Latest Mod Version: v3.3.4100% Translated Languages: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish (Europe), Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish
85%+ Translated Languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (Simplified), Czech, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Turkish
Translators and Skin Artists: See Help Wanted section to contribute!
Check out the Wiki! (Work in progress)
Say goodbye to those ugly and boring Testificates! Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA) aims to give Minecraft's villagers an actual use within the game.
Developer Let's Play
- Help Wanted
- Known Bugs and Fixes
- Update Progress
- Villagers are no longer "Caveman Squidwards". MCA replaces them with male or female humans that have many unique skins.
- Villagers can be interacted with. You can talk to them, ask them to follow you, set their home, give them gifts, etc.
- You can build a relationship with villagers. Get your relationship with one high enough and you can marry them. You can have children with the villagers that you marry.
- Your children will grow over time and do chores for you. They will eventually grow into adults who can get married and have their own children.
- Playing in Hardcore mode opens up a tiny secret feature. It's nothing too major, or is it?
- Full SMP/LAN support!
(Follow LuvTrumpetStyle on Twitter for further information about MCA: https://twitter.com/LuvTrumpetStyle)
(And follow mine to make her mad. https://twitter.com/WildBamaBoy)
MCA has been updated to v3.3.4. See changelog for details. Hopefully this update will stop both the issues plaguing LAN and the issues with mute children, as the problem that caused both was the same thing. If it doesn't, the villager editor will now allow you to fix these children.
Apologies for no news and slow replies. Busy with IRL matters.
I've corrected guards not spawning, and I will test tomorrow to see if my fix for muted nameless children and LAN issues works correctly on a dedicated server. Then I will release update 3.3.4. I believe this one will finally put an end to the "quirkiness" of MCA with multiple players.
Instructions: Click a download link, press "Skip Ad" when it appears, and then press the green "Download" button that has the file's size after the word, "Download." Don't click an advertisement by mistake. My apologies for those.
Required To Play
Forge (These links belong to Forge, not me.)Automatic InstallerLatest VersionOlder Versions
- MCA for Minecraft v1.5.1: Download MCA v3.3.1 (Mirror)
- MCA for Minecraft v1.4.7: Download MCA v3.3.0b
- MCA for Minecraft v1.4.5: Download MCA v3.0.3
- MCA for Minecraft v1.2.5: Download MCA v2.1.1
- MCA for Minecraft v1.2.3: Download MCA v1.3.4
- MCA for Minecraft v1.1: Download MCA v1.2.1
- MCA for Minecraft v1.0: Download MCA v1.0.3_1
- Latest MCA Source: Download MCA v3.3.4 - Source
- MCA Installer Source (Visual C#): Download MCA Installer - Source
Copyright © 2013 WildBamaBoy
You can view the license here: GPL-3.0
MCA is provided to you for free and I maintain it during my own free time. If you enjoy MCA, please donate towards its development. Every amount donated is immensely appreciated.
Donators/Truly Awesome People
- AOswaldo ($65.00)
- MLourblanc ($40.00)
- BSchuler ($20.00)
- KKnutson ($20.00)
- SPorter ($15.00)
- GBrooks ($10.00)
- GPrice ($10.00)
- HStuewert ($10.00)
- DHammond ($10.00)
- BWolcott ($10.00)
- MDaccarett ($10.00)
- SGAShepp ($7.77)
- JSwisher ($5.00)
- MMckenzie ($5.00)
- JDBolin ($5.00)
- MikkiMmowsey ($5.00)
- CaterBeth ($5.00)
- KFarrens ($5.00)
- MGoemer ($4.20)
- TrinityJC ($3.00)
- Beatworld Records ($3.00)
- RBenn ($1.50)
- JMinfa ($1.24)
- Shadowyblade ($1.00)
- Lou9896 ($1.00)
- LDaray ($1.00)
- LFurlong ($1.00)
- LFrenette ($0.50)
- LYoungs ($0.10)
- GTsimos ($0.10)
- DLuong ($0.10)
Windows Installation Tutorial
Mac Installation Tutorial
Check here if you ever want to help out with content in the mod. Open the spoiler below the listing you want to help with to view more information.
Translate To Another Language
- Feature: Setup is now run when logging into LAN or a server, eliminating the need to set your name and gender via commands.
- Feature: Added skins by Yoshikirby, jjkfore, and Nadaur.
- Feature: Children can now be edited with the villager editor.
- Fix: Incorrect trading options for specific professions has been fixed.
- Fix: Guards will now spawn again.
- Fix: Swapping identities in LAN should no longer happen.
- Fix: LAN issues with children should no longer happen.
- Fix: Children no longer have the possibility of being mute and nameless.
- Removal: You can no longer trade with guards.
- Technical: World properties rewrite. Handled server side only and exchanged between client and server when appropriate.
- Fix: Game no longer crashes a dedicated server when villagers are spawned.
- Feature: Minecraft 1.5.2 is now suppported.
- Feature: Mobs will now attack villagers.
- Feature: Guards and children can now attack mobs from other mods.
- Feature: The original trading system is now accessible from MCA villagers.
- Feature: Added skins by FluffyBunny1089, AxelZabrak, and Wulfyk.
- Change: Hunting is now dangerous for a child who doesn't have armor and a weapon.
- Change: Combat chore GUI has been changed around.
- Fix: Conflicts with entity IDs should no longer be a problem.
- Fix: Game no longer tries to unlock achievements for players who are offline. This caused a game breaking crash. Broken worlds are restored.
- Fix: Corrected unlocking achievements for the wrong players.
- Fix: Game no longer tries to unlock the wrong achievement when getting your children married.
- Fix: Game no longer crashes in Hardcore mode with Mo'Creatures installed.
- Fix: Adult player children no longer act like children to other players when they are adults.
- Fix: A crash while saving a world's properties should no longer happen.
- Removal: Retreat Health removed from Combat GUI.
- Technical: All entities now extend from EntityVillager.
- Feature: Added skins by Jyrus, Cujore, Alailanible, and ZogerOx.
- Change: Jokes now raise or lower hearts by 3 - 12 points and have a slighly lower chance of success.
- Fix: Villagers will now greet you themselves instead of you having to interact with them first.
- Fix: Game no longer crashes when two married children are given cake.
- Fix: Rotated wood blocks are no longer placed in a child's inventory when woodcutting.
- Fix: Smith's special ability now works properly again.
- Fix: Spouses say the correct phrases when given a baby.
- Removal: "All" option for woodcutting chore removed to prevent bug listed above. Now defaults to "Oak."
- Fix: Babies now grow properly again.
- Fix: Spouses no longer keep jumping for other players on a server after procreating.
- Fix: "Parents Deceased" appearing on other players' children no longer appears.
- Fix: Tombstones properly retain their text again.
- Fix: Quite the Charmer achievement now unlocks properly.
- Fix: Armed to the Teeth achievement now unlocks properly.
- Fix: Fishing chore now works correctly.
- Fix: Grandchildren no longer refuse an arranger's ring.
- Fix: Starting chores no longer causes two things to be said to the player.
- Fix: Taught a confused Hunting chore the differences between a pig and a cow.
- Fix: You are now notified if your baby is ready to grow when on a server.
- Fix: Marrying Them Off achievement now works again.
This is my personal list of bugs in order of severity. Some bugs may have fixes listed below them. I try to fix all bugs in each new release of MCA.
This is my personal list of things that I am working on for the next update.
Green features have been completed.
Blue features are in development.
Red features have been canceled for the next update.
Update Progress for MCA
- HD texture pack for the villagers.
Items and Recipes
Marriage and Engagement
Children and Chores
Here's a list of seeds that spawn you near or in a village! Thank you to the users who submitted these.
Enter the seed exactly as shown in Bold, including spaces, capitalization, and underscores.
Seeds for Minecraft v1.5.x
herobrine sucks - Player spawned in village. 9 small houses, 2 large houses, priest tower, smith, butcher/baker's house
Seeds for Minecraft v1.2.5/1.3.x/1.4.x
gimmeavillage - Player spawned in village. Has only small houses and priest tower in the center.
I want wendys - Village in front of the player. Medium sized with a few large houses.
rollercoaster - Player spawned in jungle. Village in front. Small, with 1 large house, 2 libraries, priest tower, and 1 small house.
Hero Rarehart - Player spawned next to large village. Multiple large and small houses, priest's tower, grain fields, and smith's house.
hippo - Large village short distance away. Move away from taiga and towards desert. No priest tower.
Imalone - Village on edge of desert. Has 8 small houses, librarian, and smith.
HowNowBrownCow - Found near spawn. Coordinates are X = -251, Z = 83. 7 small houses, 1 large house, 2 butchers, and priest tower.
Mooshroom - Desert village. 1 large house, 7 small houses, 2 butcher's/baker's shops, a smith, a priest tower, and 2 libraries.
432802978957599022 - Small village very near the player. Priest tower, smith's house, but no library.
-3674881552751852265 - Medium sized village near the player. No smith's house.
-6477892280881969750 - Village, forest, tons of ravines near village.
-2406536915417205944 - Very small village with 2 houses, library, smith, and priest tower.
2364922477808795093 - Spawns player in front of medium sized village with 2 or 3 large houses, 4 small houses and no blacksmith.
8173282897673080432 - Spawn on a large island. Village has only a well and a librarian, no other villagers. Library has a garden with wheat and carrots, but the island has no trees.
Support MCA by pasting one of these banners into your signature! I would gladly accept any more that are made and host them here.
Logo by NeonXperience
Banner by VorensHD
Logo by ChimneySwift11
Any questions about what you can do with the mod are answered here. If I don't answer your question here, feel free to PM me.
- Use this mod in a mod pack. Provide a link to this thread and do not modify the contents of the mod archive.
- Use this mod (or elements of it) in an adventure map.
- Post videos of this mod to YouTube and/or any other video-sharing website.
- Create content packs (code, textures, etc.) for this mod. If you add code, you must adhere to GPL v3.
- Bypass the adf.ly page by using or creating a direct link. Support the modders!
- Use URL shorteners/advertising to make money from a link to the mod or its thread.
- Distribute modified versions without licensing with GPL v3. This is a violation of copyleft.
First and foremost, thanks to my wonderful girlfriend, LuvTrumpetStyle, for the mod's idea and request.
WildBamaBoy - Lead Programmer
LuvTrumpetStyle / SheWolfDeadly - Lead Designer
DarkArtemisFowl - Forum Manager
Pulsater12 - Forum Manager
Thanks to Neoptolemus (planetelderscrolls.com) for the inspiration for the mod's name. Inspired by his mod: Morrowind Comes Alive.
Thanks to Shindokaku for the installation videos.
Thanks to ChimneySwift11 for the amazing logo and spotlight.
Thanks to TBone105Presents for his great LP's of this mod. Everyone watch the EggMcMuffin series, or BallerCraft2!
Thanks to Dhastan76 for his incredible HD villager skins.
Thanks to NeonXperience for a new logo and overhauling existing skins.
crowdin.net, a collaborative translation tool, is used to manage translations now. Almost 1000+ people have contributed to translations on Crowdin, which is far too many to show here. I will list those who have contributed the most to the project (900+ phrases translated), using their usernames on Crowdin:
- zon720 - Arabic
- foxtochop - European Spanish
- Dammster - Czech
- sky_demon - Lithuanian
- pken00 - Chinese Traditional
- toxicdog - Estonian
- czaszka - Polish
- Sasikaa - Hungarian
The following people translated the mod into another language prior to the v2.0.8 update. This was much more tedious than using Crowdin.
The following people contributed dialogue to the mod.
The following people have contributed skins to the mod.