12108 replies to this topic

Darmak
    Darmak

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostCavalier9560, on 20 February 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

I'm having a problem. The entire mod works great (I love it btw) but theres one small problem for me. I can't make descriptive books. I have to go into creative mode and select them, and even then, the age isn't random, it goes up from age 2 to age 3 to age 4 and so on and so forth. When I take my book and combine it with a feather, it doesn't yield anything. Any way to fix this?? I want to get this to work completely, this is a great mod and its fun to play, especially on servers.

The way you create books and such is entirely different now.  This video should help you understand all the new mechanics:

https://www.youtube....h?v=sNSkjEvB_f8

Register or log in to remove.

Namorax
    Namorax

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Updated Mystcraft to 0.10.0!

There are a few (possible) Issues with this one...

-The Inkvial given on the Itemsheet is not using the icon to display a filled Inkvial. It just draws a black square of 10x16px behind the vial I put there, so there might be some black pixel visible outside the bottle. Used the fattest one I could find, but the minecraftcustomizer was down for the last few days so there might be a better solution...
-The "Writing Desk" got a provisorical Icon from me. I pasted the textures for the bookshelf together to form this, and it looks the way it was made: fast, sloppy but it still helps me to remember the way the writing desk is generated. No more facing the wrong direction. I really hope someone makes a better Icon or improves that one...
-Since I use Adrundaals UI I tried to keep the theme going for Mystcraft. Works pretty well if I may say so, but there might be one or two places with clashing pixels. I did the best I could to remove all of them, but if you find some, send me a PM, ok?

Now some screenshots...

Spoiler:

...and the download link: http://www.mediafire...7ukfgvi31rz743a

Enjoy!

PS: This is my NEI Creative Tabs menu. One might notice a distinct lack of Mystcraft.
Spoiler:
For D'Ni's sake... how do I get that creative Notebook?

Cavalier9560

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostDarmak, on 20 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

The way you create books and such is entirely different now.  This video should help you understand all the new mechanics:

https://www.youtube....h?v=sNSkjEvB_f8
Ahhhhh, ok. thanks much for your help!

Q_Mark
    Q_Mark

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Just curious
Quick Question(s) (kind of): Anyone else with Twilight Forest notice that you can't seem to be able to create an age 7 descriptive book, or is that just me? With the ( /tpx ) cheat I was able to find out that the Twilight Forest is "age 7". Tested this in 3 different worlds. Why is that?

Oh, and with the ( /tpx ) cheat I was also able to find age 1.  I always thuoght the overworld was age 1, thats why you start off with age 2 in descriptive books. But with the ( /tpx ) cheat I saw that the overworld is really 0 not 1. So Why is there never an age 1? The age 1 I went to was just a void wihout a platform.

Thank You

cupcake cat
  • Minecraft: alely

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostNisheeth, on 20 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

That makes things a bit easier. You can use the NEI plugin (link: http://binarymage.co...?f=13&t=696).
Now search for a page in it, and there you have it! Searching Biome will give you all the biomes, and other things don't exactly get classifications.

You can cheat the Link book modifier in, but it is a debug block, so you can't obtain it legitly. If you want to, you can destroy 8 Diamond blocks, and one gold block, and cheat it in. Would be similar to getting it legitly in 0.9.5

Uhh.... That link is dead.

Comming soon!

Posted Image

Q_Mark
    Q_Mark

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Here's A direct link to the MystNEI-Plugin:
http://dsiwars.x10.m...-Plugin-1.1.zip

Minipete
  • Minecraft: Minipete

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostQ_Mark, on 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Just curious
Quick Question(s) (kind of): Anyone else with Twilight Forest notice that you can't seem to be able to create an age 7 descriptive book, or is that just me? With the ( /tpx ) cheat I was able to find out that the Twilight Forest is "age 7". Tested this in 3 different worlds. Why is that?

Oh, and with the ( /tpx ) cheat I was also able to find age 1.  I always thuoght the overworld was age 1, thats why you start off with age 2 in descriptive books. But with the ( /tpx ) cheat I saw that the overworld is really 0 not 1. So Why is there never an age 1? The age 1 I went to was just a void wihout a platform.

Thank You

You can't make a descriptive book of a non-Mystcraft dimension.  Linking yes, Descriptive no.  You could no more make a Descriptive book for the Nether or the End than you could for Twilight Forest.

And DIM1(Dimension 1) is the End.  I presume that it remained a void because you teleported to it instead of entering properly (I had a similar scenario happen when I tp'd to the Nether without having been there yet - terrain refused to generate, and I had to /kill myself to get out).
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kind of outdated, but support Mob Spawners in Creative!

Senioo
    Senioo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: Warplord

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hey, very nice new system here :P
Just wanted to ask how do ucreate eternal day ages now? I tried with "Full length" and "Noon" but nothing happened...

Q_Mark
    Q_Mark

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostMinipete, on 20 February 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

You can't make a descriptive book of a non-Mystcraft dimension.  Linking yes, Descriptive no.  You could no more make a Descriptive book for the Nether or the End than you could for Twilight Forest.

I know that. I'm saying that it skips that one. With Twilight Forest the descriptive books go age 2, age 3, Age 4, Age 5, Age 6, Age 8... and so on. Normaly the 7 is "just another Mystcraft dimension, but with Twilight Forest installed aswell it seems to take over 7 and there for is no Age 7. And the only why to get to "7" with a book is with the ( /tpx ) cheat and a linking book because it isn't a real Mystcraft dimension.

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostNamorax, on 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

Spoiler:
Very nice!  Over the years I've gone from vanilla to Doku's to Misa's, to Sphax, then finally back to vanilla because tracking down mod textures is a bit annoying.  Still, those images are making me contemplate going back to that pack.

You get the Creative Notebook from the proper Creative menu.  If you want however, there is a Mystcraft NEI plugin thanks to Heldplayer.  It's on the Mystcraft Forums, and adds all the pages, as well as the Creative notebook and all decay.  It also removes the 1x1x1 writing desk that NEI picks up automatically.

View PostQ_Mark, on 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Spoiler:
Mystcraft age numbers are based on dimension id.  The Twilight Forest defaults to dimension id 7.  You can change it in the Twilight Forest config if you'd like, I prefer -2 myself.

The Overworld is id 0, the Nether is -1, and the End is -2.  It likely appeared a void to you because you ended up at the spawn co-ordinates, which I believe are the same as the Overworld's spawn co-ordinates, instead of about 0,60,0 which is the only place the End generates terrain around.

View PostSenioo, on 20 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Spoiler:
I would check the newly updated Symbols page on the Mystcraft wiki.  It's a rather valuable resource.  Specifically I would look here.
I do stuff.

Ages of Mystcraft - Symbols released!  New symbols for Mystcraft!
Now working on Ages of Mystcraft - Tech and Ages of Mystcraft - Journals.

Minipete
  • Minecraft: Minipete

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostQ_Mark, on 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I know that. I'm saying that it skips that one. With Twilight Forest the descriptive books go age 2, age 3, Age 4, Age 5, Age 6, Age 8... and so on. Normaly the 7 is "just another Mystcraft dimension, but with Twilight Forest installed aswell it seems to take over 7 and there for is no Age 7. And the only why to get to "7" with a book is with the ( /tpx ) cheat and a linking book because it isn't a real Mystcraft dimension.

...One of us is missing something here. The Age number is the same as its Dimension number.  Thus there's no Age 7 because what would be Age 7, DIMENSION 7, is already taken by Twilight Forest.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kind of outdated, but support Mob Spawners in Creative!

MusicallyInspired
  • Minecraft: MusiclyInspired

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

yeah dire's spotlight really does you no good to watch for writing books, important parts are the ink bottles, leather in the binder and once you have the descriptive book you can just stick pages in manually.

Not exactly correct. Once a descriptive book is bound, the number of pages within it are fixed and unchangeable. You aren't "sticking" pages into the descriptive book, you are copying the symbols from your notebook/pages into the available blank descriptive book pages. Currently a good way to write an age without wasting too many blank pages or not having enough for the symbols you want after you've already bound the book, is to instead copy symbol pages first into a blank notebook instead. Then use the notebook with the binding table which puts all of the symbol pages from the age-ready notebook into a new descriptive book. This removes the possibility of wasting paper. You'll need to continually refill stacks of paper in the writing desk, though, if you go beyond 64 symbols/pages.

Maybe there should be multiple slots in the writing desk for paper. Say four?

View Postcupcake cat, on 20 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

N

No i mean its hard to make worlds in CREATIVE... I make worlds for a purpose. And this system makes it REALLY complicated to just throw together ages. I liked everything being allready sorted... that made it easier for sure!

The way it is now you can sort the symbols yourself into multiple notebooks. It's not so hard once you examine the symbols and see the similarities and the meanings between them.
Posted Image

MusicallyInspired

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostNamorax, on 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

Updated Mystcraft to 0.10.0!

There are a few (possible) Issues with this one...

-The Inkvial given on the Itemsheet is not using the icon to display a filled Inkvial. It just draws a black square of 10x16px behind the vial I put there, so there might be some black pixel visible outside the bottle. Used the fattest one I could find, but the minecraftcustomizer was down for the last few days so there might be a better solution...
-The "Writing Desk" got a provisorical Icon from me. I pasted the textures for the bookshelf together to form this, and it looks the way it was made: fast, sloppy but it still helps me to remember the way the writing desk is generated. No more facing the wrong direction. I really hope someone makes a better Icon or improves that one...
-Since I use Adrundaals UI I tried to keep the theme going for Mystcraft. Works pretty well if I may say so, but there might be one or two places with clashing pixels. I did the best I could to remove all of them, but if you find some, send me a PM, ok?

Thank you for this!! Just one question, how to install it? Throwing it in the texturepack folder does nothing. Is this an add-on for the full Dokucraft texturepack?

EDIT: Just made my own ZIP...works.
Posted Image

ImpishX
    ImpishX

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Presentation for this mod was very poor. Not enough details as to what it actually IS in the original post, as well as no visual examples.

Note: Relying on wiki's for EVERYTHING is bad. Stop doing it. Put info about the mod into the original thread that's trying to show it off.

MusicallyInspired

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I agree that the OP can cause a lot of confusion here. Most of the info is in the past few pages of this thead and on the dedicated MystCraft website/forums itself. The hardcore followers go there for most discussion and updates. Why not just remove all info and post a couple screenshots, basic news (ie- 0.10.0.00 is up!), and a link to the website/forums/wiki. Nothing else. Maybe a short synopsis. That way it won't need constant updating.

But don't be a dick.

EDIT: Actually, upon review, the OP seems to do just what I had stated (minus screenshots). What's your problem?
Posted Image

Laughing_Man16
  • Minecraft: Laughing_Man16
  • Xbox:No thank you

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostImpishX, on 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Presentation for this mod was very poor. Not enough details as to what it actually IS in the original post, as well as no visual examples.

Note: Relying on wiki's for EVERYTHING is bad. Stop doing it. Put info about the mod into the original thread that's trying to show it off.

Please stop. The mods section doesn't need some anti-wiki crusader annoying everyone. And don't try to claim you aren't because I just saw your comment on the divine RPG thread spouting the same "Don't use wiki's" crap. So please just stop before you cause an incident.
Humanity is the creation of Logic and Emotion, Calculation and Imagination, Cold Analysis and Blind Faith. This is why I believe it is a strange Human that would prize one while shunning the other. For a calculator can do math just as well as you, but a calculator can not use math to make the world a better place.

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostImpishX, on 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

This release is out because users were clamoring for an update, even if it wasn't quite finished yet.  Now users are complaining about known issues without end.

Note: Criticizing a mod distributed for free and written by one man who also has work and school and other projects and weekly engagements to attend to, for things that are known and simply haven't been addressed yet because of time, is bad.  Stop doing it.  Ask questions about what the plans are and make your voice heard when there are no plans to improve something rather than having a childish tantrum.
I do stuff.

whengreg
    whengreg

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

I'm having trouble creating a mob-free age. (Background: I want a dark, moody castle floating in an infinite void, without running into creepers on the ramparts, or lighting it up like a disco ball.)

Symbols are:
Mushroom Island Biome, Single Biome, Boundless Sky, End, Zero Length, Dark Moon, End World, Eternal Rain, Ender Starfield, Dark Sun, Standard Lighting, Clear Modifiers.

I don't see any instability, but the island is *covered* with mobs. Anyone know why?

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

It may be the Eternal Rain symbol setting the biome when it doesn't need to.  That's how Eternal Rain works in deserts.  Try No Weather and see how that does.
I do stuff.

Namorax
    Namorax

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 February 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Thank you for this!! Just one question, how to install it? Throwing it in the texturepack folder does nothing. Is this an add-on for the full Dokucraft texturepack?

EDIT: Just made my own ZIP...works.

It is an addon for Dokucraft. Simply unpack the rar and move the "myst" folder into your texturepack.
OR you just create a folder with a random name and move the "myst" folder in there. Personally I prefer using unpacked texturepacks becuse they make it easier for me to swap/edit textures.