Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Nether Strongholds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BrooksyFC
  • Minecraft: Brooksy_FC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I've been searching the nether for a while now trying to find a stronghold. Is there an easy way to find one? Like are they situated over lava in the open or something? Also would destroying the nether portal and rebuilding it reset the area I spawn in there?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

willeeh_

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostBrooksyFC, on 09 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I've been searching the nether for a while now trying to find a stronghold. Is there an easy way to find one? Like are they situated over lava in the open or something? Also would destroying the nether portal and rebuilding it reset the area I spawn in there?
It's all about luck. It took me quite some hours and some saves to get into one.
Upcoming map! [Trailer]

vigtor
    vigtor

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Minecraft: Vigtor

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would say you should use a fly mod and then just fly around until you find one :) you should probably mark your portal so you can find back xD
[URL=http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/vigtor/media/ZeldaSignature.png.html]Posted Image[/url]

MrGuy214
    MrGuy214

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Minecraft: MrGuy214

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

From my experience atleast, your portal is usually somewhat near one
"The best part of Minecraft is blowing the f*ck out of everything you worked so hard to make" -Myself

DJDude97
    DJDude97

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • Minecraft: DJDude97

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I usually find them in giant lava lakes
Check out my youtube channel! Minecraft Let's play, SMP stuff, and CTM Maps!
http://www.youtube.c...LordOfLagiacrus

BrooksyFC
  • Minecraft: Brooksy_FC

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Cool, cheers for the advice. If I destroy the portal I have at the mo in the normal world and re make it, would it create a new spawn in the nether?
Posted Image

RuffleBump
  • Minecraft: RuffleBump

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBrooksyFC, on 09 January 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Cool, cheers for the advice. If I destroy the portal I have at the mo in the normal world and re make it, would it create a new spawn in the nether?

I don't think so, once you have built a portal, I'm pretty sure that for that area it stays there even if you move the original portal.  Also, every other portal built within the 1023 block range will go to the same portal in the Nether.  Now, if you move it 1024 blocks away from the first one then you will get a new portal location in the nether.
Posted Image