Please read this entire post before attempting an install or posting about a bug.
Development news is posted on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SonicEther
This thread is the home for the latest version of the GLSL Shaders Mod and for Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders to be used with the GLSL Shaders Mod.
1.6.2 Update News
I have updated karyonix's Shaders Mod to be compatible with SEUS v10.0 and Minecraft 1.6.2. See the downloads section for more info.
GLSL Shaders Mod
The GLSL Shaders mod adds a deferred shading pipeline to Minecraft's rendering system which allows for custom shaders to be used with Minecraft. This mod was created by daxnitro, and modified by karyonix, id_miner, and me, Sonic Ether.
Shaders Mod 2.0.1 for use with Minecraft 1.6.2
Shaders Mod 2.0.0 for use with Minecraft 1.5.2 and OptiFine Ultra D3
See karyonix's thread for older versions.
How to Install
Visit karyonix's thread for details on how to install the GLSL Shaders Mod.
Setup (PLEASE READ)
The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power "shaderpacks" and is useless without them.
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. Scroll down to the Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders section of this post to download.
To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don't know how to do this).
2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters).
3. Place the shaderpacks you wish to use in this directory.
4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may either be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.0 Ultra
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing you
should check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it. Also, ensure that New block breaking is set to true.
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
By downloading and using Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders you agree to the terms below:
This EULA (a.k.a 'SEUS License') basically states that...
- you may modify SEUS for your own personal use.
- you may not (re-)distribute SEUS in any way.
- you must provide reference to SEUS whenever you publish footage featuring SEUS as its main content.
- there is no warranty whatsoever.
Listed in order of gpu power required to run. Use these shaderpacks only with v2.00 of the Shaders Mod or newer.
Installation Instructions (PLEASE READ)
1. Download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod. You'll find installation instructions and download links above in the GLSL Shaders Mod section.
2. Download a SEUS shaderpack from the Downloads section above.
3. The .zip file that you download is in proper shaderpack format. Simply copy the .zip file to your .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
4. Select the shaderpack you installed from the Options > Shaders menu in Minecraft.
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
-Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
-Lower your render distance. SEUS is optimized for "Short + 16".
-Toggle "Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:". "ON" gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
Reporting an Issue
If this mod is giving you unusual results, please make sure that you installed everything correctly first.
If you are using this mod on a Mac, I'm sorry to say that I am powerless to provide Mac support. I apologize.
I can't help you if you don't provide these details:
-Describe your issue thoroughly. Provide a screenshot or video if you can.
-Describe your system specs. If you forget this step, I cannot help in any way.
-Setup your SEUS Magic Launcher configuration and check "Enable Log" at the bottom left of the window. Save the configuration, run the game, and paste the log as a spoiler in your post.
-Describe the shaderpack, GLSL Shaders mod version, and Minecraft version that you are running when encountering this issue.
Special thanks again to daxnitro for his hard work in making this visual experience possible! Special thanks also to karyonix for updating GLSL Shaders and collaborating with me in this project! Post screenshots of your Minecraft world with unbelievable quality for everyone to see!