-Updated to v3.5.4 on October 22nd, 2013-
100% translated languages: Arabic, English, Finnish, French (Europe), German, Hungarian, Portuguese (Brazilian),Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Europe), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish
75%+ translated languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Europe), Russian, Turkish
Translators and skin artists needed. See the Help Wanted section.
Say goodbye to those annoying and ugly Testificates! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) aims to give Minecraft&#39;s villagers an actual use within the game.
- Villagers are no longer derpy Caveman Squidwards. MCA replaces them with male or female humans with many unique skins.
- Villagers can be interacted with. You can talk to them, ask them to follow you, set their home, give them gifts, etc.
- Interacting with villagers builds relationships. Get your relationship high enough and you will be able to marry a villager.
- You will be able to have children with the villager you marry.
- Children will grow over time and do chores for you. They will eventually grow into adults who can get married and have children of their own.
- Playing in Hardcore mode opens a small secret feature. It&#39;s nothing too major...or is it?
- You can marry other players and have children in SMP and LAN.
- No loss of original Minecraft functionality. MCA villagers can be traded with.
(Follow SheWolfDeadly on Twitter for further information about MCA: SheWolfDeadly)
I have grown increasingly frustrated with Curse's TERRIBLE FORUM SOFTWARE and wikia's users, so MCA will be getting a website and will move away from this forum page. The forum page will remain, but all content from it and wikia's pages will be migrated to the website.
Just a notice - Updating to v3.6.0 will require a new world for each version of Minecraft. I&#39;ve taken the opportunity to fix some glaring issues that unfortunately do not transfer well across versions.
MCA has been updated again to fix more issues with the skin loader on Mac. The update also fixes a few issues with multiplayer. See changelog for details.
MCA has been updated to fix issues some users were having with the rewritten skin loader. Also fixes a crash when loading due to the fishing chore.
Some links in the Downloads section, like Forge and MCA&#39;s GitHub link, were broken and have been restored.
A small bugfix update will be available sometime
In other news, I no longer have the time to construct the HD texture pack that has been under Update Progress for months, so I will release the source file so that anyone interested can create some skins with it.
The file is an .xcf (Use with GIMP) containing many layers of clothing, skins, facial features, etc. that you can toggle on and off to create your own unique x64 villager skins. Name your skins appropriately and place them with the mod&#39;s skins to see it in-game (See FAQ for how to do this).
All credit goes to Zigadooz for creating these textures. Download is available in the Downloads section.
Instructions: Click a download link, press Skip Ad when it appears, and then press the green Download button that has the file’s size beside it. Don’t click an ad by mistake.
Required To Play
(These links belong to the creators of Forge, not me.)
Forge for Minecraft v1.6.4: Download Forge Installer v22.214.171.1246 for Minecraft v1.6.4
Forge for Minecraft v1.6.2: Download Forge Installer v126.96.36.1991 for Minecraft v1.6.2
Forge for Minecraft v1.5.2: Download Forge v188.8.131.527 for Minecraft v1.5.2
Forge for Minecraft v1.4.7: Download Forge v184.108.40.2064 for Minecraft v1.4.7
All Forge Downloads: View
Automatic Installer (Windows only)
Download MCA Installer (v1.6.x+): Download MCA Installer for Minecraft v1.6.x+ (Mirror)
Download MCA and Forge Installer (v1.5.2): Download MCA and Forge Installer for Minecraft v1.5.2 (Mirror)
Latest Version of MCA
MCA for Minecraft v1.6.4: Download MCA v3.5.4 for Minecraft v1.6.4 (Mirror)
MCA for Minecraft v1.6.2: Download MCA v3.5.4 for Minecraft v1.6.2 (Mirror)
MCA for Minecraft v1.5.2: Download MCA v3.5.4 for Minecraft v1.5.2 (Mirror)
MCA for Minecraft v1.4.7: Download MCA v3.5.4 for Minecraft v1.4.7 (Mirror)
Old Versions of MCA
x64 Skin Creation Pack by Zigadooz: Download x64 Skin Creation Pack
Requires GIMP. Layer naming: M = Male, F = Female, U = Unisex.
GitHub Repository: View MCA on GitHub
Latest MCA Source: Download MCA v3.5.4 - Source
MCA Installer Source (Written in Visual C#): Download MCA Installer - Source
My Other Mods
Arrows Plus: View Topic
BashPack Bacon Mod: View Topic
Licensed with GPL v3.
Copyright © 2013 WildBamaBoy
MCA is provided to you for free and I maintain it during my own free time. If you enjoy MCA and want to show your appreciation, you can donate towards its development. Every amount donated is immensely appreciated.
Donators/Truly Awesome People
- AOswaldo ($65.00)
- MLourblanc ($40.00)
- BSchuler ($20.00)
- KKnutson ($20.00)
- SPorter ($15.00)
- Wolfybear ($10.00)
- GBrooks ($10.00)
- GPrice ($10.00)
- GMorrow ($10.00)
- HStuewert ($10.00)
- DHammond ($10.00)
- BWolcott ($10.00)
- MDaccarett ($10.00)
- SGAShepp ($7.77)
- SCarter ($5.00)
- JSwisher ($5.00)
- MMckenzie ($5.00)
- JDBolin ($5.00)
- MikkiMmowsey ($5.00)
- CaterBeth ($5.00)
- KFarrens ($5.00)
- MGoemer ($4.20)
- TrinityJC ($3.00)
- Beatworld Records ($3.00)
- RBenn ($1.50)
- JMinfa ($1.24)
- GameTesterHosting ($1.00)
- WBierbaum ($1.00)
- Shadowyblade ($1.00)
- Lou9896 ($1.00)
- LDaray ($1.00)
- LFurlong ($1.00)
- LFrenette ($0.50)
- LYoungs ($0.10)
- GTsimos ($0.10)
- DLuong ($0.10)
For a full list of changelogs, click here.
- Change: Colors of update notification were changed.
- Fix: Skin loader can now appropriately load skins from a folder on Mac.
- Fix: Crash when children grow up while doing chores on a server will no longer happen.
- Fix: Crash when time runs out for hired villagers will no longer happen.
- Feature: Skin loader can now detect MCA within another folder inside the mods folder.
- Fix: Skin loader will no longer try to open files that aren&#39;t zip archives.
- Fix: Crash caused by fishing chore has been fixed.
- Feature: MCA&#39;s skin loader is much less sensitive now. You can now name the MCA mod file whatever you want, unzip it into the mods folder, etc. MCA will scan each file and folder in your mods folder and determine which one is MCA.
- Change: Chore button re-enabled for adult children in order to access combat chore.
- Change: Guards attack unknown mobs by default now. Should help with defending against mobs from other mods.
- Fix: Game no longer crashes when interacting with a child who has grown up while doing a chore.
- Fix: You can now control an adult child&#39;s combat chore.
- Technical: Crash handler revamped.
This is my personal list of bugs in order of severity. Some bugs may have fixes listed below them. I try to fix all bugs in each new release of MCA.
- Game sometimes crashes when interacting with villager children.
- Colored leather on villagers shows up brown.
- Leggings worn by MCA villagers sometimes shrink into their body.
Manual Installation Instructions for Mac (Minecraft v1.6.2 and above)
Automatic Installation Instructions for Windows (Minecraft v1.5.2)
Automatic Installation Instructions for Windows (Minecraft v1.6.2 and above)
Manual Installation Instructions for Windows (Minecraft v1.6.2 and above)
Check here if you ever want to help out with content in the mod. Open the spoiler below the listing you want to help with to view more information.
Translate To Another Language
This is my personal list of things I am working on for the next update.
Green features have been completed.
Blue features are in development.
Red features have been cancelled for the next update.
Update Progress for MCA v3.6.0
- Some sort of API (Suggestions for content?)
- Variable villager height.
- Decorative crowns for children.
- Add submitted skins.
- Unique food.
- Spouses give you a meal twice a day. Meals have beneficial effects.
- Grandchildren randomly find things to give you.
- Children perform their chores better the more they do them.
Support MCA by pasting one of these banners into your signature! I would gladly accept any more that are made and host them here.
Logo by RicardoEsteves
Banner by RicardoEsteves
Logo by ChimneySwift11
Logo by NeonXperience
Banner by VorensHD
Any questions about what you can do with the mod are answered here. If I don&amp;#39;t answer your question, feel free to PM me.
- Use this mod in a mod pack. Provide a link to this thread and do not modify the contents of the mod archive.
- Use this mod (or elements of it) in an adventure map.
- Post videos of this mod and any of its content to YouTube and/or any other video sharing website.
- Create content packs (code, textures, etc.) for this mod. If you add code, you must adhere to GPL v3.
- Bypass the adf.ly page by using or creating a direct link. Be nice and support the modders! 5 seconds isn&#39;t that long.
- Use URL shorteners/advertising to make money from a link to this mod or its thread.
- Use URL shorteners/advertising to make money from a modpack that contains this mod.
- Distribute modified versions of this mod.
If you plan on hosting MCA on your website, please link to the download with an official adf.ly link. Adf.ly provides motivation, and less motivation means less work gets done.
First and foremost, thanks to my wonderful girlfriend, SheWolfDeadly, for the mod&#39;s idea and request.
WildBamaBoy - Lead Programmer
SheWolfDeadly - Lead Designer
mezzodrinker - Forum Manager
The_Nanobots - Forum Manager
Thanks to Neoptolemus (planetelderscrolls.com) for the inspiration for the mod&amp;#39;s name. Inspired by: Morrowind Comes Alive.
Thanks to ChimneySwift11 for a logo and spotlight video.
Thanks to Shindokaku for multiple great installation videos.
Thanks to TBone105Presents for his great LPs of this mod.
Thanks to NeonXperience for a logo and overhauling existing skins.
Thanks to Rhodox for textures from the Painterly Pack
Thanks to RicardoEsteves for a great logo and banner.
Thanks to Zigadooz for the x64 skin creation pack.
Crowdin.net, a collaborative translation service, is used to manage translations now. 1200+ people have contributed to the project, which is far too many to show here. Thank you all for your contributions.
The following people translated the mod into another language prior to the v2.0.8 update. This was much more tedious than using Crowdin.
The following people contributed dialogue to the mod.
The following people have contributed skins to the mod.
Edited by WildBamaBoy, 03 December 2013 - 10:14 PM.