• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] Camera Studio [V2.164] (standalone - MODLOADER - FORGE) (VIDEO RECORDER)

video recorder ssp smp timelapse camera cinematic modloader vanilla forge 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
2330 replies to this topic

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Minecraft: sushen_117

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

POPULAR

Camera Studio for Minecraft 1.6.4

Ever wanted to have a smooth camera movement all-together with your accelerated video ?
Then this mod is made for you !

New version available ! (details here)

For higher FPS with the recorder, I highly recommend using Optifine.

NEW V2.164 : Compatible with minecraft 1.6.4. Check out changelog!

NEW V2.8.5 : Let there be ROLL !!!
Camera roll is now taken into account when adding keyframes (1st person mode ONLY). To change the camera roll, you must first configure your roll keys through the option's screen (press 'O', 'Cam roll' tab, set your key for 'Roll left', 'Roll right', 'Roll center'). Voila ! :)

NEW V2.2 : CameraStudio now embeds a video recorder !
(an additional file is required if you want to use this feature)

This recorder can also record sound (audio and video are mixed in the same file).
For the moment, the codecs used are fixed and cannot be changed, and are AAC for audio and H264 for video.

A new command, /rec, will start or stop recording (hotkey configurable): the video file is saved in the .minecraft/videos folder.

MAKE TESTS BEFORE USING IT FOR A LONG SESSION, AND CHECK YOUR DISK SPACE AND YOUR VIDEO FILE SIZE !

You'll find options to set up video FPS, and a slider to accelerate your video (1x to 100x). The higher this speed is set,the lower the recorder will take resources from your computer (and thus, higher game FPS).

And, top of the top (TADAM), you now will be able to record yourself from a third point of view, while keeping you main view !

Magic, isn't it ? No more need two accounts and two computers to make your timelapse !

However, using this indirect recording mode will introduce some lag when moving in game (but this lag will not be seen in your video), and will probably drastically drop your fps when used at 1x speed (try at higher speeds). Mostly depends on your machine specs, so try it out, and give me feedbacks - this is highly appreciated to make it work for everybody !
(Look at the FAQ below to see the kind of feedback I'm waiting for).

RECORDER FAQ

Spoiler:

Here is a very good tutorial video covering installation and use for a self-timelapse recording (i.e. Indirect recording).

This update would require a rewrite of this entire post, but this would take huge time, and I want to share the update with you the sooner.
So don't be surprised if you don't find any mention to the recorder, or even the GUI options, beyond this point.
I'll update it at slowly time after time ;)
(OOPS! NEVER DID THIS :D)

What's this mod about
Reviews / Showcases
What you should know about this mod
Quick tutorial
Commands reference
About chat messages
Configuration file
Old versions
Changelog
DOWNLOAD LINKS
Installation
Compatibility
License
Donate

WHAT'S THIS MOD ABOUT

This mod is addressed to anyone who wants to make a video in-game and have an in depth control over the camera displacement.

It allows you to create a path that the player will automatically follow, control what the player sees along this path, and set up the player's precise speed through a global timing for his traveling, all this through commands.

You'll also have an accurate control over night and day cycles, as you'll be able to set how long precisely you want each cycle to last, independently of each other (say 30 minutes for day, and 10 minutes for night). Note that this won't influence game mechanics, such as mob-spawning, or crops growing : it's only for the show !

So, is this mod for you ?
  • if you want to film a timelapse, undoubtedly it is !

In such videos, there is nothing more boring than a static point of view, and nothing more awful than very fast moves, which turn out to be instantaneous and very aggressive when you speed up your video a hundred time. With this mod, you will be able to change the field of view at a very slow speed, providing a smooth cool movement to your camera, and so bring a more "alive" experience to your video.
  • if you simply want to make a showcase of your world / builds / whatever, controlling precisely your camera will get rid your video of unpleasant moves, and add pretty much quality to it.
  • if you simply want to make a video but don't have enough FPS to do it nicely, whether because your computer isn't fast enough, or because you want to use those incredible (but gpu intensive) mods that are the Water Shader mod, or Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders mod,

You can use a common technique which is to post-process your video with an external software in order to accelerate its overall speed. By doing so, you'll catch up those missing frames and have a fluent render, and thanks to Camera Studio you'll be able to lower the camera motion's speed so that it looks more realistic at the end.

REVIEWS
Spoiler:

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

• This mod can be used in multi-player and in single-player mode.

• All the movement computations are made client side, and no command is issued to the server (no teleportation or equivalent). To move the player, this mod only tells the Minecraft engine (client, or server) what the next player position should be.
    It won't breaks the physics of the game, e.g. you won't be able to travel trough blocks, and you won't be able to fly if you're not already in fly mode (with creative fly mode, or with excellent Zombe fly mode for instance).

So be aware of the the following :
    - if a block lies between you and the next supposed move during a traveling, you will get blocked. If this happens, simply stop the traveling with the appropriate command (see below).
    - if you travel too fast and go inside blocks during a traveling on a server, you will get kicked, as the server doesn't allows such moves. If this happens, simply reconnect to the server without quitting the game (all the registered points and trajectory will be still in memory, and can be reused without entering the commands again)
  • when a target is used, the mouse input will be locked once the traveling starts, in order not to disturb the traveling if you're shooting a video. The mouse will get unlocked once the traveling ends, or if the traveling is manually stopped with the appropriate command (see below)

(For versions prior to 1.3.1 only)
Spoiler:

HOW TO USE IT / QUICK TUTORIAL

(NOTE : I didn't rewrote this section for the latest version. Main changes are that you now can use a keyboard shortcut to register a point (instead of /cam p), and that you don't need to register a path anymore if you have the Autospline option active (unless you want to use another type of path).

Spoiler:

COMMANDS REFERENCE

Spoiler:

ABOUT CHAT MESSAGES
(NOTE : these options names have changed since the 1.3.1 version)

The first goal of this mode being to film timelapses, it was important to tell the other builders when the traveling ends.
That's why once a traveling ends, a nice chat message "Traveling ended !" is sent to everybody in game. This feature can be turned off through the configuration file by setting the endChatTravellingMsg value to false.

With the same idea, periodic messages are sent in order to tell what time is left for the current traveling. These messages are sent every 20 minutes, then every 10 minutes, then every 2 minutes. Each of these values can be configured along with the longPeriodMinutes, shortPeriodMinutes, and veryShortPeriodMinutes entries of the configuration file. This feature can be totally turned off by setting periodicChatTravellingMsg to false.

CONFIGURATION FILE

Edit : Since version 2.0, there is an ingame options GUI (press 'O' to access this screen).
It is NOT recommended to tune the config file directly. Some old entries do not work anymore, and some new entries are mainly there for my personnal needs.
If you play with these options and your game crashes, don't come here to ask support. Simply delete the file : a new one will be generated.

Spoiler:

OLD VERSIONS

I'm not updating Camera Studio for the 1.0 version of Minecraft anymore.

You still can get an old version here :

Old version link for Minecraft 1.0

Old version link for Minecraft 1.1

Don't forget to watch the command list below as they are slightly different than the new ones.
Spoiler:

CHANGELOG
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD LINKS

By downloading this mod, you implicitly agree with these license terms and with the following disclaimer :

** DISCLAIMER **
CameraStudio V2.2 (and higher) includes a video recorder, which may eat up your disk space when used intensively.
There are no checks in this mod regarding your available disk space, and I'm not taking any responsability for the damages done to your computer or your operating system if your disk goes full !
It's up to you to make tests to ensure you have enough disk space to record your videos, and to clean up regulary your video folder.

Link to latest version (V2.164) for Minecraft 1.6.4 (ADFLY)

Link to latest version (V2.9) for Minecraft 1.6.2 (ADFLY)

Link to latest version (V2.8.5) for Minecraft 1.5.2 (ADFLY)
In case of serious bug, you can still grab the V2.8 here.

Link to latest version (V2.7.1) for Minecraft 1.5.1 (ADFLY)

Link to latest version (V2.6) for Minecraft 1.4.6 / 1.4.7 (ADFLY)

Dependency : (REQUIRED IN ADDITION IF YOU WANT TO RECORD VIDEO WITH THIS MOD)
If you want to you use the video recorder facilities, you also need to install the following file :
Link to the video recorder dependency file (DIRECT LINK) (Valid for Camera Studio V2.2 and up)
Install this file the same way you installed CameraStudio (i.e. put in mods folder, or patch minecraft.jar with contents)

Older versions :

INSTALLATION
[indent=1]
  • WITH MODLOADER OR FORGE INSTALLED
    Simply put the zip file in your .minecraft/mods folder.
    DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION OF CAMERA STUDIO FROM THIS FOLDER !

• WITHOUT MODLOADER / FORGE
    Extract the archive, and add its contents (class file AND folder) into minecraft's jar file. Don't forget to delete the [META-INF] folder from the jar, or the game won't launch and you'll get a black screen.

Minecraft's jar file is different accordingly to the launcher version you're using. To find out which file you must patch, read the instructions here or here.

(MAC OS note)
Spoiler:

COMPATIBILITY

Since Minecraft 1.4, some features may not work with McPatcher. Use Optifine instead ! ;)
Other than that, no notable compatibility issue.
If your mod isn't compatible in standalone mode, try it with modloader.

If you experience a crash, before reporting the issue in this thread, please test CameraStudio without any external launcher except the official one (from Mojang), and test it without any other mod to find out the incompatibility.
Thank you.

(OLD VERSIONS)
Spoiler:

LICENSE

This mod remains the exclusive property of Sushen, referred here as The Owner, and is granted for free.
You have the right to use this mod, write reviews on it, and make video using it.
If you publish a video using this mod on a video hosting site (such as Youtube, or Dailymotion ..), you must put a direct link leading to this post in the video description.
You cannot reuse the content of this mod in other packs, or modify its content.
You cannot redistribute this mod or its content without a written agreement of The Owner.
The only legal links to download this mod are the ones provided in this post.

If you like this mod and find it helpful, donating is a concrete way to support me.
It will help me to keep this mod alive, maintain it, and add new contents to it.
Thanks a lot.

Posted Image

A total of 43 donations were made since this mod beginning (january 2012 - more than a year).
Here are the amounts of the latest ones : 20€, 3€, 10€
In average, people gave 10€, but you can give what you want - 1€ is fine. It's just a matter of saying this mod brings something essential to you!
Many thanks to the donators ;)
(updated on October 31th 2013, last donation October 22th 2013)

Please enjoy, and don't hesitate to share your creations with me Posted Image .
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

weedmandauber

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Wow! Awesome mod! Bacon to you :Bacon: :Bacon: :Bacon:   ! We can now make a bit better minecraft videos! I thank ye!
"One day i will stand up tall, i will look glorious, people will love me, and i will have an arrow in my chest. And that time i will smile, as the arrow is drilling my heart, as people cheer for my deeds, i will be knowing, my legacy is complete. The rest of the world is know yours son, go now, and make your own legacy, and die like me, the happiest man on earth, even if it though only for a day." - Mikkel T. Koss

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Postweedmandauber, on 13 January 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Wow! Awesome mod! Bacon to you :Bacon: :Bacon: :Bacon:   ! We can now make a bit better minecraft videos! I thank ye!
You're welcome :)
Posted Image

stranno
    stranno

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: stranno

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Oh my, this mod is outstanding, keep it up

dude0367
    dude0367

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Wow this mod is amazingly useful for youtube and all those things!

Many  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:  for you!

I recommend updating this to 1.1.0 as soon as possible so more people will be able to use it
Rapid Fire Bow Mod: http://www.minecraft...rapid-fire-bow/ (By ME! :D )
Youtube: dude0367

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

View Poststranno, on 13 January 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Oh my, this mod is outstanding, keep it up
Maybe its time to keep it up, indeed  :D
Posted Image

dude0367
    dude0367

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I recommend renaming the mod so it is slightly more obvious as to what it does. Maybe something catchy like -CameraCraft- or something like that.
Rapid Fire Bow Mod: http://www.minecraft...rapid-fire-bow/ (By ME! :D )
Youtube: dude0367

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postdude0367, on 13 January 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

I recommend renaming the mod so it is slightly more obvious as to what it does. Maybe something catchy like -CameraCraft- or something like that.
Yes, maybe you're right - thanks for the suggestion.
But CameraCraft being already taken (as well as CamCraft), I'll think at another new name :)
Main thing is that there are so many posts in the mod section that this thread is going quickly to the second page (veeery quickly :P), and so people don't see it - or maybe are not just interested in it, who knows :D
Posted Image

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts
  • Minecraft: Domino

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

CamPathCraft. lmao kind of a tongue twister lmao.

But i will certainly be using this in my cinematic videos. Will also promote it in all the vids.

Posted Image

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostDomino, on 14 January 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

CamPathCraft. lmao kind of a tongue twister lmao.

But i will certainly be using this in my cinematic videos. Will also promote it in all the vids.
Thanks a lot  :)

View Postdude0367, on 13 January 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

I recommend updating this to 1.1.0 as soon as possible so more people will be able to use it
Waiting for MCP to do that ;)
Posted Image

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postdude0367, on 13 January 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Ok, I think I understand why you said that  :lol:
Being french myself, in french "travelling" means "camera tracking". I thought in the first place that it was the same word in english, but it seems that "traveling" means more "travel" than "camera tracking", right ?  :blink:
Maybe I should call it Track-In-Time, what do you think ?   :rolleyes:

edit : or simply, CameraTracking
Posted Image

Shoukaseikyo
  • Minecraft: ShoukaSeikyo

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Your mod is awesome ! I'll obviously use it for recording videos of my constructions. =3

PITBULL4578
  • Minecraft: PITBULL4578

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Great Mod  :D

PITBULL4578
  • Minecraft: PITBULL4578

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is a really cool mod though not a lot of people know about it.  :(

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostPITBULL4578, on 15 January 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

This is a really cool mod though not a lot of people know about it.  :(
It needs time for the word to spread and people to use it ;)

With this mod, you'll do great videos ! Spread the word !!  :D
Posted Image

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

An update for 1.1 is coming soon.
Watch this thread ;)
Posted Image

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

up
Posted Image

Aurelien_Sama
  • Minecraft: Aurelien_Sama

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

This is just amazing and so simple.
I 've just played around for the moment, thank you for making this mod, my videos will be awesome with it!
Also, the elastic time is really handy !

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostAurelien_Sama, on 16 January 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

This is just amazing and so simple.
I 've just played around for the moment, thank you for making this mod, my videos will be awesome with it!
Also, the elastic time is really handy !
Thanks a lot  :)
Posted Image

Sushen
    Sushen

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

up
Posted Image