• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[64x64][1.7]Wolfhound Pack

• Please log in to reply
1400 replies to this topic

Poll: [64x64][1.7]Wolfhound Pack (212 member(s) have cast votes)

Which variation would you like to see semi-finished next?

1. Early Medieval (20 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

2. Late Medieval (23 votes [10.85%])

Percentage of vote: 10.85%

3. Prehistoric (10 votes [4.72%])

Percentage of vote: 4.72%

4. Turkish (6 votes [2.83%])

Percentage of vote: 2.83%

5. Modern (16 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

6. Undersea (18 votes [8.49%])

Percentage of vote: 8.49%

7. Steampunk (62 votes [29.25%])

Percentage of vote: 29.25%

8. Roman (12 votes [5.66%])

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

9. Corruption (9 votes [4.25%])

Percentage of vote: 4.25%

10. Sci-fi (16 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

11. Native American (20 votes [9.43%])

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Lordpigthe3rd
  • Minecraft: lordpigthe3rd

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostThistle, on 14 November 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

I never really intended the Corruption pack to be an everyday use pack, it's more a 'what the heck is this?' kind of novelty thing. That and it can be really fun to make, when I'm motivated.
Ok cool i just thought i'd throw my opinion out there, also I'm not saying i don't like corrupt, it could be used for some pretty cool, dark or demonic adventure maps.  
Also im working on a Pvp map for me and my friends today, and i think i'll suggest your texture packs.
Once again they look great.

Register or log in to remove.

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Added some more paintings for the dungeon pack to the customizer.

And I'd be interested in seeing some screenshots of that map when you're done, Lord Pig!
Posted Image

Lordpigthe3rd

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostThistle, on 16 November 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Added some more paintings for the dungeon pack to the customizer.

And I'd be interested in seeing some screenshots of that map when you're done, Lord Pig!
Ok thanks!
Also, it will be a while, before it's available for download, but I'll start a thread soon.
Edit: I started the thread, its called The Kingdom: Minecraft PvP with a Twist
Sorry to "advertise" my thread here, but you wanted to see pics.  The pics will be there soon.

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostLordpigthe3rd, on 16 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Ok thanks!
Also, it will be a while, before it's available for download, but I'll start a thread soon.
Edit: I started the thread, its called The Kingdom: Minecraft PvP with a Twist
Sorry to "advertise" my thread here, but you wanted to see pics.  The pics will be there soon.

I don't mind advertising, I really like seeing what other people build with my textures.  Let me know when there's screenshots!
Posted Image

Lordpigthe3rd

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostThistle, on 17 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

I don't mind advertising, I really like seeing what other people build with my textures.  Let me know when there's screenshots!
With pleasure
Also I'm kind of a noob when it comes to forums, so how do I get a banner on my profile thing, like yours has the picture if the texture

Lordpigthe3rd

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

There is one picture of the Mage Tower up on that page, i'd be great if you would go check it out, as of now no one has even viewed it! Posted Image

Starlightina
  • Minecraft: Aviskye

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostLordpigthe3rd, on 17 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

There is one picture of the Mage Tower up on that page, i'd be great if you would go check it out, as of now no one has even viewed it! Posted Image

...I did? :3

The thread wasn't loading properly for some reason =.= so I'll write my comment here. It's very nice; I especially like that little structure on the right.

Posted Image

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hmmm.  What to work on today...
Posted Image

MusketSniper

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Have you considered compatibility with balkons weapon mod? You already have a full set of spears, daggers, and warhammers, thereby taking a large chunk of work out of the picture if you did that. :)

And if you cant think of a specific thing to work on, would it be selfish of me to suggest continued work on the prehistoric flavor? I was eager to see the that planned and the javelin/reed fence look awesome in-game as is, but feel somewhat out of place on their own.

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostMusketSniper, on 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

Have you considered compatibility with balkons weapon mod? You already have a full set of spears, daggers, and warhammers, thereby taking a large chunk of work out of the picture if you did that. :)

And if you cant think of a specific thing to work on, would it be selfish of me to suggest continued work on the prehistoric flavor? I was eager to see the that planned and the javelin/reed fence look awesome in-game as is, but feel somewhat out of place on their own.

Could you link me to the mod?

And yeah, I can work on that today.
Posted Image

MusketSniper

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

http://www.minecraft...extended-reach/

There you go :)

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Added some more prehistoric stuff to the customizer - stone, cobblestone, ores, ore blocks.  Ores are: petrified wood, flint, amber, malachite, azurite, and mica.

Posted Image
Posted Image

spike_manra
  • Minecraft: spike_manra

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

i love this texture pack. but i am working on a pretty big build i have planned too lay out for download, and i use this texture pack on that build. but here is the problem i have modified the pack, just a little bit, i only re-textured one of the wooden planks too red. but can i lay that out for download ( the modified texture pack of curse) or can i not?????? i know that you own the rights too the texture pack.

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postspike_manra, on 20 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

i love this texture pack. but i am working on a pretty big build i have planned too lay out for download, and i use this texture pack on that build. but here is the problem i have modified the pack, just a little bit, i only re-textured one of the wooden planks too red. but can i lay that out for download ( the modified texture pack of curse) or can i not?????? i know that you own the rights too the texture pack.

I prefer for people to not include my texture pack in their downloads, as if Minecraft updates that's another download that needs to be updated and it's not in my control.  Sorry.
Posted Image

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

I have no idea what to do for the end for the Asian pack.  Suggestions?
Posted Image

MusketSniper

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

We could still use a scroll item icon, as the asian bookshelf is a scroll shelf. As for the shelf itself, I like them but i think it'd look better with the scrolls visible straight-on instead of an angle (it feels like they should be jutting out 3-dimensionally with the angle they have, but it doesn't really even provide that illusion.) and perhaps more detail like the other shelves, like little bonsai trees, ect. The jukebox could be some kind of Chinese/Japanese/Korean instrument, leaning against the block kind of like the violin option. Somebody mentioned a cho-ko-nu crossbow earlier, and I liked the idea, but maybe that in addition to a more standard-looking bow, like a mongol shortbow?

Posted Image

Since katanas were exclusively Japanese as far as I know, for the sake of making the pack more "open" as far as asian themes go, maybe a selection of Chinese-style swords, with a bronze sword instead of stone? I know someone with more knowledge of asian history will probably correct me, but I believe bronze continued to be used in abundance in Chinese warfare even after the end of their "Bronze age," and the brittleness of bronze compared to iron would make sense as the stone sword vs. iron sword durability.
That, and it would look cool XD
For building material, maybe a different stone brick? With all due respect, it doesnt look/feel like stone brick, resembling more some kind of cobblestone instead. It probably looks good in certain patterns or builds, but if someone has a pre-existing castle or something it wont look great with that particular arch-y pattern repeated over and over.

Is that what you're looking for as far as suggestions go? Ps, cool progress on prehistoric :)

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Not quite, I really need suggestions for the end as in the End, as in endstone and the portal blocks.  I've got kind of a 'forbidden city' theme with the nether (that's what I used for reference photos) but I'm not sure what to do with the end.  Though I'm gonna have to use the Mongolian shortbow, I like that a lot and it'll be a lot easier to draw.

And on a side-note, I added more wolves, instead of doing the textures I should really be doing like the Wither.
Posted Image

spike_manra
  • Minecraft: spike_manra

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostThistle, on 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

I prefer for people to not include my texture pack in their downloads, as if Minecraft updates that's another download that needs to be updated and it's not in my control.  Sorry.
yeah i understand that but the build would not update either soo it would work okey

Lordpigthe3rd

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

More Pics are up, thanks for viewing the tower earlier.

Thistle
    Thistle

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1661 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

So, I might be getting one of my short stories published.  Has nothing to do with texturing, I know, but is still SO COOL.
Posted Image