Latest News Article

[1.7.2]Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and GLSL Shaders Mod

• Please log in to reply
20849 replies to this topic

sonicether

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

POPULAR

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders [compatibile with MC 1.7.2]

Please read this entire post before attempting an install or posting about a bug.

Development news is posted on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther

This thread is the home for the latest version of the GLSL Shaders Mod and for Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders to be used with the GLSL Shaders Mod.

Screenshots!
Posted ImageVolumetric clouds (work-in-progress effect coming soon!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Chroma Hills resource pack recommended!

More Chroma Hills screenshots!
Spoiler:

About

The GLSL Shaders Mod adds a deferred shading pipeline to Minecraft's rendering system which allows for custom shaders to be used with Minecraft. This mod was created by daxnitro, and modified by karyonix, id_miner, and me, Sonic Ether.

You need to install this mod to use my shaderpack!

Downloads

Shaders Mod for use with Minecraft 1.7.2 or newer

Older versions

See karyonix's thread for older versions.

How to Install

Visit karyonix's thread for details on how to install the GLSL Shaders Mod.

Setup (PLEASE READ)

The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power "shaderpacks" and is useless without them.

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. Scroll down to the Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders section of this post to download.

To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.

1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don't know how to do this).

2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters) if it isn't already there.

3. Go download my shaderpack "Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders" from below and place the shaderpack in this directory.

4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may only be uncompressed folders or .zip files.

The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.1 Ultra

.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.1 Ultra/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]

or

.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.1 Ultra.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]

If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing you

should check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.

5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it.

6. In Options > Shaders, enable "New block breaking", and disable "Cloud Shadow"

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders (shaderpack for GLSL Shaders Mod)

Downloads
Listed in order of gpu power required to run. Use these shaderpacks only with v2.00 of the Shaders Mod or newer.

LATEST:

SEUS v10.1 Preview 2 (work-in-progress)

Some issues have been fixed from Preview 1. Some new features have been added.

-Puddles form when it rains and create reflections. This effect is meant to be seen when using a resource pack with normal maps. Go download ChromaHills which has normal maps.
-New procedural clouds rendered directly in the sky and in reflections (transcending screen-space)

-Cloud shadows. When clouds are covering the sun, direct sunlight dims.

-Torchlight color is much more mellow and less orange.

-Better specular highlights from sunlight when a texture pack with specular maps is used.

-"Smooth lighting" reverted back to old rendering mode.

-Tonemapping adjustments

-Overall less harsh outdoor lighting

SEUS v10.1 Preview 1 (work-in-progress)

This preview version still has some issues but is overall faster and improved over v10.0. A full release of v10.1 will be released soon. It has not been tested for use with OptiFine.

SEUS v10.0 Lite

SEUS v10.0 Standard

SEUS v10.0 Ultra No Blur

SEUS v10.0 Ultra Motion Blur

SEUS v10.0 Ultra DOF

LEGACY VERSIONS:

Installation Instructions (PLEASE READ)

1. Download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod. You'll find installation instructions and download links above in the GLSL Shaders Mod section.
2. Download a SEUS shaderpack from the Downloads section above.
3. The .zip file that you download is in proper shaderpack format. Simply copy the .zip file to your .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
4. Select the shaderpack you installed from the Options > Shaders menu in Minecraft.

5. Go to the Setup section above and read steps 5 and 6. This is important for a bug-free visual experience.

Tweaks

Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.

-Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
-Lower your render distance. SEUS is optimized for "Short + 16".
-Toggle "Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:". "ON" gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.

Reporting an Issue

If this mod is giving you unusual results, please make sure that you installed everything correctly first.
If you are using this mod on a Mac, I'm sorry to say that I am powerless to provide Mac support. I apologize.

I can't help you if you don't provide these details:
-Describe your issue thoroughly. Provide a screenshot or video if you can.
-Describe your system specs. If you forget this step, I cannot help in any way.
-Setup your SEUS Magic Launcher configuration and check "Enable Log" at the bottom left of the window. Save the configuration, run the game, and paste the log as a spoiler in your post.
-Describe the shaderpack, GLSL Shaders mod version, and Minecraft version that you are running when encountering this issue.

Special thanks again to daxnitro for his hard work in making this visual experience possible! Special thanks also to karyonix for updating GLSL Shaders and collaborating with me in this project! Post screenshots of your Minecraft world with unbelievable quality for everyone to see!

Register or log in to remove.

ZeroKiIIer

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

POPULAR

I just tried it out. It is amazing! The finest work of a shader mod i have ever seen. It gives quite beautiful shadows and realism to minecraft especially on server which have huge buildings etc. I recommend this to anyone looking for a realism mod =D.
Posted Image

DarkTower2Ds
  • Minecraft: DarkTower2Ds
  • Xbox:HYPER123456

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

COOL!! Time to down-grade...
Posted Image

pie90087
  • Minecraft: pie90087

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Can i have a hand i get this ugly error while i play minecraft i installed it correctly.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Halp D:!

sonicether

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postpie90087, on 14 January 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Can i have a hand i get this ugly error while i play minecraft i installed it correctly.
Spoiler:
Halp D:!

Oh wow... Is there any way you can take multiple screenshots while walking forward or upload a video somewhere of what's going on? Kind of hard to pinpoint what might be causing that from just a few screens. Are there any correct shadows? Or are they all messed up? Are you running Windows?

Grog
    Grog

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

*Starts rocking backwards and forwards*
We have gone t-to far. Man was not meant for this...

Posted Image
Posted Image

I use a pile of other mods so I was surprised when this worked without a hitch. Purely amazing. My laptop hates me now though and I think I may have to move minecraft over to my desktop computer for the sack of a lagless experience. Does this support bump-mapped texture packs?

EDIT 22/3/2012: Above texture pack is my WIP one. Hasn't been released and I'm a little too busy with Uni at the moment to finish off all that I wanted for a first release. Please don't message me about it. Thanks. Posted Image

Edit 16/9/2012 - It's released and called 'A Brush More Colour'. I dont want to post a link from someone else's thread so just search it.

DarkVarano

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well done, but the shadow are very buggy, But I think it comes from GLSL shaders, not from your shader.

pie90087

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postsonicether, on 14 January 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Oh wow... Is there any way you can take multiple screenshots while walking forward or upload a video somewhere of what's going on? Kind of hard to pinpoint what might be causing that from just a few screens. Are there any correct shadows? Or are they all messed up? Are you running Windows?
sorry bout that here's a video:

There are correct shadows just lines thought the landscape that follow my char im also running on windows. oh by the way Amassing work on this shadier it looks great, just.. without lines, of course.

sonicether

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

@pie90087: Try putting this file into your minecraft.jar/Shaders folder and overwrite the existing one in there and see if you get different results: Alternate Shadows

@DarkVarano Indeed, the shadows are quite buggy. And yes, it's not my fault but I could hardly put blame on daxnitro, think about what he has created! I don't mind the bugginess for now, and he said he'll work extra hard to fix the shadows for the next update. I'm looking forward to that very much!

@Grog ... ... That ... well my jaw dropped when I saw your screenshots. It looks incredible!! I'll start working on a version that supports bump mapping asap :)

Grog
    Grog

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postsonicether, on 14 January 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

@Grog ... ... That ... well my jaw dropped when I saw your screenshots. It looks incredible!! I'll start working on a version that supports bump mapping asap :)

It looks even better when you chuck on some of those higher resolution texture packs. 64x64s and 128x128s packs don't look out of place anymore but look right at home with these shaders on. Big call but I think we may have hit a new age in minecraft. One where minecraft can actually be described as a good looking game. :P Oh and I see what you mean when you mentioned shadows in the sky. Very unsettling having those dark shapes looming over you. haha

Skylar201
  • Minecraft: Skylar201

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

This + Water Shader mod = Epic Minecraft.
Posted Image
Check out my epic Request!

Twololcats
  • Minecraft: Twololcats

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

OH WOW
at first i thought this was fake because it was too awesome
now i know its real and my mind nearly exploded :D
your shaders are really unbelievable sonicether
That cheezburger? I ate it...twice

Peri_Rawesome
  • Minecraft: Peri_Rawesome

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

This is amazing, thanks for making minecraft look great, anyone know if this will work with the water shader mod?

EDIT: Anyone else find this crashes when they open a GUI window like a chest or the chat on multiplayer? Im using tekkit (multiplayer version of the technicpack) don't know if it may be to do with that, or it may be my 2011 macbook pros rubbish graphics card (Intel 3000HD 384mb memory shared with main memory(The only bad thing about my computer, why did apple choose such a pants graphics card?)) Anyway, my graphics card is listed as laggy but playable on the GLSL shaders wiki so i doubt it is that. I don't know where you find crash logs, if someone could tell me where they are, i'll post them.

EDIT 2: Its now started to crash randomly, while I'm just walking around.
Posted Image

cocondell
  • Minecraft: Condell
  • Xbox:Chanrah

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Amazing, will this lagg me a lot though?
Invisible signature, because I can.

pie90087

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

View Postsonicether, on 14 January 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

@pie90087: Try putting this file into your minecraft.jar/Shaders folder and overwrite the existing one in there and see if you get different results: Alternate Shadows
Welp heres another video:

Its gotten better but sadly the lines are still there. it might be a problem with my computer. DARNET NOTCH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CODE MC IN JAVA, FIX IT JEB!

Sooi
    Sooi

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Minecraft: sooi11

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

I dont get it I tried this a couple times on a clear minecraft and it doesn't do anything but the normal GSLS shaders am I missing something?

Nevermind works great! :)

Posted Image

farcry15
    farcry15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

looking good

_phil
    _phil

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Make MC look like on the pics and you will be hired by Mojang.
Its awesome, im already installing :)
Posted Image

Kalcho
    Kalcho

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: Kalcho

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Wow! If I combine this mod whit water shader and a smooth texture pack it will look awsome!! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Posted Image

farcry15
    farcry15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

water shader mod is incompatible with the glsl shader mod. hopefully the mod this is bassed on is updated to have water shaders.