Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 18 December 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

How frustrated are you going to be when you discover that a linking book only takes you to the dimension it's crafted in. Making a linking book in that dimension will not help you get home.

Star fissures, dude Posted Image I'm going symbol-hunting with descriptive books. I've been playing with MystCraft since before there were notebooks and the mod was incompatible with Forge. I know how the basics work Posted Image
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Register or log in to remove.

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostQwertygiy, on 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Star fissures, dude Posted Image I'm going symbol-hunting with descriptive books. I've been playing with MystCraft since before there were notebooks and the mod was incompatible with Forge. I know how the basics work Posted Image
Good luck then. lol

Keybounce

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostSabakuOokami, on 18 December 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

The symbols being added... usually from what I've seen in a few books, it auto-generate's everything. So I get extra biomes, skies, clouds, weather, biome controller's, etc... basically it adds in everything to create an age on top of what I put in. Which... is pretty confusing to put in words, so a screenshot might better explain it.

Copying a book? If you mean adding the same symbols as a randomly generated book has... no I haven't tried it. (Though I'll try now and see what happens)

The version I'm using is 0.9.4.05.

Ok, then try this.

When you make a book, each symbol has a "tooltip" that pops up, giving a readable name.

Please tell us the content of a sample book before you go through, and again after you go through.

View PostQwertygiy, on 18 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Well, the 4th Age I created was an Eternal Night age with Hunger III and Weakness. (Oh yeah. FUN.) I got greedy and chased after a few chickens, then my sword broke when I met a spider. I had to fight it and another off with my stone axe. I ran back to my stone spawnpoint, and just as I grabbed the linkbook from my inventory to place it in the bookstand...

Ssssssssss.

You Died!

Minecraft Wiki mentions nothing helpful. I *do* have some torches nearby, keeping it well-lit, and it's a Bright age. My wheat right across from the sugarcane is growing just fine. Is something else up here with my Age, slowing the growth of my sugarcane, or am I just unlucky?
"bright" has no effect on plant growth. It only affects what your eyes see.

If you have wheat growing just fine, and you are sure that the light level above the sugar cane is 9 or better, then you are just unlucky. I'm assuming that you are doing "compound growth" of the sugar cane by planting new crops as soon as it grows?

Oh yea -- Have you seen http://binarymage.co...ings:entrapment ?

As a minimum safety level, bring three books (one in your hotbar), two linking stands, and a chest with you when you enter a new age. Place one stand, and one book near the spot you arrive at. Place the chest, second stand, and book close to, but not too near, your arrival spot (ideally it should be far enough away that if a charged creeper explodes on you, the chest will still be intact.)

I wrote that -- including 3 books, setting up a chest and a distant stand -- specifically for dealing with surprise creepers.

They will destroy loose items when they go off. Like the book in your hand.
Last I checked, they would destroy holders -- like bookstands and chests -- and leave the contents untouched.

I like to call them "dumb bombs", after a "defender" clone where smart bombs would destroy those carriers, leaving all the little guys swarming you at once.

I ran back to my stone spawnpoint, and just as I grabbed the linkbook from my inventory to place it in the bookstand
Ahh, so it wasn't in your hotbar at all times? You didn't have a linkbook set up as soon as you arrived? You didn't place a chest down on arrival?

I'm not paranoid. Those creepers really are out to get me.
General Spaz hates me :-).
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

sossioaruta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Couple of weeks ago i started messing with mystcraft in my test world. I tried the railcraft/portal system to get lava from the nether and it worked just fine. Today i was looking for the end portal and went at least 1000 blocks away. I had a linking book to my test base, when i r-click on it the black rectangule where you click to get teleported is grey...So i assume that i can't travel between the same age. But i see in DW's video that he travels with mystcraft books among the same age and even for few blocks. Am i doing something wrong??
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Great job, having a lot of fun with your mod!!!
I'm using FTB 1.4.2.

arthahar
    arthahar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I just have teleport hub in another age with books at stands to all important points in main world or other ages.

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postsossioaruta, on 18 December 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Couple of weeks ago i started messing with mystcraft in my test world. I tried the railcraft/portal system to get lava from the nether and it worked just fine. Today i was looking for the end portal and went at least 1000 blocks away. I had a linking book to my test base, when i r-click on it the black rectangule where you click to get teleported is grey...So i assume that i can't travel between the same age. But i see in DW's video that he travels with mystcraft books among the same age and even for few blocks. Am i doing something wrong??
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Great job, having a lot of fun with your mod!!!
I'm using FTB 1.4.2.
You have to use a link modifier to make it so books can teleport in the same age.

sossioaruta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 18 December 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

You have to use a link modifier to make it so books can teleport in the same age.

thanks for the replys. Could you please explain how to??Thanks in advance!!!

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3397 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postsossioaruta, on 18 December 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

thanks for the replys. Could you please explain how to??Thanks in advance!!!

http://binarymage.co...g:link_modifier
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

So, fooling around with this in FTB and came across one of those ages that has huge trees, what biome/world type creates that? I'd like to make a world eventually that's stable and include that. Once I got back and put the book on the writing desk, it listed these for the book settings:

Single Biome
Plains
Lakes
Black Fog
White Fog
Standard Lighting
Slow Weather
Eternal Day
Standard Terrain

I don't see one there that would suggest huge trees, unless it's a combo of some of them? I looked on the wiki and I don't see a list of the symbols and their meanings / uses for world generation. The only thing I find on the wiki is in the config file where it says

huge_trees.enabled=true

Does that just apply to all biomes? The way I read that is there should be a separate symbol for huge trees, or am I understanding that incorrectly?
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

SabakuOokami
  • Minecraft: Sabaku_Ookami

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Ok, then try this.

When you make a book, each symbol has a "tooltip" that pops up, giving a readable name.

Please tell us the content of a sample book before you go through, and again after you go through.

Alrighty then... This is the most common one I attempt to create since seeing Direwolf's mod spotlight on it.
I figured a tiny biome one would be the easiest to get as a stable world as tiny biomes use 1 biome (at least in the version Direwolf had)

Custom Book before entering the age:
Biome: Plains
Biome Controllers: Tiny Biomes
Lighting: Standard
Sky: Red Sky, Red sunset, Red Fog, Black Clouds
Terrain Features: Ravines
Terrain Generation: Standard Terrain
Time: Normal Time
Weather: No Weather
World Modifiers: None

After entering the Age: (all of the above plus):

Biomes: Extreme Hills Edge, Extreme Hills Edge
Terrain Features: Caves, Wooden Tendrils.

If the added things don't cause the instability... then I have no idea what does, but I still get the 'symptoms' of instability and see the weird purplish decay blocks, even if it's supposed to be stable.

cranarack

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostXCompWiz, on 15 May 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

It can be turned off in the config file.  This will prevent decay from spawning and remove any existing decay.

This is planned, actually. Posted Image  Great idea.  A much better name than I was going to give it.  Hopefully you don't mind if I use it. Posted Image

Water is cheap in Minecraft.  Do we care if it gets removed?
This is much better than the alternatives, believe me.  I spent quite some time figuring out the best course of action for water.

Not really intentional.  It's an effect of the glass material.  This should be addressed later.

Ah, this is the same issue we had before.  It is only on your client that the error exists.  When linking it send you the data about the age you are in.  When logging in it fails to do that.  Linking out and back in obviously fixes the issue.
I'll see what I can do.

The village symbol might have been auto selected, but this looks like two different age logic constructions.  I would delete the appropriate DIM folder and see what happens.

That's the wrong one.  You need mystcraft-1.2.5-0.8.3-Forge-3.1.3.105.zip.
The normal package has a forge folder because it uses a few forge items.
i am questioning the first quote (cant figure out how to delete other quotes so XD)

It can be turned off in the config file.  This will prevent decay from spawning and remove any existing decay.

i have turned off  options.instability=true to false and options.instability.blackdecay=true to false which option will let you turn off decay fully all the way like all of the original is gone and it wont spawn anymore i cant figure it out :D thanks

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3397 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostSabakuOokami, on 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Alrighty then... This is the most common one I attempt to create since seeing Direwolf's mod spotlight on it.
I figured a tiny biome one would be the easiest to get as a stable world as tiny biomes use 1 biome (at least in the version Direwolf had)

Custom Book before entering the age:
Biome: Plains
Biome Controllers: Tiny Biomes

After entering the Age: (all of the above plus):

Biomes: Extreme Hills Edge, Extreme Hills Edge

"Tiny Biomes" requires a minimum of 3 biomes.
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Tiny/Small/Medium/Large/Huge biomes require at least 3 biomes.
Checkered Biomes requires 2 biomes.
Single Biome requires 1 biome. (duh)
Native Biome Controller requires 0 biomes. (I believe this is Creative-only.)
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

SabakuOokami
  • Minecraft: Sabaku_Ookami

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 18 December 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

"Tiny Biomes" requires a minimum of 3 biomes.

Well that solves the extra biomes...

What about the instability it still gives me? Is it because those auto-generate?

Meroveus
    Meroveus

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Minecraft: Meroveus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

the link to binaryimage is broken

Godsvilla

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

When will you update this to 1.4.5

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostGodsvilla, on 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

When will you update this to 1.4.5

It *IS* updated. Reading the OP and the official download page would be nice.

elgriton

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the right place? I'm not sure where to post it

But I was wondering if I can get a bit of help, I am running the latest FTB update and whenever i try to load my world I get

"2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 0, One is already registered
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:66)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.registerDimensions(MystcraftEventHandler.java:50)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.handleWorldLoadEvent(MystcraftEventHandler.java:37)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_62_MystcraftEventHandler_handleWorldLoadEvent_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at bcb.a(IntegratedServer.java:66)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at bcb.c(IntegratedServer.java:87)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at fp.run(SourceFile:818)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to unregister dimension for id 10; No provider registered
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.unregisterDimension(DimensionManager.java:82)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.unregisterDimensions(MystcraftEventHandler.java:57)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.handleSaveUnloadEvent(MystcraftEventHandler.java:44)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_61_MystcraftEventHandler_handleSaveUnloadEvent_Unload.invoke(.dynamic)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:417)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at bcb.k(IntegratedServer.java:218)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:542)
2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] at fp.run(SourceFile:818)"

And the world doesn't load.

Again I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Full log at pastbin here

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3397 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostSabakuOokami, on 18 December 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Well that solves the extra biomes...

What about the instability it still gives me? Is it because those auto-generate?

All required symbols that auto-generate cause instability.

View Postelgriton, on 18 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the right place? I'm not sure where to post it

But I was wondering if I can get a bit of help, I am running the latest FTB update and whenever i try to load my world I get

"2012-12-18 17:05:47 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 0, One is already registered

http://binarymage.co...vider_for_dim_0

elgriton

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostDraco18s, on 18 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

All required symbols that auto-generate cause instability.

http://binarymage.co...vider_for_dim_0
Thank you!