-Updated to v4.0.0.Beta on March 3rd, 2014-
100% translated languages: Dutch, English, Finnish, German, Lithuanian, Spanish (Europe), Spanish (Mexico)
75%+ translated languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Estonian, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Europe), Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish (Argentina), Swedish, Turkish
Say goodbye to those annoying and ugly Testificates! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) aims to give the original villagers an actual use within the game.
SheWolfDeadly is the other developer. Give her a little love on YouTube and subscribe! Also follow her on Twitter: @SheWolfDeadly.
- Villagers are no longer derpy Caveman Squidwards. MCA replaces them with male or female humans with many unique skins.
- Villagers can be interacted with. You can talk to them, ask them to follow you, set their home, give them gifts, etc.
- Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough and you will be able to marry a villager.
- You will be able to have children with the villager you marry.
- Children will grow over time and do chores for you. They will eventually grow into adults who can get married and have children of their own.
- MCA will change the way you play hardcore mode forever. Playing in hardcore unlocks a small, but game-changing super secret feature!
- You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
- No loss of original Minecraft functionality. MCA villagers can be traded with.
We're now confident that MCA 4 can be considered Beta. Many reported issues have been fixed. We have released updates to both it and RadixCore. Make sure you download and update both!
In celebration of MCA's two-millionth download, we're releasing the Alpha version of MCA 4! Find it in Downloads below.
Instructions: Click a download link, press Skip Ad when it appears, and then press the green Download button that has the file’s size beside it. Don’t click an ad by mistake.
Help support us and what we'd like to do via: Patreon
Required To Play
(These links belong to the creators of Forge, not me.)
Forge for Minecraft v1.6.4: Download Forge Installer v18.104.22.1686 for Minecraft v1.6.4
Forge for Minecraft v1.6.2: Download Forge Installer v22.214.171.1241 for Minecraft v1.6.2
Forge for Minecraft v1.5.2: Download Forge v126.96.36.1997 for Minecraft v1.5.2
Forge for Minecraft v1.4.7: Download Forge v188.8.131.524 for Minecraft v1.4.7
All Forge Downloads: View
Automatic Installer (Windows only)
Download MCA Installer (v1.6.x+): Download MCA Installer for Minecraft v1.6.x+ (Mirror)
Download MCA and Forge Installer (v1.5.2): Download MCA and Forge Installer for Minecraft v1.5.2 (Mirror)
Latest Version of MCA
MCA for Minecraft v1.6.4: Download MCA v3.6.0 for Minecraft v1.6.4 | (Mirror)
MCA for Minecraft v1.6.2: Download MCA v3.6.0 for Minecraft v1.6.2 | (Mirror)
MCA for 1.7.2
Required for 1.7.2 only! Drop the file into your mods folder with MCA.
RadixCore Standard Mod Framework: Download RadixCore v0.9.0.Beta for Minecraft 1.7.2
(This is our "Standard Mod Framework" that all of our current and future mods will begin using. It will help us and potentially other modders create mods faster and with more content. We are not ready to release the source code yet.)
Warning: 1.7.2 requires the RadixCore Standard Mod Framework to run. See above.
Note that THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE. THERE WILL BE BUGS.
MCA for Minecraft v1.7.2: Download MCA v4.0.0.Beta for Minecraft 1.7.2
Warning: 1.7.2 requires the RadixCore Standard Mod Framework to run. See above.
Old Versions of MCA
x64 Skin Creation Pack by Zigadooz: Download x64 Skin Creation Pack
Requires GIMP. Layer naming: M = Male, F = Female, U = Unisex.
GitHub Repository: View MCA on GitHub
Latest MCA Source: Download MCA v3.6.0 for Minecraft v1.6.4 - Source
MCA Installer Source (Written in Visual C#): Download MCA Installer - Source
My Other Mods
Arrows Plus: View Topic
Spellbound: View Topic
Download from CurseForge
MCA is also hosted on CurseForge. The link below will give you the most recent version, provided that Curse has updated MCA. This page will always be updated before the below link. Please only use this link if the above links do not work, or if you just want to give MCA a little more attention.
Licensed with GPL v3.
Copyright © 2014 WildBamaBoy
If you enjoy MCA and want to show your appreciation, you can donate towards its development. Every amount donated is immensely appreciated.
Donators/Truly Awesome People
- AOswaldo ($65.00)
- MLourblanc ($40.00)
- BSchuler ($20.00)
- KKnutson ($20.00)
- SPorter ($15.00)
- Wolfybear ($10.00)
- GBrooks ($10.00)
- GPrice ($10.00)
- GMorrow ($10.00)
- HStuewert ($10.00)
- DHammond ($10.00)
- BWolcott ($10.00)
- MDaccarett ($10.00)
- SGAShepp ($7.77)
- SCarter ($5.00)
- JSwisher ($5.00)
- MMckenzie ($5.00)
- JDBolin ($5.00)
- MikkiMmowsey ($5.00)
- CaterBeth ($5.00)
- KFarrens ($5.00)
- MGoemer ($4.20)
- TrinityJC ($3.00)
- Beatworld Records ($3.00)
- RBenn ($1.50)
- JMinfa ($1.24)
- GameTesterHosting ($1.00)
- WBierbaum ($1.00)
- Shadowyblade ($1.00)
- Lou9896 ($1.00)
- LDaray ($1.00)
- LFurlong ($1.00)
- LFrenette ($0.50)
- LYoungs ($0.10)
- GTsimos ($0.10)
- DLuong ($0.10)
- Fix: Fixed crash while mining modded blocks.
- Fix: Fixed game-breaking crash when a child's axe broke while woodcutting. Broken worlds are restored.
- Fix: Fixed crash when giving villagers cake on a server.
- Fix: "For Science, You Monster" now unlocks correctly.
- Fix: You are now able to take gifts from villagers who have a gift available for you.
- Fix: The lost relative document is now properly removed from your inventory when it is used.
- MAJOR: This version may not work correctly or at all when using an existing world containing MCA villagers! Perform backups before testing. Use at your own risk!
- MAJOR: Item IDs have been shifted up into the 25,000s range by default. All items added by MCA may disappear upon loading a new world!
- Feature: Added new tombstone model and texture.
- Feature: You can now interact with players by right clicking them with a wedding ring or nothing in your hands.
- Feature: Added 41 new skins from the following users - Vampigeon32, Creativewallz, northrup117, Crudecadet, DonOfAllTime, Meowzahs, kat60906, nimz091, Opee_O, Will3wildiie, Bree_15, abba1115, and xXAdamXx.
- Feature: Villagers and children can now ride horses.
- Feature: Villager Editor now has two pages, allowing for more customizable options in the future.
- Feature: Added Cooking chore - this is for spouses only. Some villagers will cook faster or slower than others!
- Feature: You can now create decorative crowns that are either red, blue, green, pink, or purple.
- Feature: Children now gain experience from doing chores. Experience leads to enhanced results for that chore.
- Feature: Particles now spawn when two villagers get married.
- Feature: Villagers are much less finicky with their home points.
- Feature: Villagers and children have variable heights.
- Feature: Tombstones can be placed at angles.
- Feature: You can rename a villager by using a name tag on them.
- Feature: A villager's name is displayed above their head when you look at them. This can be turned off in Setup.
- Feature: Anyone following you will sprint when you sprint.
- Feature: Villagers now have armor slots in their inventory, and no longer wear the best combination of armor.
- Feature: A villager you are engaged to is now called your Fiancé or Fiancée.
- Change: Children are slightly smaller than they were before.
- Change: Villagers no longer run away in fear when you draw an axe while they are chasing you.
- Change: A villager will now get angry when you divorce from them.
- Change: Villagers who are staying go to sleep on that spot after one minute, not two.
- Change: Villagers now exit gift mode when you move 10 blocks away.
- Change: Getting engaged no longer unlocks the Gettin' Hitched achievement.
- Change: Setup buttons moved slightly upwards.
- Change: You no longer gift one arranger's ring at a time. Instead, you must have two arranger's rings in your inventory, and the villager you gift the ring to will marry the villager that is closest to them.
- Change: You no longer gift one cake at a time. Instead, you must have two cakes, plus the villager and their spouse must be next to each other. Gifting the cake to one will automatically gift it to the other.
- Fix: Dialogue issue when telling villagers to do a chore has been fixed.
- Fix: Skins in the Villager Editor are now correctly sorted in numerical order.
- Fix: Guards no longer attack creepers.
- Fix: Babies not growing up on a server should be much more reliable now.
- Fix: Possible fix to multiplayer identity switching.
- Fix: Crash when interacting with villager children/adults whose parent(s) had died will no longer happen.
- Fix: Villagers with parents should no longer incorrectly show (Parents Deceased).
- Fix: Random crash when changing a villager's gender in the villager editor will no longer happen.
- Fix: Villagers can now wear colored leather armor.
- Fix: A villager's leggings will no longer shrink into their body after re-loading your world.
- Fix: Villagers will now only sleep in the overworld.
- Fix: A wedding ring is now consumed when marrying a player.
- Fix: Fixed a few odd issues with the villager editor.
- Fix: Female (villager) couples can no longer have children.
- Fix: Guards and children no longer attack mobs that cannot be seen. (Underground, behind walls, etc.)
- Fix: Villagers no longer speak twice when you hit them with a weapon.
- Technical: Much smaller network and memory footprint.
- Technical: Tons upon tons of under-the-hood optimizations.
This is my personal list of bugs in order of severity. Some bugs may have fixes listed below them. I try to fix all bugs in each new release of MCA.
Please post bug reports here on the forum if you do not have a GitHub account, and I will
respond with a link to the newly created issue. You will be able to track the bug as it is analyzed and fixed.
Manual Installation Instructions for Windows (New launcher only!)
Manual Installation Instructions for Mac (New launcher only!)
Automatic Installation Instructions for Windows (New launcher only!)
Automatic Installation Instructions for Windows (Old launcher only!)
Check here if you ever want to help out with content in the mod. Open the spoiler below the listing you want to help with to view more information.
Translate To Another Language
This is my personal list of things I am working on for the next update.
Green features have been completed.
Blue features are in development.
Red features have been cancelled for the next update.
Update Progress for MCA v4.0.0
- Port to 1.7.2.
- An API that allows other mods to work with MCA's villagers.
- Implementation of RadixCore API.
Support MCA by pasting one of these banners into your signature! I would gladly accept any more that are made and host them here.
Logo by RicardoEsteves
Banner by RicardoEsteves
Logo by ChimneySwift11
Logo by NeonXperience
Banner by VorensHD
Any questions about what you can do with the mod are answered here. If I don't answer your question, feel free to PM me.
- Use this mod in a mod pack. Provide a link to this thread and do not modify the contents of the mod archive.
- Use this mod (or elements of it) in an adventure map.
- Post videos of this mod and any of its content to YouTube and/or any other video sharing website.
- Create content packs (code, textures, etc.) for this mod. If you add code, you must adhere to GPL v3.
- Bypass the adf.ly page by using or creating a direct link. Be nice and support the modders! 5 seconds is not that long.
- Use URL shorteners/advertising to make money from a link to this mod or its thread.
- Use URL shorteners/advertising to make money from a modpack that contains this mod.
- Distribute modified versions of this mod.
If you plan on hosting MCA on your website, please link to the download with an official adf.ly link. Adf.ly provides motivation, and less motivation means less work gets done.
First and foremost, thanks to my wonderful girlfriend, SheWolfDeadly, for the mod's idea and request.
WildBamaBoy - Lead Programmer
SheWolfDeadly - Lead Designer / Assistant Programmer
mezzodrinker - Forum Moderator
The_Nanobots - Forum Moderator
Thanks to Neoptolemus (planetelderscrolls.com) for the inspiration for the name. Inspired by: Morrowind Comes Alive.
Thanks to ChimneySwift11 for a logo and spotlight video.
Thanks to Shindokaku for multiple great installation videos.
Thanks to TBone105Presents for his great LPs of this mod.
Thanks to NeonXperience for a logo and overhauling existing skins.
Thanks to Rhodox for textures from the Painterly Pack
Thanks to RicardoEsteves for a great logo and banner.
Thanks to Zigadooz for the x64 skin creation pack.
Crowdin.net, a collaborative translation service, is used to manage translations now. 1200+ people have contributed to the project, which is far too many to show here. Thank you all for your contributions.
The following people translated the mod into another language prior to the v2.0.8 update. This was much more tedious than using Crowdin.
The following people contributed dialogue to the mod.
The following people have contributed skins that were accepted into the mod.
Edited by WildBamaBoy, 04 March 2014 - 03:19 AM.