[1.6.4] Mystcraft (0.10.11)

mystcraft dimension terrain corruption ssp smp weather

• Please log in to reply
12122 replies to this topic

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostFortescue247, on 04 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hi,

do you guys still get Buildcraft oil in your mystcraft ages? The only age i managed to contain oil was one where i used a mountainous desert biome from extrabiomes 3.9.0. Very disturbing as i was dreaming of becoming the oil king on our server. (Might this be connected to the bug where the game crashes when exiting in a single player age? FYI: i am using direwolf20 v5)
Make a bright void age with bright sky/fog/sunset colors.  You'll find oil all over, to the point where you'll want to disable it.
I do stuff.

Ages of Mystcraft - Symbols released!  New symbols for Mystcraft!
Now working on Ages of Mystcraft - Tech and Ages of Mystcraft - Journals.

Register or log in to remove.

Commador823

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

So, this is an error I get when loading an existing world.  I am running a lot of mods, but I think the conflict must be between your mod and DivineRPG.  Since I am unsure who's side the error is on, I am sending the log to both of you.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostCommador823, on 06 February 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

So, this is an error I get when loading an existing world.  I am running a lot of mods, but I think the conflict must be between your mod and DivineRPG.  Since I am unsure who's side the error is on, I am sending the log to both of you.

Spoiler tags, or no help will be given.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

idgarad
    idgarad

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Found an issue. Despite having various duplicate ores disabled in various mods (e.g. Tin) in all Mystcraft worlds it appears that any registered ore is used resulting in my test, 5 different types of tin ore. Could it be possible to specify in the Mystcraft config which registed ores to not use so we can blacklist the disabled ores from other mods that we have disabled worldgen for. I know checking an unknown list of mods for what is disabled might not be an option but at least with a blacklist we can manage that ourselves, that is unless forge stores an additional list of not only registered ores, but ores blocked from world gen (which I doubt.)

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postidgarad, on 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Found an issue. Despite having various duplicate ores disabled in various mods (e.g. Tin) in all Mystcraft worlds it appears that any registered ore is used resulting in my test, 5 different types of tin ore. Could it be possible to specify in the Mystcraft config which registed ores to not use so we can blacklist the disabled ores from other mods that we have disabled worldgen for. I know checking an unknown list of mods for what is disabled might not be an option but at least with a blacklist we can manage that ourselves, that is unless forge stores an additional list of not only registered ores, but ores blocked from world gen (which I doubt.)

If you mean in a dense ore world, then yes.

Mystcraft has no way of reading another mod's configs to determine if an ore in the ore dictionary is disabled or not.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Fortescue247

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostVeovis Muad, on 05 February 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Make a bright void age with bright sky/fog/sunset colors.  You'll find oil all over, to the point where you'll want to disable it.

So i should be seeing something black here? I will do some more tests to rule out that this was a freak accident, but it seems evident to me that at least in my setup something is wrong.

Posted Image

P.S.: Sorry i didn't post that bug report, big stuff at work.

P.P.S.: Testing done, no change.

P.P.S.: Still there with reduced modlist:
Minecraft Coder Pack 7.26a
Forge Mod Loader 4.7.22.539
Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.515
CodeChickenCore 0.7.1.0
NEI 1.4.5.1
BC 3.4.2
Mystcaft 0.9.5.00

and ... uh ... Minecraft 1.4.7 ... is that the problem?

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 06 February 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Spoiler tags, or no help will be given.

You should have dinged him/her on not doing a forum search as well. The answer is so obvious.

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 06 February 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

You should have dinged him/her on not doing a forum search as well. The answer is so obvious.

It's on the wiki, too.

idgarad
    idgarad

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 06 February 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

If you mean in a dense ore world, then yes.

Mystcraft has no way of reading another mod's configs to determine if an ore in the ore dictionary is disabled or not.

Hence a blacklist option would be the most reasonable solution to reign in any errant ore registrations we don't want used.

Keybounce

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

In the next version, dense ores won't add any mod ore unless that mod registers with Mystcraft. So the issue will go away.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

Commador823

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

what is your policy on modpacks?

Posted Image

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostCommador823, on 07 February 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

what is your policy on modpacks?

Dude.  Original post.

View PostXCompWiz, on 04 January 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

You can install and play this mod wherever and however you see fit. Posted Image  You may have fun playing this mod. Posted Image
Modpacks are not allowed excepting those that already have permission. 'Private' packs are allowed, but have restrictions as below.  I will only consider approving modpacks which use the FTB Launcher and distribution.

Commador823

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 07 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Dude.  Original post.

Oh, sorry.  I was told there wasn't an official one

Posted Image

Silverbel

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hi, I visited your chat but I figured I would post here too.
I am starting to consider using Mystcraft but I use Biomes O Plenty, and when I tried to use the Notebook there were so many biomes they did not fit on the screen.
Edit: To clarify, I spawned that Notebook in Creative Mode.

Hopefully the next version will have ways to resolve the "Way Too Many Options" scenario, like multiple pages.
Thanks for your attention to detail, and keep up the creativity!

Konitor
    Konitor

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 694 posts
  • Minecraft: Konitor

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have MC 1.4.7 with Forge 6.6.0.497.

In SSP the notebook loses it's mind. When taking the descriptive book out of the writing desk the notebook becomes empty again.
Removing and replacing the notebook has the same effect. A used descriptive book should not look empty, too, as I remember.
The symbols are only shown in the notebook, when the descriptive book has been used recently. I have to use the same book (age 2) over and over again, to refresh the notebook. When using age 3 with the writing desk, the symbols of age 2 have all gone. The descriptive book "age 2" is not known anymore.

What can I do?

MysticAura
  • Minecraft: MysticAura

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostCommador823, on 06 February 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

I suggest paying attention to these things from your log
Spoiler:

Entity conflicts need fixing in the config (if they included them)
Make sure you have all required cores for your mods
If you're still getting a crash after fixing those things, then post your new log
Always use spoiler tags

Always use spoilers when posting error logs.

[spoiler] error log [/spoiler]

Posted Image

For easy mod installation and Forge/MC updates, use MultiMC

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostSilverbel, on 07 February 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Hi, I visited your chat but I figured I would post here too.
I am starting to consider using Mystcraft but I use Biomes O Plenty, and when I tried to use the Notebook there were so many biomes they did not fit on the screen.
Edit: To clarify, I spawned that Notebook in Creative Mode.

Hopefully the next version will have ways to resolve the "Way Too Many Options" scenario, like multiple pages.
Thanks for your attention to detail, and keep up the creativity!

Next version will be organized better.

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostKonitor, on 07 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I have MC 1.4.7 with Forge 6.6.0.497.

In SSP the notebook loses it's mind. When taking the descriptive book out of the writing desk the notebook becomes empty again.
Removing and replacing the notebook has the same effect. A used descriptive book should not look empty, too, as I remember.
The symbols are only shown in the notebook, when the descriptive book has been used recently. I have to use the same book (age 2) over and over again, to refresh the notebook. When using age 3 with the writing desk, the symbols of age 2 have all gone. The descriptive book "age 2" is not known anymore.

What can I do?
First I'd make sure that this happens when using the mod on its own.  This is weird behavior and I've not heard of anything else like it, and that usually means a mod conflict.

View PostDraco18s, on 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Next version will be organized better.
Well....  Next version will allow you to organize better.  Or you could keep all your symbols in one notebook and have far worse organization.
I do stuff.

Ages of Mystcraft - Symbols released!  New symbols for Mystcraft!
Now working on Ages of Mystcraft - Tech and Ages of Mystcraft - Journals.

idgarad
    idgarad

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Any throughts for server operators to limit players to a certain amount of time before teleporting people out of mystcraft worlds? Two fold: A- To keep players from spending all their time in Mystcraft worlds hiding (especially for PvP servers) B- to cut down on larger server's admin log of "Help I am trapped because a creeper blew up my bookstand and overworld linking book (which on my test server is becoming all too common now that we have a lot of monsters to fight against, the Ogres are problematic, might have to disable their smash ability.).

I am really trying to force people to use Mystcraft dimensions for resource gathering versus the Overworld (they can only mine\destroy in territory they control in the normal overworld) but I am leaving the Mystcraft dimensions Free-For-All. Allowing them only a limited time in the dimension might be a good mechanic to keep them in the overworld more (e.g. "You feel a force growing drawing you back to your own reality....") Either the player hustles back to their book or they get a free ticket back to the default spawn (which can be a prety huge hike back to their base meaning a long walk of opportunity to get ganked along the way.

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3393 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postidgarad, on 07 February 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Any throughts for server operators to limit players to a certain amount of time before teleporting people out of mystcraft worlds?

No