1472 replies to this topic

da_moe
    da_moe

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postda_moe, on 17 July 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Hi, I'm using your mod for almost all my videos. (check out my signature:). But I have a problem recording in multiplayer: All other players and mobs from the game are moving too fast in the recording. I hoped the new version 1.41 fixed this, but it doesn't. Can you help me?

Hi. Today I recorded a new video and I noticed the same problem. But now in singleplayer, too! This is the only feature that is missing!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

WebMaka
    WebMaka

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Trying to use Minema and Camera Studio to record a few flyovers/flyarounds on my SMP server, but I seem to be unable to record footage with fully loaded chunks. If it's not loaded on screen it's not loaded in the video. It's working fine in all other respects but it's not actually stopping/slowing the client enough to get everything loaded. Setting render.chunks.preload to true seems to have zero effect.

Any ideas on what I should check?

BarracudaATA
  • Minecraft: barracuda

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

render.chunks.preload has effects for me, but I noticed that it loads only a small area around the player for some reason. I have yet to figure out how to preload chunks both on the server and client simultaneously.

Maybe I'll be able to fix some 1.3 issues easier if I switch to Forge, but that would basically mean I'm abandoning support for the classic ModLoader...
Posted Image

Derjyn
    Derjyn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

I wandered through several pages here... and I didn't see a single person mention an issue with Minema + Camera Studio. Say I set several points with CS. Go to camera path 1. Start recording with Minema. Start camera path (a short one) with a time of 1 minute. Hide interface with F1. Minema and Camera Studio chug along. Then BAM! The evil Camera Studio clipping issue kicks in, and CS pops the position back and forth between the next and previous points, endlessly.

I don't have a weak system, by any means. Core i7, 16GB of RAM, blah blah blah. I run a computer repair shop, and have a degree in computer science and electronics engineering. I program in C++, Java, and several other programming and scripting languages. I can take a girl's bra off with 2 fingers. So unless I'm missing something, there seems to be an issue here. I think it's because Camera Studio runs at a different tick rate than Minema perhaps?

Adr14nL1ndn3r

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

It doesn't record when i press F4
i did the record resolution to 1280x720
intel core i3
Medion notebook akoya
3psilontail on YOUTUBE (Subscribe me hard! :D <3)
Adrian Lindner on FACEBOOK (I'm german ^^)

Adr14nL1ndn3r

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

it don't work with F4

Derjyn
    Derjyn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostAdr14nL1ndn3r, on 30 August 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

it don't work with F4

You should probably be more descriptive, and not double post. What doesn't work when you press F4? How did you install Minema? Do you have ModLoader running?

ToasterWaffles64

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

When I start recording my minecraft lags really bad and than when I watch the movie the movie is fast forwarding what I'm doing in minecraft. I haven't changed any settings.

Adr14nL1ndn3r

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostDerjyn, on 30 August 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

You should probably be more descriptive, and not double post. What doesn't work when you press F4? How did you install Minema? Do you have ModLoader running?
Yes i DONT HAVE MODLOADER INSTALLED BECAUSE if i have modloader AND minema installed minecraft crashes after it shows the "mojang" icon.
I extracted the zip file in .minecraft folder.
if i press F4...oh wait i dont have modloader installed because of the crash
Please help!

Stonepath
  • Minecraft: Stonepath

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is really handy when recording a large redstone contraption/computer/calculator (stuff that I build) because especially on redstone computers, lots of redstone being toggled lags my Minecraft. Thanks so much for the mod! Posted Image . Posted Image for you!
Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostToasterWaffles64, on 31 August 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

When I start recording my minecraft lags really bad and than when I watch the movie the movie is fast forwarding what I'm doing in minecraft. I haven't changed any settings.

Part of this is design and intent of the mod.

The mod's goal is that your output movies are smooth and jerk free.
By default it changes the game's timing and drawing behavior, so that it fully draws/renders each frame, even if it takes more than 1/20th of a second. Yet the resultant frame is regarded as taking the appropriate amount of time in the output video. (That's simplified slightly; someone with more knowledge can give a more detailed explanation).

The result? If you want to record 30 fps, then even if it takes you 1.25 seconds to draw 30 frames, that 1.25 seconds will happen in 1 second in the video.

Equally, while minecraft normally does a maximum of 20 ticks per second, and 1 minute of real time has a maximum of 20*60=1200 ticks, a minute of Minema will have exactly 1200 ticks.

That is the design goal of the mod. It does a wonderful job of this, and I'm hoping to see a version in the future that at least has the option of turning those features off to record based on wall-clock time instead of tick-stable time.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

BarracudaATA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostAdr14nL1ndn3r, on 31 August 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yes i DONT HAVE MODLOADER INSTALLED BECAUSE if i have modloader AND minema installed minecraft crashes after it shows the "mojang" icon.
I extracted the zip file in .minecraft folder.
if i press F4...oh wait i dont have modloader installed because of the crash
Please help!
The big red text above the download links on the first page you're supposed to read before downloading Minema... read it.
Posted Image

ToasterWaffles64

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostKeybounce, on 31 August 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Part of this is design and intent of the mod.

The mod's goal is that your output movies are smooth and jerk free.
By default it changes the game's timing and drawing behavior, so that it fully draws/renders each frame, even if it takes more than 1/20th of a second. Yet the resultant frame is regarded as taking the appropriate amount of time in the output video. (That's simplified slightly; someone with more knowledge can give a more detailed explanation).

The result? If you want to record 30 fps, then even if it takes you 1.25 seconds to draw 30 frames, that 1.25 seconds will happen in 1 second in the video.

Equally, while minecraft normally does a maximum of 20 ticks per second, and 1 minute of real time has a maximum of 20*60=1200 ticks, a minute of Minema will have exactly 1200 ticks.

That is the design goal of the mod. It does a wonderful job of this, and I'm hoping to see a version in the future that at least has the option of turning those features off to record based on wall-clock time instead of tick-stable time.

um ok......

Toutsimplemain

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I've got a problem with pistons... Sometimes when I try to place sticky pistons facing-up the pistons appear like facing me :/ It happen when I'm recording in 60fps (capture.fps) or when I set capture.speed to 0.5
Is there a solution to fix that ?

Adr14nL1ndn3r

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostBarracudaATA, on 01 September 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

The big red text above the download links on the first page you're supposed to read before downloading Minema... read it.
Calm down!
I read it, i put the class file in the modloader.zip, put it in the jar file and so on but it crashes.
I will run it now with Magic Launcher. Maybe THIS is a good idea.

MiniUSB
    MiniUSB

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Minecraft: MiniUSB

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

And I just bought Fraps...

Regretted. This beats Fraps.
If another person asks me to code a hunger games plugin for them, I swear...

BarracudaATA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

But you can use Fraps for other games, too. ;)
Posted Image

sakkogamer

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

i dont want to be an ass XD
but i would be very nice if you can releas a version 1.6 with bugg fixes ar for forge and stop suporting modload if that fix the bugs for 1.3.2 that would be very awsem i know that that need time but it would be so nice :)

dusti
    dusti

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thank you very much for the creation of this mod! Loving the results i'm getting :D

Posted Image s42.hosthorde.com:25614

Steampunk Server!

RoboLizard

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

THE best recording mod ever, all others lag gameplay so bad its less than 2-3 FPS even on my Alienware, but this plays at a decent 18 FPS during recording, with max graphics settings. Also all other recorders I've tried output a end result of a jerky movie, and nowhere near the quality of this. The only thing that could improve this is to allow audio recording without having to change default recording device every time to stereo mix. I think CameraStudio recorder has that function, it allows you to select audio source in game via menu overlay, something that would be nice to change settings in game in this mod. Also the fast-forward effect on the end movie that others have already mentioned is quite noticeable, and a new bug as it didnt have this problem last time I used this, 1.7.3. Also setting in the config the game time, like for slo mo works, but dropping items after moving is buggy,  its like a ghost player lagging behind drops items from wherever I WAS. I personally dont use that function a lot, so it doesnt bother me, but others might use it. Anyways, awesome mod, keep up the good work. Posted Image x 100 for you Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image