Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Trees Drop Apples


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1

xxLovexxpandaxx
  • Minecraft: xxLovexxpandaxx

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Apparently Trees Drop Apples, If You Know How To Make Trees Drop Them Tell Me. I Want To Try To Make An Apple Farm. Sorry If Someone Has Talked About This Already, I searched The Forums But I Could've Missed It.
"Fireplace's Solve Everything, Except Fires, Fireplace's Don't Solve Fires." -Adlingtont

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Hghgnghd
    Hghgnghd

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 606 posts
  • Minecraft: hghgnghd

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostxxLovexxpandaxx, on 12 January 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Apparently Trees Drop Apples, If You Know How To Make Trees Drop Them Tell Me. I Want To Try To Make An Apple Farm. Sorry If Someone Has Talked About This Already, I searched The Forums But I Could've Missed It.
in 1.1 leaves drop apples aswell as saplings when broken!
Hope this helps!
Posted Image
If I helped, Why not Give a (+)

#3

Mynotoar
    Mynotoar

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 513 posts
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: Mynotoar

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think there's a 1 in 200 chance that leaf blocks will drop them whatever you do. So... I guess, just set up a forest full of trees, make a crapton of axes, and get chopping!
Posted Image

#4

Miner_Creeper

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

it a 1/200 chance though so build alot of trees short ones though unless you like to climb

#5

khran
    khran

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Minecraft: khran

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

off the top of my head the chance that a tree drops an apple is like 3 in 200 oak trees, so grow 200 oak trees and your bound to have at least one :D
when porkchops and beef just arent enough
Posted Image

#6

ryan135
    ryan135

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: Ryan135

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

they drop every 200  :Leaves:leaf  block from a basic tree only way to farm them is to make a tree farm

#7

Malvisk
    Malvisk

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Why make them so rare?  It is the golden apple that is the item we'd want, and that requires 9 golden blocks, which is 81 gold ingots.

It would be cool if the trees just dropped them randomly, without needing to chop them down.... doesn't make sense really.

#8

Happy Fun Ball

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

There's a 1/200 chance of an apple dropping from a broken or disappearing leaf block (oak trees only). For saplings, it's around 1/5. I've noticed that on average, you'll get maybe one or two apples per tree cut down, and of course more from the really big ones.
Posted Image

#9

Waterdude
    Waterdude

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 174 posts
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: Waterdude

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostMalvisk, on 12 January 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Why make them so rare?  It is the golden apple that is the item we'd want, and that requires 9 golden blocks, which is 81 gold ingots.

It would be cool if the trees just dropped them randomly, without needing to chop them down.... doesn't make sense really.

Nonono, golden apples now use NUGGETS instead of blocks. That means one gold ingot is enough for a gold apple.
Where did I get this Premium from?

#10

Mew
    Mew

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: iCakeify

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Noticed that too, pretty awesome.

Posted Image


#11

Hunnimonster
  • Location: London, England
  • Minecraft: Hunnimonster

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Its a mod you can get for your game I think its called More trees mod

#12

wells123456
  • Minecraft: well845

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostHunnimonster, on 12 January 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Its a mod you can get for your game I think its called More trees mod
You my good man, are an idiot.

#13

zapados
    zapados

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

What about leaf blocks chopped down with shears?  Probably no chance of apples right?

#14

Muckdog
    Muckdog

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • Location: In your house stealing your diamonds!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

I LOL'ed at two above ^^

  But in other news how do I grow short trees as mentioned above? If I have a low roof and use bonemeal it will just not grow them...
Posted Image

#15

wells123456
  • Minecraft: well845

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostMuckdog, on 12 January 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

I LOL'ed at two above ^^

  But in other news how do I grow short trees as mentioned above? If I have a low roof and use bonemeal it will just not grow them...
6 blocks above your sapling(s) put any kind of block, then you should get a small tree.

#16

Muckdog
    Muckdog

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • Location: In your house stealing your diamonds!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

View Postwells123456, on 12 January 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

6 blocks above your sapling(s) put any kind of block, then you should get a small tree.

Hmm so counting the sapling as a block? I assume not. And place at 6th block above ground or on the bottom of 6th block? I assume 6th block.  Well I have to go try this then...
Posted Image

#17

wells123456
  • Minecraft: well845

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostMuckdog, on 12 January 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hmm so counting the sapling as a block? I assume not. And place at 6th block above ground or on the bottom of 6th block? I assume 6th block.  Well I have to go try this then...
Heres a diagram:
:mossystone:
::
::
::
::
::
:Sap: