• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mevans
    Mevans

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1156 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

The Lion King Mod is now available to download at: http://www.minecraft...n-king-mod-v12/

Greetings from Pride Rock.  ;)

I have been working on a mod which is based on Disney's The Lion King. This mod adds a Lion King theme to the game, with some content based on the Lion King and lots of other things which fit the theme. Among the current features are: 3 new animals, which are breedable and drop useful resources; 2 new monsters (more animals and monsters will be added); new NPC characters who can be interacted with to obtain rewards; new weapons and food; new types of trees, flowers and blocks; and 2 new dimensions, the Pride Lands and the Outlands, which are where most of this mod takes place. I will be adding many more features before this is released.

If you are interested, there are screenshots of some of the new things below.
Note: These screenshots were taken using the Painterly Pack. However, none of my textures for this mod's features are derived from the Painterly Pack.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

unknowmonster

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

So Awesome when release i will download!!! :D :D :D :D

C_Rat
    C_Rat

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Wow, this just looks amazing!

Posted Image

Yrael
    Yrael

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Very nice stuff!

I have some suggestions, if I may:

1. Tree types

Some more classic savannah trees such as this umbrella acacia would look marvellous:

Spoiler:

Here's an example of what such a tree might look like in Minecraft (this is from an old biome terrain mod):

Spoiler:

Also, the "Rafiki tree" looks great, but perhaps it could look more like the fat-trunked baobab that it was in the film?

Spoiler:

Finally, this isn't exactly a tree type, but how about termite mounds? This would be especially fitting in the Outlander dimension:

Spoiler:

2. The Spawn Portal

Is that portal made of glowstone? If so, that'll make it impossible for people to use both this mod and the Aether mod if they want to. It's not a big deal (since it doesn't impact on this mod by itself), but to maximise compatibility you could consider making a different type of portal.

3. Landmarks

In addition to Rafiki's baobab, how about Pride Rock itself?

4. Biomes

In the Pride Lands dimension, will you have different biomes? If so, I reckon biomes like the savannah, the jungle, the desert and maybe even an "elephant graveyard" biome would be sweet!

Keep up the good work! :)

lemonszz
    lemonszz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1845 posts
  • Minecraft: Lemonszz
  • Xbox:Lemonsszz

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Wow!

i came here thinking i was about to see a half-assed attempt to create a mod!

Well done, I like it!

Posted Image

Come check out my mod! You might just like it!

Mevans
    Mevans

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1156 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostYrael, on 07 January 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Very nice stuff!

I have some suggestions, if I may:

1. Tree types

Some more classic savannah trees such as this umbrella acacia would look marvellous:

Spoiler:

Here's an example of what such a tree might look like in Minecraft (this is from an old biome terrain mod):

Spoiler:

Also, the "Rafiki tree" looks great, but perhaps it could look more like the fat-trunked baobab that it was in the film?

Spoiler:

Finally, this isn't exactly a tree type, but how about termite mounds? This would be especially fitting in the Outlander dimension:

Spoiler:
Those trees would be great, I'll add them right away! The Rafiki Tree will probably take longer to change, but I will certainly try, and I've been planning to add termite mounds to the Outlands soon.

2. The Spawn Portal

Is that portal made of glowstone? If so, that'll make it impossible for people to use both this mod and the Aether mod if they want to. It's not a big deal (since it doesn't impact on this mod by itself), but to maximise compatibility you could consider making a different type of portal.
No, the portal is not made of glowstone. The frame is a new block type, which cannot be destroyed so the portals must be found to use them. Sadly I think this mod might be incompatible with the Aether anyway because of all the new blocks, items and dimensions  :(

3. Landmarks

In addition to Rafiki's baobab, how about Pride Rock itself?
This will probably end up being added. Should there be another quest that whichever Lion Kings and Queens I decide to place at Pride Rock can give you? Otherwise, I'm not sure how to use it.

4. Biomes

In the Pride Lands dimension, will you have different biomes? If so, I reckon biomes like the savannah, the jungle, the desert and maybe even an "elephant graveyard" biome would be sweet!

Keep up the good work! :)
If I can work out how to do that, I think it would be amazing.
Thank you for the suggestions, it's great to see you support the mod :)
Posted Image

Mevans
    Mevans

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1156 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

if anyone wants to have a look, the first version has been released: http://www.minecraft...-lion-king-mod/
Posted Image

DjGyarados
  • Minecraft: DjGyarados
  • Xbox:Portugal IV

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

So epic omg.
Posted Image

farmermcbean

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

it just crashes my minecraft

View Postfarmermcbean, on 03 February 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

it just crashes my minecraft
but it is a well designed mod

Apv301
    Apv301

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Minecraft: apv301

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Why.... why did you make a lion king mod...?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Deserick

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

i wish you could be simba :(

sirantartican

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostApv301, on 04 February 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

Why.... why did you make a lion king mod...?
because he can  how you like them appel huh
good mod but without skydaz cant download poo
looks nice though
have a :Soup:

oh no i got an  :arrow: to the :Lboots:

skyrim refreces rule terraria is cool and israphale drools

ps herbs are derps to
Posted Image

Rolind211

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

aether compatibru?