Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Pocket Edition does not start anymore

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi,

I seem to be having issues running Minecraft Pocket Edition on my HTC Desire S.
Let me explain :-)

I recently downloaded the Minecraft PE Demo to try out the game and to test whether my HTC could run it.
It could. I had already lots of fun with it, it ran smoothly and all. But I wanted to be able to save my worlds, the other blocks and have the next update with survival mode.
So I bought the game with the Android Market: 6,25€ ... not that much compared to the price of other games.

First I uninstalled the demo, and installed the full Minecraft PE.
I could play the PE like a charm and had all the options. I played it 2 times yesterday in the afternoon.

Yesterday evening, I wanted to launch Minecraft PE. The screen goes black to launch the main screen - And just goes back to my HTC Home screen without launching the game. The game won't start anymore whatsoever.

I already restarted my HTC. I already shut it down completely and restarted it, to no avail.
I had already uninstalled Minecraft PE to reinstall it on my HTC, but that didn't help either. I also deleted all local user files, but that didn't solve anything.

Does anyone know where I can find some log of some sorts as to check what error occurs or what is going wrong while starting Minecraft PE? Or does anyone has the same problem or had it and solved it?

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance.

Register or log in to remove.

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

How can I post the entire Android system log here? If I try to add the reply, my post appears to be too long.

It doesn't contain any stacktraces, but it does contain something like this:
01-13 09:29:34.148 I/DEBUG   ( 1248):	 45eceb4c  808b8ef9  /mnt/asec/com.mojang.minecraftpe-1/lib/libminecraftpe.so
01-13 09:29:34.499 I/BootReceiver( 1346): Copying /data/tombstones/tombstone_04 to DropBox (SYSTEM_TOMBSTONE)
01-13 09:29:34.519 E/InputDispatcher( 1346): channel '408aa0c0 com.mojang.minecraftpe/com.mojang.minecraftpe.Minecraft_Market (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred.  events=0x8
01-13 09:29:34.519 E/InputDispatcher( 1346): channel '408aa0c0 com.mojang.minecraftpe/com.mojang.minecraftpe.Minecraft_Market (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Extra info:
I just re-installed the Minecraft PE Demo next to the full version, and the demo works perfectly.
There I can see the main screen, start a game, but of course with limited functionality.

If I now open the Minecraft PE full version, it still crashes back to HTC home screen after a black screen.

nleiknl
    nleiknl

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Try pulling you battery out so it resets itself.. And if that doesn't work try reinstalling the game.
Posted Image

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postnleiknl, on 13 January 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Try pulling you battery out so it resets itself.. And if that doesn't work try reinstalling the game.

I have removed the battery and have already tried reinstalling the game. But nothing helps :-(
The demo itself keeps working, but the full version only worked 2 times.

Skezyl
    Skezyl

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: Skezyl

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostDonStevo82, on 13 January 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hi,

I seem to be having issues running Minecraft Pocket Edition on my HTC Desire S.
Let me explain :-)

I recently downloaded the Minecraft PE Demo to try out the game and to test whether my HTC could run it.
It could. I had already lots of fun with it, it ran smoothly and all. But I wanted to be able to save my worlds, the other blocks and have the next update with survival mode.
So I bought the game with the Android Market: 6,25€ ... not that much compared to the price of other games.

First I uninstalled the demo, and installed the full Minecraft PE.
I could play the PE like a charm and had all the options. I played it 2 times yesterday in the afternoon.

Yesterday evening, I wanted to launch Minecraft PE. The screen goes black to launch the main screen - And just goes back to my HTC Home screen without launching the game. The game won't start anymore whatsoever.

I already restarted my HTC. I already shut it down completely and restarted it, to no avail.
I had already uninstalled Minecraft PE to reinstall it on my HTC, but that didn't help either. I also deleted all local user files, but that didn't solve anything.

Does anyone know where I can find some log of some sorts as to check what error occurs or what is going wrong while starting Minecraft PE? Or does anyone has the same problem or had it and solved it?

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance.
By any chance is you device not updated to the most recent update possible? If it is or isn't, did you try "restarting" your device?

View PostDonStevo82, on 13 January 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I have removed the battery and have already tried reinstalling the game. But nothing helps :-(
The demo itself keeps working, but the full version only worked 2 times.
Or just hold the power button.
"+" If my post helped you in anyway!

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi skezyl,

I have android 2.3, htc desire s.
As I said, the demo still works perfectly. And the full game has worked, untill yesterday evening. I just got home, tried to launch it and it doesn t start anymore.

I also tried restarting, full shut down, airplane mode. Nothing helped. :-(

Pacman
    Pacman

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Minecraft: RetoastHD
  • Xbox:Retoast

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Delete the application and reinstall. You should not loose your maps. I didnt.

edit:
   Just read you already did that.. Then im not sure what to do. You may want to consider that it is a problem with your phone rather then the app.

DonStevo82

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostPacman, on 13 January 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

Delete the application and reinstall. You should not loose your maps. I didnt.

edit:
   Just read you already did that.. Then im not sure what to do. You may want to consider that it is a problem with your phone rather then the app.

Because the demo is still working, and the fulll game has worked on my HTC. I don t know if the phone really is the problem, but it might.
If the phone is causing this, and no solution becomes available, would a refund be possible and how would I do that?

Skezyl
    Skezyl

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: Skezyl

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostDonStevo82, on 13 January 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hi skezyl,

I have android 2.3, htc desire s.
As I said, the demo still works perfectly. And the full game has worked, untill yesterday evening. I just got home, tried to launch it and it doesn t start anymore.

I also tried restarting, full shut down, airplane mode. Nothing helped. :-(
That's odd. Does your family or friends own a device similar?
"+" If my post helped you in anyway!

DonStevo82

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

My girlfriend has a htc wildfire s, but she's not interested in minecraft, and we don't want to pay two times for the app.
How can we test it then? The demo still works on my htc desire s.

DonStevo82

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Up.
Is there anyone who has the same issue, or someone of Mojang than can help me?

DonStevo82

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm going to up this once again :-S

Does anyone have other ideas?
I tried restarting, shutting down and starting up, removing and re-installing the app, deleting all cached data. Recently I removed some apps and moved all downloaded apps to the SD Card to make sure enough memory and room was available on the HTC Desire S Android phone to run Minecraft PE.

Nothing helped.

I'll have to ask my money back if I don't get this resolved soon.

DonStevo82

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

I seem to have solved it! But I don't know for how long.

My last resort was manually deleting the saved world and chunks that were created while playing minecraft.
I wasn't sure if uninstalling the app also deleted the saved worlds.

So I went to ./sdcard/games/com.mojang/minecraftWorlds and deleted everything there using AndroZip.
After that, I was able to start the game again :-D

But ofcourse, now my worry is that when I save a next world, the same thing will happen again - and buying the full version of Minecraft PE won't be different than the demo - always having to lose my saved worlds.

My world chunk was already 21 MB, but I own a HTC Desire S with about 1.1 GB ROM and 768 MB RAM which should be enough to run such an application I supose?
Perhaps someone at Mojang can take a look into this? Does it happen with anyone else as well?

DiamondMiner43

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

what is ur guys probs with it i have no probs loading it

brogan20

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

Your issue is not enough ram you should have about 70 mb of ram if your gonna play minecraft
Posted Image

isaiahnjesus

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well mine says mojang for like a half a second then i goes back to home page. I downloaded a texture pack and then changed it but that still didnt help i dont know if im on the same topic as you or not but if anyone knows how please tell me i have tons of awesome creations ;-(

500 Internal Server Error
  • Minecraft: zhuowei

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postisaiahnjesus, on 01 July 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Well mine says mojang for like a half a second then i goes back to home page. I downloaded a texture pack and then changed it but that still didnt help i dont know if im on the same topic as you or not but if anyone knows how please tell me i have tons of awesome creations ;-(
Wrong section; this is for Minecraft on phones. Try the Client Support section of the forum at http://www.minecraft...client-support/ for help.

A9_0Z
    A9_0Z

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1293 posts
  • Minecraft: SamAC2K11

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

I have the same problem but it happened after i changed the ip address on my ipad 2 to play multiplayer online :(

Found the problem!!! I closed down all the running applications and now it runs great :D
Hope I helped
Posted Image
Join My Pocket Edition Server: http://www.minecraft...status-offline/
Spoiler:

JDavid23
    JDavid23

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: JDavid23
  • Xbox:None

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:04 AM