Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Wool into String!


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1

sunboy128
    sunboy128

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1004 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

I think there was another thread with this, but its buried, and i don't think it would be okay to dig it back up,
So You make some string like this:
[]  []  []
  :Skeleton:  :Sheep:  []
[]  []  []
:White: =Wool

and it would make 4 string, its basically like making some sticks with wood, except your making string with wool,
Soo...what do you think?
Posted Image
Chumhandle: electronicAssassin

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Lil_Parker

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

sunboy128 said:

I think there was another thread with this, but its buried, and i don't think it would be okay to dig it back up,
So You make some string like this:
[]  []  []
  :White:  :White:  []
[]  []  []
:White: =Wool

and it would make 4 string, its basically like making some sticks with wood, except your making string with wool,
Soo...what do you think?
Well... Then bow= first minute of game.
I would like some way to make wool to string, because  :Spider:... yeah.
But 2 wool=4 string is OP.

#3

Megadog
    Megadog

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

more like:
[]  []  []
[]  :iapprove:  []
[]  []  []

makes 9 string.

Try it at home with string - wool!
Passive minecrafter FTW.

Hamumu.com, the site I should thank for helping me find minecraft.

#4

Cyrix
    Cyrix

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 809 posts
  • Location: Under your bed

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

Wool is SO easy to come by. I think it would need to be made by
:Green:  :Grey:  
:)  :White:  


and that would create  :Grey:. Which would make string by
:Grey:  :Grey:
:Grey:  :Grey:

So 16 wool / 1 string. I feel thats about right.

Posted Image


#5

Goosejuice

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

I think the 2 wool for 4 string is balanced, and why is a bow at the beginning a bad thing? You still have to get all the arrows, and that takes flint, which is really hard to get right off the bat.

#6

NastyBlasty

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Goosejuice said:

I think the 2 wool for 4 string is balanced, and why is a bow at the beginning a bad thing? You still have to get all the arrows, and that takes flint, which is really hard to get right off the bat.

If string is made so easy to get then we would need a better drop from spiders.
:RedShroom:

#7

gonoammo
    gonoammo

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

I've started and played through new games a week at a time and I've very rarely run into spiders. I only had one game out of at least 12 that I've started and played through that I've gotten enough string to make a bow. I'm not sure what everyone else's luck is, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I've also never found a red mushroom.

Anyway. I think that we should get string from wool as well. Wool is so easy to come by, I collect so much of it that even if we crafted a 3x3 square of wool to get some string, I'd be okay with this. I think it should be 2x2, however.
  []  []  []
:Notch:  :D  []
:Leaves:  :Leaves:  []

As for better drops from spiders, I don't know that we'd actually need to worry about that because I've rarely seen spiders. However, due to rarity, perhaps they could drop red dust like they're mechanical spiders, or perhaps they can be carrying random items. Though I think string from spiders still works. Maybe they can drop glue or a sticky substance to make glue. I don't know that we need glue though.

#8

GreyAcumen
    GreyAcumen

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4570 posts
  • Minecraft: GreyAcumen

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

Goosejuice said:

I think the 2 wool for 4 string is balanced, and why is a bow at the beginning a bad thing? You still have to get all the arrows, and that takes flint, which is really hard to get right off the bat.
No it's not. Mine a piece of gravel. If you get gravel, place it back down and mine it over again until you do.

I already have the suggestion for Crafting Wool into string as part of my Complete Block Improvements Guide, but it requires 9 white wool (or at least 9 wool all of the same color, but requiring just white will be more balanced)

#9

Sdurant
    Sdurant

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

The problem with this is that it is op early in the game, we need to find a way so that in the first two minutes you cant get a bow, but later on its easy to get so that its not a pain when making lots of dispensers or something

(this is just an example, and a horrible idea, but im demonstrating the early difficulty, later ease idea.)
For example, early in the game, you could only get string from spiders, but then later when you got gold you could use it in a recipe to make a loom (or whatever the wool-->string machines are called) that would make string easy to get.

not cheap at first, not annoying as hell later.
Posted Image

#10

sixtyseconds
  • Location: A cave
  • Minecraft: sixtyseconds

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

Sdurant said:

The problem with this is that it is op early in the game, we need to find a way so that in the first two minutes you cant get a bow, but later on its easy to get so that its not a pain when making lots of dispensers or something

(this is just an example, and a horrible idea, but im demonstrating the early difficulty, later ease idea.)
For example, early in the game, you could only get string from spiders, but then later when you got gold you could use it in a recipe to make a loom (or whatever the wool-->string machines are called) that would make string easy to get.

not cheap at first, not annoying as hell later.
How 'bout if you break wool with a diamond sword it drops 9 string instead? That seems sufficiently late in-game. Or maybe make a new tool? An Unraveler. It could require rare materials and break wool into string.
Posted Image