Driver
296.17-desktop-win8-64bit-international-preview
for the Geforce 250GTS
caused by your texturepack,try another one

Chaosboylu

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

btw, my hand gets transparent whenever i aim at a player, npc or monster... help D:

Normal case:
Posted Image
Aiming at a pig:
Posted Image

sparkyman215

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hi!
Im on a Mac, running OS X Lion, and installed everything fine, Optifine ran fine, the CORE ran fine, with its default shaders. Now, unfortunately i didn't very much like the motion blur and downloaded the one without DOF or Motion Blur and overwrote the other .fsh and .vsh files.
I ran minecraft and it stuck on the dreaded "Done Loading" screen. I figured out that its the no Motion Blur that made it not load, and reinstalling the regular Ultra ran fine, but with the Motion Blur. I looked through the .fsh and .vsh files a little, trying to find where i might be able to turn off the blur.
Right now i am going to try the other shader downloads and tell you what happens.

YeOldGrog

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

<p>I have been running into this problem: [spoiler]
Posted Image

zemo93
    zemo93

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: zemo93
  • Xbox:Turtle Impaler

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi,
Im on windows with a lenovo thinkpad edge(only a year old) and i can run anything from BF3 to starcraft 2 on high with no issues. For some reason, when i load minecraft as instructed its either a white screen or it loads normally and its very slow and fuzzy and very blurry. im not sure if i installed it wrong or what, but it doesnt work like it should.

DanTheMann1218

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

How do I disable motion blur on Default?
Posted Image

Litusil
    Litusil

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

I`ve got the same problem as Thausent.
i have tried 3 different Texture Packs (KoP Photo Realism[128px];Honeyballs Meine Kraft MK Antik [64px] and Sphax PureBDCraft[128px])and ofc Standard textures, and this issue still exists. ive made some screenshots,maybe this Help:

Standard Textures :
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sphax PureBDCraft:
Posted Image

Honeyballs Meine Kraft MK Antik:
Posted Image

KoP Photo Realism:

Posted Image

ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
Windows 7 64 bit

Neri
    Neri

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I really need help, the mod is working fine, but only for like 5 minutes! Then it crashes and says that my minecraft is out of memory! How do I fix that?
Posted Image
You'll usually find me in the General Off Topic section. Also quote when you reply please!